iOS 6.1.3 Released

Status
Not open for further replies.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
I have a question!! Maybe I should make another thread but... If I buy an ip5 now will it come preinstalled with 6.1.3?? Or would I have to download it. Because if I get an iPhone 5 I wanna be able to jailbreak

The only iPhone5 that would come with 6.1.3 installed would be the ones coming off the assembly line this week... and those won't likely make it into stores for a week or so... and then you'd have to buy at a store with a high inventory turnover. A phone you buy now would be very unlikely to have 6.1.3 on it...

Thanks. I plan on buying from a Verizon store.

Yeah... unlikely you'll see 6.1.3 preinstalled on a phone from a VZW store for at least 2 weeks or more

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
Errrrrm, yeah that can go away. 4% battery browsing Facebook and finishing the Iterate podcast, at 4% battery again mind you....poof, phone died. No 1-3% battery life for me, I'll let it die again tomorrow and see what happens then.

Blazin' tappity tap tap 2 you!

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I saw no change in battery use on my 4S after 6.1.3 - and my iPhone5 is comparable.

It's the same with me. My battery life has been similar or slightly better since I had my iPhone 4S and it is the same with my iPhone 5. To be honest, I would give the edge to the 5.

jclisenby

Feb 2, 2012
Visit site
My battery life has increased drastically since just after the update. I was only getting 7-8 hours before I was down to 10%. The last few days, it's gotten back up to acceptable levels. Here's today's usage, much better.

qynu6ygy.jpg

Tappin and Talkin from my iPhone 5

GlennRuss

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
Battery life seems the same, but my 4S is dropping Wifi like crazy. I did not update the iPad, and no WiFi problems. My MacBook Pro is flying on the same router. I updated the iPad to 6.1.3, and same thing, slow to connect, does not drop like the 4S, but took two minuets to load a page. I reset network settings on the iPad, and 4S, it corrected the iPad, fast again, but it seems I have to turn off cell data on the 4S to force Wifi only, and it is better but still will drop the connection. Seems like every update with iOS6 there is a WiFi issue. Some of these issues started with iOS5, and I wish Apple would fix this. You should not have to reset the device over, and over to make it work.

jonathan2677

Dec 22, 2012
Visit site
I have to agree my ipad 4th gen and mini have both been dropping wifi a lot and I have not noticed on my iPhone 5 because don't use wifi much but my iPads took a hit,I'm surprised that only one other person mentioned this

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I can't understand it. My iPad 2 works extremely well on Wi-Fi on both the 2.4GHz and 5GHz frequencies and the same goes for my iPhone 5. My trusty 4S worked well on Wi-Fi, as well, and all three devices were upgraded to iOS 6.1.3. Don't get me wrong, I'm not discounting anyone who is having Wi-Fi issues. I'm just trying to figure out / understand where the "specific" problem lies. That's all.

GCMS

Apr 22, 2013
Visit site
I just bought the iphone 5 came over from android gs2 and so far i'm loving the phone!!! within 3 hrs of owning the phone i get the update notification for 6.1.3 my question is IF i don't want to update to 6.1.3 is there any way to get rid of the notification on the settings app icon? Reason i don't want to update is because i dread having battery issues as that was constantly happening to me on android. I'm getting great battery life without update and want to keep it that way. Somewhere around this forum i saw a discusstion that was talking about battery issue from update being because update was being done OTA and should be done via iTunes how much weight does that hold?

Status
Not open for further replies.