iOS 6.1.3, is it safe to upgrade?

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
I'm not touching 6.1.3 because of my Jailbreak, and also because it didn't add anything worth upgrading to it.

....ok done....

i just finished putting a curse on your device so you will be forced to restore and since you can ONLY restore to the latest firmware, well you know

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
The very first thing I did with my iPhone 5 after I took it out of the box and made sure it was not scratched, scraped or dented was connect it to my MacBook to update the OS to iOS 6.1.3. I have no regrets and my device is performing as it should. Furthermore, my battery life is sufficient for my use. In other words, I can go from early morning to bedtime (midnight average) with moderate to heavy use on a single charge with battery life to spare just like I was able to with the 4S. Everything works and therefore, from my perspective, it is safe to upgrade.

Last edited:

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
My wife just lost all of her contacts. Hacked?

Was her contact associated with an email service like iCloud, Gmail, Yahoo, Outlook, etcetera? If so, all she should have to do is delete that particular mail account and then re-configure it and make sure to turn on contacts in the mail settings of that particular email service.

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site

Ironically, 6.1.3 is an update from 6.1.2 because .2 had a lock screen hack in it as did .1. Take your pick my friend, which version of the lock screen hack do you want? Here's the thing, all mobile phones run on software, it's all coding, and someone will always find a loophole. A hack. Some good some bad. I haven't read a single story of anyone's phone being hacked because of this flaw.

Blazin' tappity tap tap 2 you!

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Ironically, 6.1.3 is an update from 6.1.2 because .2 had a lock screen hack in it as did .1. Take your pick my friend, which version of the lock screen hack do you want? Here's the thing, all mobile phones run on software, it's all coding, and someone will always find a loophole. A hack. Some good some bad. I haven't read a single story of anyone's phone being hacked because of this flaw.

Blazin' tappity tap tap 2 you!

Furthermore, a person need to have physical access to my iPhone in order to use that hack and that's not gonna happen so I'm in no way, shape or form worried about.

Bee276

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
Hey can anybody help me with my iPhone? I recently updated to the 6.0 iOS and lost all my apps jailbreak contacts and photos. I know there isn't any way to get that back but ever since I updated it my facetime and imessage don't work, and only lets me work it through my apple ID and I don't want that, I'd like It to work from my phone number. Please help??

Bazza1

Mar 13, 2011
Visit site
No problems at this end with the recent upgrade - but I gotta say too, no noticeable improvements, either.

Now granted, this is a only a point upgrade (anyone else but Apple would call it a patch, not an update/upgrade), but the iOS is looking a little long in the tooth without any significant changes since v1 - including some built-in apps that simply don't cut it, especially if they want business market share - so one might hope for some improvements to more than security and whizzbangery with each step.

noaim

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
I waited a bit to upgrade. I always like to see the posts before doing it.. I finally did it and have no issues!

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk 2

abaggy

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
I did it on my 4S and had no problems. I did however wait a few days for others to shake it out a bit before I upgraded. :)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh