Prevent updating of an app?

RadicalxEdward

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Hi all,

I really don't like the look of the new podcasts app. I like the old one better. I actually had to delete it and transfer from my mac just to remove the update. Now I still want to be able to use buttons like "update all" but i can't get it to stop saying podcasts can be updated.

jclisenby

Feb 2, 2012
Visit site
Hi all,

I really don't like the look of the new podcasts app. I like the old one better. I actually had to delete it and transfer from my mac just to remove the update. Now I still want to be able to use buttons like "update all" but i can't get it to stop saying podcasts can be updated.

Nothing you can do. They are going to bug you about the update until you do it or delete it.

Tappin and Talkin from my iPhone 5

RadicalxEdward

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Damn. I really hope this isn't a taste of the Johny Ive leadership going forward (which it probably is) I actually like that the iphone sort of becomes a new device for every app. It can be a mixing board or an old camera or a classic calculator or a futuristic universal remote or whatever. Instead of everything looking like it's just a phone with flat colored boxes and buttons and that's it. I want game center to have a felt background. I want the podcast app to have a real to real look hidden away. I want my notes app to look like a notepad and on and on.

Rockdog97

Oct 14, 2011
Visit site
There used to be an app called UpdateHider (for jailbroke devices).. but it seems that it no longer works...hopefully the developer will get this resolved for iOS6

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Damn. I really hope this isn't a taste of the Johny Ive leadership going forward (which it probably is) I actually like that the iphone sort of becomes a new device for every app. It can be a mixing board or an old camera or a classic calculator or a futuristic universal remote or whatever. Instead of everything looking like it's just a phone with flat colored boxes and buttons and that's it. I want game center to have a felt background. I want the podcast app to have a real to real look hidden away. I want my notes app to look like a notepad and on and on.

Sounds to me like you might make a good Dev. Why not go to the Apple website developer portal and see what is involved and start developing the apps as you would like them within the confines of Apple. It might pay off from you and all of us.:D