* Is Passbook a complete waste of time? I don't even use the thing!

anon(279851)

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
How many of you use Passbook? I tried to use it and it doesn't seem to add ANY kind of functuality in my daily life at all. Was this just a novelty? How many of you use it and for what purpose??

Bazza1

Mar 13, 2011
Visit site
I've used it precisely once - and that was for an airline confirmation scan that they sent me by email as well - so I could have used that.

I think it may be a location thing - some places have more opportunity to find/use Passbook-friendly services, but then there's stupid things, like having a Starbucks Passbook app that is repeating something you need to have on your phone anyway (to activate the Passbook), but then offers less functionality. But some users refer to using it as a coupon thing, popping up with offers if using Locations on it. But does that add any true "functionality to daily life"? Meh.

I fear its another one of those pointless gee-wizardly apps that Apple is apt to include in an upgrade to the iOS, in the hope it might catch on and ideally, distract users from asking about the apps already there that still don't work as well as they should.

John Yester

Moderator Team Leader
Ambassador
May 23, 2012
Visit site
It may work for some and other have no use for it.... I guess a lot can be said about devices and applications built in natively, not just iPhone and Apple...

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
How many of you use Passbook?
I use it fairly often, especially at Starbucks and Walgreens.
I tried to use it and it doesn't seem to add ANY kind of functuality in my daily life at all.
A lot of people feel that way about it. Personally, I think several factors got in the way of its success to this point. One in particular is the fact that many companies were promoting their own app that contained their reward cards, boarding passes, coupons, etcetera and probably found it contradicting to help Apple promote the Passbook app that could render their app useless.
Was this just a novelty?
Some would think so.
How many of you use it and for what purpose??
See my answer above....:)

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
I use it regularly at Starbucks. Saves so much time at the drive through! I don't even have to worry about unlocking the phone.

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Like everyone else said here it is for some but not others. Many find it useful so that they don't have to carry all of their discount cards around.
I only use it like Alli said for Starbucks but still find it useful.

impaler

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
How many of you use Passbook? I tried to use it and it doesn't seem to add ANY kind of functuality in my daily life at all. Was this just a novelty? How many of you use it and for what purpose??

I use it sometimes. I load my Starbucks card on there, and use the Walgreens one to scan in my rewards stuff when I shop there. Also use the REI and Target ones. Not heavy use, but some. Nice concept, needs more vendors to really take off.

stoneland

Jan 10, 2011
Visit site
I personally never used it. It's in my "Junk" folder (along with Stocks, Weather, Game Center, etc.). I think a lot of it was just hype...I know lots of iPhone users but none of them use Passbook.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
#studentlife here. Poor. I avoid buying coffee because it can get costly (I make my own). I haven't used it once.

Heck, I make my own as well and I find Starbucks 'hot' coffee to be downright awful....;)....Having said that, I usually buy their sliced banana bread, lemon cake and frappucinos with the Passbook app. :D

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
Heck, I make my own as well and I find Starbucks 'hot' coffee to be downright awful....;)....Having said that, I usually buy their sliced banana bread, lemon cake and frappucinos with the Passbook app. :D

I only get tea there. Their chocolate chunk cookies are second to none.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I only get tea there. Their chocolate chunk cookies are second to none.

Now why did you have to mention the chocolate chunk cookies, Alli?...(laughing)...Now I'm going to have to try 'em....Darn you...;)

thatgirl87

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
I haven't used Passbook for anything. I tried entering in my Walgreens card, but it didn't work. If Pick N Save had Passbook coupons, that would be pretty sweet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

phreddyl

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site

I used to dislike their coffee but the vanilla blond roast is pretty good. And now I want a cookie...

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
I use it regularly at Starbucks. Saves so much time at the drive through! I don't even have to worry about unlocking the phone.

this is the ONLY time i use Passbook. of course as i am sitting in line i have more than enough time to grab my debit card sitting right under my car stereo and have ready for the cashier... go figure

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
forwardsmychoice