iOS 6.1.1 released for iPhone4S

Rockdog97

Oct 14, 2011
Visit site
since i just updated/JB to iOS6.1 i'm good until the next major update/JB comes out.

I'm not even thinking of this update since I'll loose my JB...

But for all those non-Jailbroke users.. have at it.... :)

(or will this not affect the current evasiOn jailbreak since it's till an iOS 6.x version?)

Blackfeet

Jan 13, 2012
Visit site
Just tweet'd a short while ago...

BestCydiaTweaks @BestCydiaTweaks

Apple released iOS 6.1.1. Don`t upgrade if you want to keep your #jailbreak

Blackfeet

Jan 13, 2012
Visit site
And this, about 5 min ago:
planetbeing ‏@planetbeing

Apple released 6.1.1 for the 4S only today. The JB still works fine. We will release an updated evasi0n that recognizes it as supported.

ame

Trusted Member
Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
I am going to do it, probably through iTunes, and see if that helps. I have restored as new twice now and still having a ton of drama.

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
I will probably update later this evening or sometime tomorrow. As always, I appreciate the heads-up, Keith.

I just saw this update come available today as well, and I'm thinking about upgrading myself. Although, I'm not sure if I will. I may just pass on this one being everything is running fine on my 4S currently:)

ame

Trusted Member
Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
like what??

I still constantly lose my signal. Still. If you recall, for the last year plus, I've lost signal constantly and I've had like 19 iPhone4S's. Neither Apple nor ATT has any answers, STILL. Neither wants me to get an upgrade or switch to any kind of other phone.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
I still constantly lose my signal. Still. If you recall, for the last year plus, I've lost signal constantly and I've had like 19 iPhone4S's. Neither Apple nor ATT has any answers, STILL. Neither wants me to get an upgrade or switch to any kind of other phone.

19? After about 10 I would have asked for another phone I am surprised they didn't give you another phone to save the hassle of them constantly replacing the iphone. Then again it could be at&t and their poor network causing problems.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I just saw this update come available today as well, and I'm thinking about upgrading myself. Although, I'm not sure if I will. I may just pass on this one being everything is running fine on my 4S currently:)

I'm really not in a rush to update to iOS 6.1.1, especially after having restored my 4S as new last night....:)....Furthermore, I'm not having or have ever had battery-related problems with my iPhone since I purchased it in Oct. 2011. I've noticed that with each update, there are reports of battery problems, then Apple releases an update that allegedly addresses those problems. To be honest, I feel that this update is only to diminish the negative publicity they've been receiving as of late and yes, I do believe the negative publicity is "deliberate". If the so-called battery problems haven't been fixed by now, I doubt they ever will. Of course, I'm just stating my personal & fact-less opinion.

Last edited:

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site

I have already made up my mind that I am not going to upgrade to 6.1.1 because it only addresses cellular data and I am not having any trouble at all with 6.1 and my battery issue I spoke to you about Pink has worked itself out. Getting great battery life. Thank you for your help and advice you gave me. :D

Last edited:

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
I'm really not in a rush to update to iOS 6.1.1, especially after having restore my 4S as new last night....:)....Furthermore, I'm not having or have ever had battery related problems with my iPhone since I purchased it in Oct. 2011. I've noticed that with each update, there are reports of battery problems then Apple releases an update that allegedly addresses those problems. To be honest, I feel that this update is only to diminish the negative publicity they've been receiving as of late and yes, I do believe the negative publicity is "deliberate". If the so-called battery problems haven't been fixed by now, I doubt they ever will. Of course, I'm just stating my personal & fact-less opinion.

Well I liked the whole thread especially the fact-less opinion....:p

PS I upgraded to 6.1 normally through iTunes w/o restoring as new and everything could not be better. Never had to tweek anything except the screen brightness that went down a bit and I just turned it up a bit. I did not have to touch anything else. Smooth as silk.. ;)

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Well I liked the whole thread especially the fact-less opinion....:p

PS I upgraded to 6.1 normally through iTunes w/o restoring as new and everything could not be better. Never had to tweek anything except the screen brightness that went down a bit and I just turned it up a bit. I did not have to touch anything else. Smooth as silk.. ;)

You should know by now that I speak my mind and that I try to do it respectfully...:)...as for updating iOS, the process has always been smooth in my experience as well. If or when I do update to iOS 6.1.1, I doubt that I'll restore as new even though that is my normal routine.

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
You should know by now that I speak my mind and that I try to do it respectfully...:)...as for updating iOS, the process has always been smooth in my experience as well. If or when I do update to iOS 6.1.1, I doubt that I'll restore as new even though that is my normal routine.

Yes 'D I do know by now you speak your mind and I have also told you that is the reason among many that I respect those opinions as well as you as you as an individual. We have no problem understanding each other there.

I have never yet upgraded any OS as new just a normal upgrade USB through iTunes and have yet to have any issues except for the one I mentioned and to me that is meaningless.

Anyway thank you for your comments and support the same as what i get from Pink and it is all much appreciated.

I will catch you on Twitter as I have enjoyed much of what I have learned even from you there. ;)

Honestly and being your own person goes a very long way with me my good friend.

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
@D, I'm not having any issues either(battery etc), nor have I ever since having my device just a month after you-Nov 2011. The only little inkling I had was the other night when I went to use one of my auto text shortcuts it wouldn't spell out what it should have. A simple power cycle of turning my device off/on corrected this for me. I also know you speak your mind here regardless of whether someone will or will not agree with you, and I respect you for that:) as for this update, I tend agree with your reasoning on it a bit. It just really seems Apple has been more under the microscope lately than the "norm". This update is to "correct" any connectivity issues (3G) which thankfully, I've never had to encounter. Enjoy the rest of your evening:)

@Jags - like you, I will probably hold off on this update as well. I'm sure you've been reading about the issues in Europe with 3G connectivity problems, where as thankfully my 4S has been running nicely. As for you battery issue you briefly encountered, I'm glad to hear all is well in JagVille😃👍 and your very welcome for the help I've given you !! I'm always glad to help when I can😊

Pink-a-licious 4S doin' the TapAtalk!!

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
@D, I'm not having any issues either(battery etc), nor have I ever since having my device just a month after you-Nov 2011. The only little inkling I had was the other night when I went to use one of my auto text shortcuts it wouldn't spell out what it should have. A simple power cycle of turning my device off/on corrected this for me. I also know you speak your mind here regardless of whether someone will or will not agree with you, and I respect you for that:) as for this update, I tend agree with your reasoning on it a bit. It just really seems Apple has been more under the microscope lately than the "norm". This update is to "correct" any connectivity issues (3G) which thankfully, I've never had to encounter. Enjoy the rest of your evening:)

@Jags - like you, I will probably hold off on this update as well. I'm sure you've been reading about the issues in Europe with 3G connectivity problems, where as thankfully my 4S has been running nicely. As for you battery issue you briefly encountered, I'm glad to hear all is well in JagVille���� and your very welcome for the help I've given you !! I'm always glad to help when I can��

Pink-a-licious 4S doin' the TapAtalk!!

This is the exact reason why I own an OS device like the iPhone and am a member of this forum and among many members here 2 of my rock solid favs like you and 'D who are always instrumental in taking time to advice me has never been wrong. Neither one of you have ever given me bad advice and have taken the time to explain how and why and that is what counts in my book. ;) Once again thank you both for the friendship and I look forward as always in seeing you both on here. Have a great night Pink and Yes also since I bought my 4S a month after you a year ago it has been flawless with no issues.

Bless you both for the friendship! :D

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2