Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By xybadog
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iMore Intermediate

Default How do I go back to app?

This may be a really stupid question but I've got to ask.

When using the iMore app today I clicked on a link to an external source. This then opened up in Safari, I think (unless it opens in the app itself). When I'd finished with the linked page I just could not find any way of returning to the iMore app. In the end I had to close the linked page then re-open iMore app.

Have I missed something obvious or is it necessary to just close out and then re-open the app as I did?

For the sake of an example the link below is the one I clicked on, if anyone wants to try to open it in their iMore app and see what I mean in case I've been a bit vague.

(Link originally provided by kch50428 in one of my threads (I don't want to be accused of plagiarism ))

How to make iCloud on Windows sync bookmarks with Safari, not Internet Explorer - Ask Different

Global Posts
    22,224 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Default Re: How do I go back to app?

Quote Originally Posted by xybadog View Post
    This may be a really stupid question but I've got to ask.

When using the iMore app today I clicked on a link to an external source. This then opened up in Safari, I think (unless it opens in the app itself). When I'd finished with the linked page I just could not find any way of returning to the iMore app. In the end I had to close the linked page then re-open iMore app.

Have I missed something obvious or is it necessary to just close out and then re-open the app as I did?
    The iMore app has a built-in browser and when you tap on an external link, it will open in the app's browser. to return to the previous page, select "article" in the upper left corner of the screen.

For the sake of an example the link below is the one I clicked on, if anyone wants to try to open it in their iMore app and see what I mean in case I've been a bit vague.

(Link originally provided by kch50428 in one of my threads (I don't want to be accused of plagiarism ))

How to make iCloud on Windows sync bookmarks with Safari, not Internet Explorer - Ask Different
    I could not locate article that contained the above link via the iMore App. I searched the "All Articles" & the "How-To" section of the app.
    Thanked by:
    xybadog (04-19-2013)
  3. Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  
    iMore Intermediate

OK, thanks for that info, very helpful.

The link was posted in this thread originally (3rd post) - http://forums.imore.com/apps-games/2...available.html

Global Posts
    22,224 Global Posts
    iOS Version

OK, thanks for that info, very helpful.

The link was posted in this thread originally (3rd post) - http://forums.imore.com/apps-games/2...available.html
    Are you referring to the iMore app or the iMore Forums app?

UPDATE: Just in case, I selected the link via the iMore Forums app and the on-browser took me to the web page, and to return, all I did was tap on 'Back' in the upper left corner of the screen.
    Last edited by JustMe'D; 04-19-2013 at 02:38 PM.
  5. Thread AuthorThread Author   #5  
    iMore Intermediate

I meant the iMore Forum app, sorry. But I don't see a "back" link. Here's the page I'm seeing

How do I go back to app?-imageuploadedbyimore-forums1366402757.216896.jpg

Global Posts
    22,224 Global Posts
    iOS Version

I meant the iMore Forum app, sorry. But I don't see a "back" link. Here's the page I'm seeing

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByiMore Forums1366402757.216896.jpg 
Views:	52 
Size:	77.2 KB 
ID:	29805
    How do I go back to app?-imageuploadedbyimore-forums1366402970.727605.jpg

As you can see, mine is slightly different than yours. Yours is opened from within Safari whereas mine is opened from within the iMore Forums app.
    Thanked by:
    xybadog (04-19-2013)
  7. Thread AuthorThread Author   #7  
    iMore Intermediate

Quote Originally Posted by JustMe'D View Post

As you can see, mine is slightly different than yours. Yours is opened from within Safari whereas mine is opened from within the iMore Forums app.
    Thanks, you've highlighted my problem so I've changed the setting in my app to open within the app instead. It must have defaulted to Safari because I've not touched any of the settings. Thanks anyway.
    JustMe'D likes this.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    373 Global Posts

Also, couldn't you just double tap the Home button to quickly select the previous app via the task manager?