iOS 6.1.2 Now Available

ame

Trusted Member
Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
I can't get my Gmail to work in the exchange set up through Mail anymore at all. I did the 6.1.2 update and now it can no longer connect to server.

Jake90087

Jul 27, 2012
Visit site
I feel the same way about the badge on the icon and might update tonight. Any word on how battery life is?

It's okay. iOS6 has lowered battery significantly for me in lower usage scenarios. However look out and if you're jailbroken, SHSH blobs. Make sure to back them up then you can revert.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I can't really tell, but I do know that my battery life has not diminished since the upgrade.

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
It's okay. iOS6 has lowered battery significantly for me in lower usage scenarios. However look out and if you're jailbroken, SHSH blobs. Make sure to back them up then you can revert.

you do not have to be jailbroken to save SHSH blobs

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone had 6.1.2 improve their battery life over 6.1??
I just decided to upgrade today because, in all honesty, that friggin "1" badge on the settings icon was driving me batty even though i had it stashed away in a folder on my 2nd page LOL. The upgrade went fine, took about 20mins, which seems to be the norm. I'll keep an eye on my battery life and post back in a day or so according to my stats on what I would usually experience and compair it to what I'm getting on 6.1.2. But from what I can see so far, everything seems to be the same. :)

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
My bAtterylife looks worst from 6.1.1 apple is screwing up I should have kept 6.1.1 I'm losing batterylife every 3 min

My batt life is def worse since the upgrade. Down to 70% with minimum use since this morning.
A couple of suggestions for you guys: reset all settings & reset network settings. If that doesn't help, then I would say to restore as new. Make sure you do a backup before restoring as new, either icloud or USB through iTunes, or both.

Also, make sure your Bluetooth option isn't set to ON, if you dont use it. Turn off "location based iAds" and "setting time zone". Both of those can be found under settings/privacy/location services/system services. In addition to those, turn off your location for anything that isn't absolutely necessary to zone in on you as well.

As of now, since upgrading my battery life is right on par according to my previous stats. I'm at 93% with 1hr usage and 3hrs 37mins standby.

Les74

May 30, 2011
Visit site
A couple of suggestions for you guys: reset all settings & reset network settings. If that doesn't help, then I would say to restore as new. Make sure you do a backup before restoring as new, either icloud or USB through iTunes, or both.

Also, make sure your Bluetooth option isn't set to ON, if you dont use it. Turn off "location based iAds" and "setting time zone". Both of those can be found under settings/privacy/location services/system services. In addition to those, turn off your location for anything that isn't absolutely necessary to zone in on you as well.

As of now, since upgrading my battery life is right on par according to my previous stats. I'm at 93% with 1hr usage and 3hrs 37mins standby.

Thanks,Pink. I ended up resetting and turned off the iAds and time zone settings. Fingers crossed because batt life is awful now!

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
so after doing the update & charging up to full, here's where I'm at battery wise. According to my previous stats on the other 2 iOS's it appears that my battery life on 6.1.2 is a tad bit improved. Previously by time I had an average of 4-41/2hrs of usage I'd be hovering around the 55-ish % mark, but overall getting up to 8hrs usage by time I was nearing the 5-10% mark. So, now I'll see how far of usage i get when I reach the 10% mark on 6.1.2 now.
Either way, I'm happy with battery life:)
View attachment 27472

Pink-a-licious 4S doin' the TapAtalk!!

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
I just decided to upgrade today because, in all honesty, that friggin "1" badge on the settings icon was driving me batty even though i had it stashed away in a folder on my 2nd page LOL. The upgrade went fine, took about 20mins, which seems to be the norm. I'll keep an eye on my battery life and post back in a day or so according to my stats on what I would usually experience and compair it to what I'm getting on 6.1.2. But from what I can see so far, everything seems to be the same. :)

Given what you and I have spoken to before about various issues with you and updates...:D Have you thought about seeing a Professional about this problem? LOL ;)

I did do 6.1.1 like you asked me and have not done 6.1.2 and don't have any plans to because the issue it resolved does not effect my phone. That is my story and i am sticking to it.

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site

I was going to use these suggestions you gave me a while back Pink as well but things have smoothed out only because when I first upgraded I played alot for 2 days with different things and now that I have everything set as I want my battery life is fine.

I also took a tip from Ally K actually and turned off "Everything" notifying me on my lock screen except phone, messages and email and of course out of respect to JustMe'D I had to keep ScoreCenter on too...LOL

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
Given what you and I have spoken to before about various issues with you and updates...:D Have you thought about seeing a Professional about this problem? LOL ;)

I did do 6.1.1 like you asked me and have not done 6.1.2 and don't have any plans to because the issue it resolved does not effect my phone. That is my story and i am sticking to it.
LMAO !! noooooo...no professionals involved thank you :p But ya know, as smooth as the updates always go, I still get butterflies when doing them:rolleyes: don't ask....LOL !!

Now, I know your phone wasnt affected by this exchange thing, and frankly neither was mine....but as I mentioned, that "1" on the settings was driving me nutz:p LOL.

I was going to use these suggestions you gave me a while back Pink as well but things have smoothed out only because when I first upgraded I played alot for 2 days with different things and now that I have everything set as I want my battery life is fine.

I also took a tip from Ally K actually and turned off "Everything" notifying me on my lock screen except phone, messages and email and of course out of respect to JustMe'D I had to keep ScoreCenter on too...LOL
;) indeed, I remember our convo on that as well. funny that you mention turning some things off in the noti center, because today, WHEN or IF I get a chance, I'm going to re-evaluate what I have in the noti center as well, and probably shut a few things off that arent absolutely necessary to have notifiy me immediately either:)

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711