Safari and Directions (Glitch ?)

fmflex

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
Ever since the update, whenever I search for directions to a place in safari, it takes me to google maps (in browser) instead of the build in navigation app. Why? Can that be fixed?

Thanks

TurboTiger

Nov 27, 2003
Visit site
On a related topic, I used Siri to find the nearest Office Depot today & the directions using Apple's Map were perfect. Only issue I had was the audio didn't come through my car's BT.

Good Luck

telim

Feb 8, 2013
Visit site
Reviving a slightly old thread but clicking on the "direction" button in Google does indeed take me to the in-browser map instead of Google's external map or Apple's Map. There's also a link that says "Always open in the Google Map app" which doesn't seem to work at all. On 6.1.2.

fmflex

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
I have been looking for a solution and I can't find anything! It seems like no one even noticed this but us. ??? Anyone else? Anyone? Bueller, Bueller, Bueller lol

telim

Feb 8, 2013
Visit site
I have been looking for a solution and I can't find anything! It seems like no one even noticed this but us. ??? Anyone else? Anyone? Bueller, Bueller, Bueller lol

I actually went to an Apple Store today and turns out that all the demo phones there 4, 4S, 5 also have the same problem not pulling up the native Maps app from Safari. Also, Hashbang Production (guys who developed MapsOpener) mentioned this problem to be on Google's end. You've tried on 6.1.1 and 6.1.2?

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods