Feb 2, 2012
Visit site
It's out.

4eretudy.jpg

Tappin and Talkin from my iPhone 5

LCW

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
odd - if I do software update, says i'm up to date with 6.1.1 (the beta)... so it would seem 6.1.1 beta is in fact the same as 6.1.2

John Yester

Moderator Team Leader
Ambassador
May 23, 2012
Visit site
Odd Update taking a bit longer for me......

Download was ok. But via iTunes it's taking a while to install.

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
a little bummed kch50428 did not start this thread. you're slippin' buddy!

doing a Restore as New with this one to see if there is indeed battery performance improvement

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site

doing a Restore as New with this one to see if there is indeed battery performance improvement

I had just checked for an update via my iPhone... wasn't there... less than 5 minutes later, I saw it on Twitter... and saw I didn't need to make a redundant post about it :)

ibbyj

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
I am installing it now.

I bought a Virgin Mobile 4S on my lunch today and it was still back on 5.1... Then as 6.1.1 was installing it looks like .2 was released.

I have yet to use my phone. Mehr.

jclisenby

Feb 2, 2012
Visit site

There's a new Sheriff in town! Lol.

Vicky Bro

Feb 19, 2013
Visit site
I updated to 6.1 a day ago and found the battery falling from 100% to 20% in less than 8 hours with little use. I hope its fixed in this version.

jclisenby

Feb 2, 2012
Visit site
I'm good stay jailbreaking what that app on Cydia To stop alerting me about updates ?

This update doesn't affect the jailbreak. Feel free to install the update and keep your JB. This only changes the way Microsoft Exchange is handled.

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
This update doesn't affect the jailbreak. Feel free to install the update and keep your JB. This only changes the way Microsoft Exchange is handled.

whoa hold on cowboy - evasi0n is currently not to jailbreak 6.1.2

and like always, you have to update/restore then re-jailbreak

my suggestion is to follow the necessary people on twitter or check iDownloadBlog frequently then make the move

jclisenby

Feb 2, 2012
Visit site
whoa hold on cowboy - evasi0n is currently not to jailbreak 6.1.2

and like always, you have to update/restore then re-jailbreak

my suggestion is to follow the necessary people on twitter or check iDownloadBlog frequently then make the move

All the info I've seen from official sources are saying that this update isn't affecting the Jailbreak. It was just a 12 MB patch to fix the Exchange issue.

I guess they could be wrong, but that's what I've been reading.

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
All the info I've seen from official sources are saying that this update isn't affecting the Jailbreak. It was just a 12 MB patch to fix the Exchange issue.

you are correct but they have to update evasi0n first which should be later today

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site

6.1.2 does not patch the vulnerability - one will still need the latest version of the jailbreak tool which is said to be released soon... once that's out, one can use a jailbreak-friendly back-up app to back-up their stuff... and an iTunes back-up... then update to 6.1.2 - run the new jailbreak tool... restore the iTunes back-up, then restore the jailbreak back-up.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711