Delta app and Passbook

trmoney24

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
I finally got to use Passbook for my boarding pass through the Delta app recently. I thought I was going to have a slight different experience.

I thought once I got to the airport, or once it was close to my departure time, the boarding pass would automatically appear in my lock screen. That didn't happen on either leg of my trip on the way there or back. Am I missing something? I went to information on my passbook boarding pass and didn't see an option to display it in the lockscreen.
Under notifications, I have "View in Lock Screen" enabled for Passbook.

Also for my starbucks app, I don't see an option to notify me when I am close to a starbucks location. I removed it from my passbook and re-added it, hoping it would ask me if I want to be notified, but still nothing. Again I went to information within Passbook and didn't see an option to notify me or display in my lockscreen when I am close to one.

In my Privacy settings under locations, I have it enabled for Passbook, Fly Delta, and Starbucks.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Settings-Notifications.....Make sure that notifications are set for the desired apps.

In regard to the Starbucks app, tap on the "Stores" icon. Now ap on the location you prefer and then tap on the Star in the upper right corner to make it a favorite. Make sure location is enabled for Starbucks in your privacy settings.

trmoney24

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
Thanks JustME'D. I have all my notifications settings on for the 3 apps mentioned above. Still nothing about my boarding pass. It could be possible that Delta didn't set up their App that way. Mainly was curious to see if anyone else was able to get it to display in their lockscreen.

As for the Stores solution for Starbucks, is there a way for Passbook to notify me when I am close to ANY starbucks location, not just the ones I mark as favorite?
And yes Privary is enabled for all of those apps I mentioned above.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
You're very welcome. In regard to Starbucks, Passbook will not notify you unless the specific Starbucks location is saved as a favorite. At least that is my understanding. Personally, I don't use the location feature for that because I keep my Passbook app readily available on my second homescreen and it only takes a second or two to display it. I've never used the Delta Airlines app so I stay mum about it...:)