iOS 6.1.2 Now Available

Jrome.brooks

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
6.1.2 does not patch the vulnerability - one will still need the latest version of the jailbreak tool which is said to be released soon... once that's out, one can use a jailbreak-friendly back-up app to back-up their stuff... and an iTunes back-up... then update to 6.1.2 - run the new jailbreak tool... restore the iTunes back-up, then restore the jailbreak back-up.

What's a good jailbreak back system to download

Jrome.brooks

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
It's under your discretion on whether you want to or not. If you don't need the patch for the exchange email, and your phone is running fine - then no, you don't have to update.

Ill wait for the comments to flourish if the new update is good or not

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
If you use the Gmail as Exchange do you think its worth doing?

My iPhone 4S is not jailbroken and is running iOS 6.1.2. Furthermore, I had no problem configuring my Gmail account via the Exchange setup and yes to your question.

Last edited:

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
If you use the Gmail as Exchange do you think its worth doing?
If you rely on Google to sync calendars via exchange - yes, since calendar sync with exchange servers issues are one of the things the update addresses.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Thank you, but I tried that earlier and still no sounds.

If you've made certain that your mute switch isn't enabled, checked your volume level and made sure the sound settings are to your liking then I recommend you "restore as new" via iTunes.

TurboTiger

Nov 27, 2003
Visit site
If you've made certain that your mute switch isn't enabled, checked your volume level and made sure the sound settings are to your liking then I recommend you "restore as new" via iTunes.
Every time I turn off my phone, reset or update, it mutes the speaker.
Also my iPad is always muted & when I do any of the above, it turns on my speaker.
Good Luck