Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 115
Like Tree28Likes
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    jclisenby's Avatar
    iMore Specialist

    Posts
    1,433 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,470 Global Posts

    Default iOS 6.1.2 Now Available

    It's out.




    Tappin and Talkin from my iPhone 5
    John Yester and Just_Me_D like this.
  2. #2  
    BLiNK's Avatar
    iMore Genius

    Posts
    8,303 Posts
    Global Posts
    8,650 Global Posts

    Default Re: iOS 6.1.2 Now Available

    downloading now bye bye JB
  3. #3  
    kch50428's Avatar
    iMore Genius

    Posts
    20,111 Posts
    Global Posts
    20,992 Global Posts

    Default Re: iOS 6.1.2 Now Available

    OTA it's not very big... will take longer to prep/install than it did to download...
  4. #4  
    LCW
    LCW is offline
    LCW's Avatar
    iMore Specialist

    Posts
    1,164 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,566 Global Posts

    Default Re: iOS 6.1.2 Now Available

    odd - if I do software update, says i'm up to date with 6.1.1 (the beta)... so it would seem 6.1.1 beta is in fact the same as 6.1.2
  5. #5  
    kch50428's Avatar
    iMore Genius

    Posts
    20,111 Posts
    Global Posts
    20,992 Global Posts

    Default Re: iOS 6.1.2 Now Available

    Quote Originally Posted by LCW View Post
    odd - if I do software update, says i'm up to date with 6.1.1 (the beta)... so it would seem 6.1.1 beta is in fact the same as 6.1.2
    Indeed... I had the 4S 6.1.1 - and got the dot2 update OTA fine.
  6. #6  

    Default iOS 6.1.2 Now Available

    I updated via iTunes and the update was quick and without problems.
  7. #7  

    Default Re: iOS 6.1.2 Now Available

    Odd Update taking a bit longer for me......


    Download was ok. But via iTunes it's taking a while to install.
  8. #8  
    BLiNK's Avatar
    iMore Genius

    Posts
    8,303 Posts
    Global Posts
    8,650 Global Posts

    Default Re: iOS 6.1.2 Now Available

    a little bummed kch50428 did not start this thread. you're slippin' buddy!

    doing a Restore as New with this one to see if there is indeed battery performance improvement
  9. #9  
    kch50428's Avatar
    iMore Genius

    Posts
    20,111 Posts
    Global Posts
    20,992 Global Posts

    Default Re: iOS 6.1.2 Now Available

    Quote Originally Posted by BLiNK View Post
    a little bummed kch50428 did not start this thread. you're slippin' buddy!

    doing a Restore as New with this one to see if there is indeed battery performance improvement
    I had just checked for an update via my iPhone... wasn't there... less than 5 minutes later, I saw it on Twitter... and saw I didn't need to make a redundant post about it
    BLiNK and Alli like this.
  10. #10  
    ibbyj's Avatar
    iMore Nanite

    Posts
    4 Posts
    Global Posts
    507 Global Posts

    Default Re: iOS 6.1.2 Now Available

    I am installing it now.

    I bought a Virgin Mobile 4S on my lunch today and it was still back on 5.1... Then as 6.1.1 was installing it looks like .2 was released.

    I have yet to use my phone. Mehr.
  11. Thread AuthorThread Author   #11  
    jclisenby's Avatar
    iMore Specialist

    Posts
    1,433 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,470 Global Posts

    Default iOS 6.1.2 Now Available

    Quote Originally Posted by BLiNK View Post
    a little bummed kch50428 did not start this thread. you're slippin' buddy!

    doing a Restore as New with this one to see if there is indeed battery performance improvement
    There's a new Sheriff in town! Lol.


    Tappin and Talkin from my iPhone 5
  12. #12  
    Vicky Bro's Avatar
    iPhone Nanite

    Posts
    3 Posts
    Global Posts
    5 Global Posts

    Default Re: iOS 6.1.2 Now Available

    I updated to 6.1 a day ago and found the battery falling from 100% to 20% in less than 8 hours with little use. I hope its fixed in this version.
  13. #13  
    Jrome.brooks's Avatar
    iMore Pro

    Posts
    705 Posts
    Global Posts
    902 Global Posts

    Default iOS 6.1.2 Now Available

    I'm good stay jailbreaking what that app on Cydia To stop alerting me about updates ?
  14. Thread AuthorThread Author   #14  
    jclisenby's Avatar
    iMore Specialist

    Posts
    1,433 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,470 Global Posts

    Default iOS 6.1.2 Now Available

    Quote Originally Posted by Jrome.brooks View Post
    I'm good stay jailbreaking what that app on Cydia To stop alerting me about updates ?
    This update doesn't affect the jailbreak. Feel free to install the update and keep your JB. This only changes the way Microsoft Exchange is handled.


    Tappin and Talkin from my iPhone 5
    Jrome.brooks likes this.
  15. #15  
    BLiNK's Avatar
    iMore Genius

    Posts
    8,303 Posts
    Global Posts
    8,650 Global Posts

    Default Re: iOS 6.1.2 Now Available

    Quote Originally Posted by jclisenby View Post
    This update doesn't affect the jailbreak. Feel free to install the update and keep your JB. This only changes the way Microsoft Exchange is handled.


    Tappin and Talkin from my iPhone 5
    whoa hold on cowboy - evasi0n is currently not to jailbreak 6.1.2

    and like always, you have to update/restore then re-jailbreak

    my suggestion is to follow the necessary people on twitter or check iDownloadBlog frequently then make the move
    kch50428 likes this.
  16. Thread AuthorThread Author   #16  
    jclisenby's Avatar
    iMore Specialist

    Posts
    1,433 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,470 Global Posts

    Default iOS 6.1.2 Now Available

    Quote Originally Posted by BLiNK View Post
    whoa hold on cowboy - evasi0n is currently not to jailbreak 6.1.2

    and like always, you have to update/restore then re-jailbreak

    my suggestion is to follow the necessary people on twitter or check iDownloadBlog frequently then make the move
    All the info I've seen from official sources are saying that this update isn't affecting the Jailbreak. It was just a 12 MB patch to fix the Exchange issue.

    I guess they could be wrong, but that's what I've been reading.


    Tappin and Talkin from my iPhone 5
  17. #17  
    BLiNK's Avatar
    iMore Genius

    Posts
    8,303 Posts
    Global Posts
    8,650 Global Posts

    Default Re: iOS 6.1.2 Now Available

    Quote Originally Posted by jclisenby View Post
    All the info I've seen from official sources are saying that this update isn't affecting the Jailbreak. It was just a 12 MB patch to fix the Exchange issue.

    I guess they could be wrong, but that's what I've been reading.


    Tappin and Talkin from my iPhone 5
    you are correct but they have to update evasi0n first which should be later today
  18. #18  
    kch50428's Avatar
    iMore Genius

    Posts
    20,111 Posts
    Global Posts
    20,992 Global Posts

    Default Re: iOS 6.1.2 Now Available

    Quote Originally Posted by jclisenby View Post
    All the info I've seen from official sources are saying that this update isn't affecting the Jailbreak. It was just a 12 MB patch to fix the Exchange issue.

    I guess they could be wrong, but that's what I've been reading.
    6.1.2 does not patch the vulnerability - one will still need the latest version of the jailbreak tool which is said to be released soon... once that's out, one can use a jailbreak-friendly back-up app to back-up their stuff... and an iTunes back-up... then update to 6.1.2 - run the new jailbreak tool... restore the iTunes back-up, then restore the jailbreak back-up.
  19. #19  
    BLiNK's Avatar
    iMore Genius

    Posts
    8,303 Posts
    Global Posts
    8,650 Global Posts

    Default Re: iOS 6.1.2 Now Available

    evasi0n 1.4 is out now. enough of hijacking this thread
    kch50428 and Jaguarr40 like this.
  20. #20  
    kch50428's Avatar
    iMore Genius

    Posts
    20,111 Posts
    Global Posts
    20,992 Global Posts

    Default Re: iOS 6.1.2 Now Available

    Please take jailbreak related discussion of iOS 6.1.2 HERE
    estroh likes this.
  21. #21  
    Jaguarr40's Avatar
    iMore Genius

    Posts
    14,268 Posts
    Global Posts
    18,414 Global Posts

    Default Re: iOS 6.1.2 Now Available

    Quote Originally Posted by JustMe'D View Post
    I updated via iTunes and the update was quick and without problems.
    I also just downloaded via iTunes...15 mins. No troubles at all even though I am not using an exchange email and just gmail normally on IMAP.
  22. #22  
    Jaguarr40's Avatar
    iMore Genius

    Posts
    14,268 Posts
    Global Posts
    18,414 Global Posts

    Default Re: iOS 6.1.2 Now Available

    Quote Originally Posted by kch50428 View Post
    Please take jailbreak related discussion of iOS 6.1.2 HERE
    Thank you for reminding everyone Keith...
  23. #23  
    Jaguarr40's Avatar
    iMore Genius

    Posts
    14,268 Posts
    Global Posts
    18,414 Global Posts

    Default Re: iOS 6.1.2 Now Available

    Quote Originally Posted by John Yester View Post
    Odd Update taking a bit longer for me......


    Download was ok. But via iTunes it's taking a while to install.
    Hey John.. Hope all is well. As I answered 'D just now through iTunes 15 mins and no troubles.
  24. #24  
    TurboTiger's Avatar
    iMore Elite

    Posts
    2,386 Posts
    Global Posts
    6,867 Global Posts

    Default Re: iOS 6.1.2 Now Available

    I updated OTA and it took about 15 mins on my iPhone and iPad.
    Good Luck
  25. #25  
    Jrome.brooks's Avatar
    iMore Pro

    Posts
    705 Posts
    Global Posts
    902 Global Posts

    Default iOS 6.1.2 Now Available

    Quote Originally Posted by kch50428 View Post
    6.1.2 does not patch the vulnerability - one will still need the latest version of the jailbreak tool which is said to be released soon... once that's out, one can use a jailbreak-friendly back-up app to back-up their stuff... and an iTunes back-up... then update to 6.1.2 - run the new jailbreak tool... restore the iTunes back-up, then restore the jailbreak back-up.
    What's a good jailbreak back system to download
    rockerchick likes this.
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. [New Release] Kalimah App for iOS now available worldwide
    By usman81 in forum iPhone Apps & Games
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-06-2012, 03:07 PM
  2. Automotive news & social network app now available for iOS & Android
    By Fast Car Zone in forum iPhone Apps & Games
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-05-2012, 12:55 PM
  3. iOS 5.0.1 is now available
    By George 4s in forum iOS 5
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 11-14-2011, 11:55 AM
  4. iOS 5.0.1 is now available
    By George 4s in forum iPhone 4S
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 11-10-2011, 11:09 PM
  5. congratulation! ios 4.3.3 jailbreak for iphone 3gs/4, iPod touch & ipad now available
    By iphonehelper in forum Jailbreaking, Unlocking, Hacks, Themes & Mods
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 05-05-2011, 03:49 PM

Posting Permissions