iOS 6.1.2 Now Available

DebbieGoose

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
If you've made certain that your mute switch isn't enabled, checked your volume level and made sure the sound settings are to your liking then I recommend you "restore as new" via iTunes.

For some reason my Bluetooth was turned on, I do not use Bluetooth. It must have happened when I updated. I turned it off and now my sounds are back!! Thanks for all your help and suggestions.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
For some reason my Bluetooth was turned on, I do not use Bluetooth. It must have happened when I updated. I turned it off and now my sounds are back!! Thanks for all your help and suggestions.

I'm glad you figured it out, Debbie...:)...Take care and have a great night.

Jake90087

Jul 27, 2012
Visit site
Updated last night, nothing new but I wanted to get rid of the badge on the Settings icon. Hopefully battery has been more improved than just the Exchange bug.

LCW

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
its because your on beta. You cant update from beta to official. You must restore to update.

This is false. You don't need to restore. You just need to download the full 6.1.2 file from apple's website. Then hook your iphone 5 to iTunes, and then press/hold the OPTION key when clicking on "Check for Updates". It will then bring you to the finder where you can pick the .ipsw file that was downloaded. then it will install 6.1.2. No restore needed. It only takes a few minutes to update actually. The longest part is downloading the 900+ MB file.

I updated from 6.1.1 beta to 6.1.2 this way. No issues. No restoring.

But OTA does NOT work, that is correct.

PS - Option + "Check for Update" is on a Mac... on Win machine, it's Shift + "Check for Update"

robertrayjohnson

Jan 25, 2013
Visit site
umm have you tried double clicking the home button while in lockscreen?

works for me flawlessly
yeah i did that and still nothing. all i get is the info. I even reload the software in an effort to troubleshoot but got the same result.

Update i attempted another restore. its working now. mini crisis averted! lol

Last edited:

pr1nce

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
Updated last night, nothing new but I wanted to get rid of the badge on the Settings icon. Hopefully battery has been more improved than just the Exchange bug.

I feel the same way about the badge on the icon and might update tonight. Any word on how battery life is?

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
I feel the same way about the badge on the icon and might update tonight. Any word on how battery life is?

I'm not thrilled seeing that "1" badge either on the icon but I keep my settings icon in a 'productive' labeled folder on page 2 so I really don't ever see it.

As for updating, I was going to today but then I saw reports in blogs that 6.1.3 b2 was released for testing today so I figured I'd wait it out instead of updating today, and then if another updated gets pushed out next week, needing to do it again. I think I can hold my patience for .3 to be released, which addresses the bypass user screen lock.

Pink-a-licious 4S doin' the TapAtalk!!

Jrome.brooks

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
Just updated couldn't get in my Live account !! And I don't remember my security questions or Nothing besides that no difference I just got tired re-download everything

epicness4G

Dec 9, 2012
Visit site
Thank God!!
I hated using my Gmail app lol I just don't like the aesthetics of it on my iPhone 5
And since 6.1.1 I couldn't get my Gmail connected through exchange. Now it works, thanks apple for the quick fix!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711