iOS 6.1.2 Now Available

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
my battery performance has been crap over the last 2-3 days

i might as well be jailbroken

Blink given what you know about iPhone and all of the other advice what would you do or try to resove this issuse? i am curious. I know that when I updated to 6.1.1 I could not beleive how bad battery life was but I reached out to Pink who gave me some good advice as well as what she mentioned above here to others.

I figured out it was just because i was playing with and shutting down things i did not need and especially when Ally K had mentioned that she shut off all notifications on her lock screen as I mentioned above, I did the same thing and have had much better battery life since then. Now it is about even and standard with the best I have ever had. Just thought I would let you know this.

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
LMAO !! noooooo...no professionals involved thank you :p But ya know, as smooth as the updates always go, I still get butterflies when doing them:rolleyes: don't ask....LOL !!

Now, I know your phone wasnt affected by this exchange thing, and frankly neither was mine....but as I mentioned, that "1" on the settings was driving me nutz:p LOL.

With the professionals I was just trying to do my part to get you over this fetish of yours with 1s on the badges and such...LOL :p I usually take a Xanax and now I feel much betterrrr!!!! LOL

;) indeed, I remember our convo on that as well. funny that you mention turning some things off in the noti center, because today, WHEN or IF I get a chance, I'm going to re-evaluate what I have in the noti center as well, and probably shut a few things off that arent absolutely necessary to have notifiy me immediately either:)

Exactly what I did Pink was go into the notification center and look at every app be it news or what ever and turned everything off from the lock screen except for the 4 I mentioned that are felt were important. Now I left on badges and even turned sounds off for many except the 4 if they have sounds. With the others I figured i could check my notification center during the day and I "Always" have at least a few ScoreCenter-ESPN notifications in my lock screen so that is when I look for other things that I don't need to read or see right away. That is how I did it and it helped my battery life alot. When I talk, text or use a few particular apps be it on WIFI or cellular 3G is when my battery gets used the most.

Hope the clears up my situation so you know what I did. Heck I have learned alot from you and I learn from everyone. Thank you again.;)

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
I just decided to upgrade today because, in all honesty, that friggin "1" badge on the settings icon was driving me batty even though i had it stashed away in a folder on my 2nd page LOL. The upgrade went fine, took about 20mins, which seems to be the norm. I'll keep an eye on my battery life and post back in a day or so according to my stats on what I would usually experience and compair it to what I'm getting on 6.1.2. But from what I can see so far, everything seems to be the same. :)

I hate you!!!!! I was just turning on my location services to set something up and check on my Find My iPhone App to make sure I could find out through iCloud and now it put a 1 on my settings icon for 6.1.2 and I did not want to upgrade. now i am goingto be like you and it is going to drive me crazy unless I do upgrade. Did I say I hate you!!! :p

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
I hate you!!!!! I was just turning on my location services to set something up and check on my Find My iPhone App to make sure I could find out through iCloud and now it put a 1 on my settings icon for 6.1.2 and I did not want to upgrade. now i am goingto be like you and it is going to drive me crazy unless I do upgrade. Did I say I hate you!!! :p

:p ahhhhhhh booo hooo :p LOL. First off I'm surprised it took that long to show up on your phone- mine showed up the very next day after release. And secondly, fine :p I hate you too !!

Now......go put on your big boy undies, suck it up and upgrade :D hee hee.

Pink-a-licious 4S doin' the TapAtalk!!

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
guys, i shouldn't have to start micromanaging a stock firmware to get decent battery life. it should be satisfactory right after the download or a battery cycle. AND i refuse to start turning options OFF just to get it to where it should've been originally

hell, with that analogy how much battery would i preserve if i just shut the damn thing completely off?? BS

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
guys, i shouldn't have to start micromanaging a stock firmware to get decent battery life. it should be satisfactory right after the download or a battery cycle. AND i refuse to start turning options OFF just to get it to where it should've been originally

hell, with that analogy how much battery would i preserve if i just shut the damn thing completely off?? BS

While I was making a comment on what I did for myself... I without a doubt agree with you and if not for the idea of just turning off lock screen notifications I DO agree with you Blink so please don't think I disagree with you as just the opposite.

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
:p ahhhhhhh booo hooo :p LOL. First off I'm surprised it took that long to show up on your phone- mine showed up the very next day after release. And secondly, fine :p I hate you too !!

:cool: Ok Ms. Smarty pants I just upgraded and everything went fine, Just had to turn up my backlight a bit but that happened during the last update as well so there.

I pulled up the big boy undies and did it. I hardly ever get the OTA notification and I think I only got it because i was messing with location services although I don't know what that would do with it.
I hope you are satisfied....:p

epicness4G

Dec 9, 2012
Visit site
I'm still having issues with my exchange account........ Didn't fix anything waste of my time update. Anyone know if gmail through exchange has a device limit? Because that's the only reason I can think of at the moment...

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site

I understand what you're saying, and i agree. Also, I don't agree with "dumbing down" the phone either by starting to turn off all or just about every notification if you need/use/rely on them of course. I actually have a couple that I never used, and took them out of the noti center.

and hey.....on the other hand, if you shut your device off completely, you'll definately preserve plenty of battery life:p

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
also, here's where I ended up last night right before plugging in to charge. If I had to estimate I'd say 15% of that usage was 3G and the rest wifi, so winding up with 8hrs of usage could have been achieved if I didn't charge up at that point.
View attachment 27537

Laelipoo

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
Can I do a reset all settings on my jailbroken 4s?

No no no no no no no no no

Also no. :)

Never even try, horrible things happen. Just restore in iTunes.

iPhone 5 ✲ iPad Mini GSM ✲ Macbook Pro running Lion 10.8.2 ✲ Xbox 360 ✲ Nintendo 3DS ✲ PS3

Beamed from a galaxy far, far away using Tapatalk!

Jrome.brooks

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
No no no no no no no no no

Also no. :)

Never even try, horrible things happen. Just restore in iTunes.

Alright restore as new or just restore

iPhone 5 ✲ iPad Mini GSM ✲ Macbook Pro running Lion 10.8.2 ✲ Xbox 360 ✲ Nintendo 3DS ✲ PS3

Beamed from a galaxy far, far away using Tapatalk!

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site

##UPDATE## I just thought I would let you know what I did Pink. I took everything I DO NOT use out of my notification center and everything I DO use on a regular everyday basis I left in and turned them all on but not all still on lock screen so just to go along with Blink who I AGREE with his statement of not turning everything off, at least i am still getting what I want but W/O the backlight coming on every time there is a news update from one of my apps or a score from ESPN. It has been since last night that I told you I upgraded and my battery life is fine and is about as normal as it was before.

I think the only difference is that you spend more time on WIFI than I do as i spend more time on 3G until I get home, then WIFI until the phone goes off when I go to bed. I DO notice though like today at work during lunch I was at 100% and for a half hour while still on lunch break I went on WIFI and read all my news apps and went down almost 7-8% and not as much at home because I am close to my router as opposed to where I am at work and where the router is located so I look at it as it has a longer reach to the router at work.

That is my take anyway right or wrong but the new update is doing fine for me. just wanted to let you know. Also went out today and bought a larger pair of boxers for the newest update when it comes out...LOL :p

jphillips1963

Jun 28, 2012
Visit site
There's only one real solution for you guys and gals. Simple RAZR Maxx HD very heavy use I get 10-12 hrs moderate to light use 3 days before I charge

sent from my Droid RAZR MAXX HD using Tapatalk 2

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1361931144537.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1361931144537.jpg
    26.5 KB · Views: 30

jphillips1963

Jun 28, 2012
Visit site
Proof of 3 days with light to moderate use and still 20% left.

sent from my Droid RAZR MAXX HD using Tapatalk 2

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1361931302553.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1361931302553.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 70

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711