My music's gone :(

patricksmangan

Nov 26, 2010
Visit site
I was at 5.0.1 on my 4s, backed up to iCloud, backed up to iTunes, upgraded to iOS 6.1.1, restored from iCloud, & my music is gone :( restored from iTunes & it still isn't there. Tried to put some of my music back in using iTunes but couldn't figure out how to make it work correctly cause iTunes sucks, then tweeted about it. It was ripped music, no iTunes Match, but I didn't know an update would wipe it out. All other apps still have their data, even my podcasts. :/ did I do it wrong?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
If your songs are still on your computer, fire up the iTunes app, connect your device, go over to the Music tab in iTunes, select your music and then select to sync your selected music to iTunes. Forgive me for the condensed version, but I'm on my way out the door.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Anything that was synched via iTunes can be re-synched. Music loaded on your iPhone by means other than iTunes does not get backed up. You'll need to put that back on your phone the same way you did in the first place.

patricksmangan

Nov 26, 2010
Visit site
Yah I've been trying to all last night but it wasn't working for some reason... I'll try it again later, wish I could just drop it into the file system like on my old palm pre.

Rockdog97

Oct 14, 2011
Visit site
I hate the latest version (11.x) of iTunes for putting music onto the phone. I was much simpler with the 10.x version of iTunes.

Rockdog97

Oct 14, 2011
Visit site
Yah I've been trying to all last night but it wasn't working for some reason... I'll try it again later, wish I could just drop it into the file system like on my old palm pre.

I've read somewhere that people do this using something like iFunBox, but when I use that program and look at the directory structure, the names of all the music under the iTunes folders are weird (not names, but numbers...)

I wanted to drag/drop some tunes that I saved using Pandora Downloader (after converting them from .acc to .m4a) but found no easy way to do that.

Finally figured it out in iTunes..

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods