Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    jclisenby's Avatar
    iMore Specialist

    Posts
    1,373 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,470 Global Posts

    Default App Store "Request Timed Out" Issue

    The past 2 days I've been getting App Store notifications that updates are available but they won't load. I open the updates tab and get a "request timed out" error. It's happening on my iPhone 5, my iPad, and my wife's iPhone 4S.

    We are all stock and updated to 6.1. I'm wondering if anyone else is experiencing this issue and if anyone knows the cause or fix.
  2. #2  
    kch50428's Avatar
    iMore Genius

    Posts
    20,400 Posts
    Global Posts
    21,281 Global Posts

    Default Re: App Store "Request Timed Out" Issue

    Depending on the app... it could be a popular one, and lots of people are trying at the same time you are, and the load balancing is maxed out... it happens. Try via iTunes... or on the device later.
  3. Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  
    jclisenby's Avatar
    iMore Specialist

    Posts
    1,373 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,470 Global Posts

    Default App Store "Request Timed Out" Issue

    Quote Originally Posted by kch50428 View Post
    Depending on the app... it could be a popular one, and lots of people are trying at the same time you are, and the load balancing is maxed out... it happens. Try via iTunes... or on the device later.
    Thanks. It probably is popular apps or something. I'm sure it'll fix itself eventually.
  4. #4  

    Default App Store "Request Timed Out" Issue

    I have been having the same issue. I just close out app store and try again a little while later.
  5. #5  
    ThePinkChameleon's Avatar
    iMore Genius

    Posts
    4,022 Posts
    Global Posts
    9,767 Global Posts

    Default Re: App Store "Request Timed Out" Issue

    Well I had a different issue yesterday afternoon -i had 3 app updates on my iPad (1st gen). When i tapped into the update screen, it wouldnt load and stayed a blank white page. So something is going on. I finally was able to get into the updates this morning and have them load, all with no problem.
  6. #6  

    Default App Store "Request Timed Out" Issue

    Quote Originally Posted by Pink View Post
    Well I had a different issue yesterday afternoon -i had 3 app updates on my iPad (1st gen). When i tapped into the update screen, it wouldnt load and stayed a blank white page. So something is going on. I finally was able to get into the updates this morning and have them load, all with no problem.
    Same thing on my iPhone yesterday. I figured it was just server traffic.
  7. Thread AuthorThread Author   #7  
    jclisenby's Avatar
    iMore Specialist

    Posts
    1,373 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,470 Global Posts

    Default App Store "Request Timed Out" Issue

    I'm wondering if it is just an Apple issue or of its something to do with all the jailbreaking. Apple is definitely looking into it and I'm sure they will correct the issue shortly.
  8. #8  

    Default App Store "Request Timed Out" Issue

    Quote Originally Posted by jclisenby View Post
    I'm wondering if it is just an Apple issue or of its something to do with all the jailbreaking. Apple is definitely looking into it and I'm sure they will correct the issue shortly.
    Not sure. I am not jailbroken.
  9. Thread AuthorThread Author   #9  
    jclisenby's Avatar
    iMore Specialist

    Posts
    1,373 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,470 Global Posts

    Default App Store "Request Timed Out" Issue

    Quote Originally Posted by phreddyl View Post
    Not sure. I am not jailbroken.
    If it has anything to do with jailbreaking it would be some kind of server issues. As more people jailbreak, the servers get slammed with more requests. It would affect us all, whether jailbroken or not.

    This may not even be the issue, but its a possibility.

Similar Threads

  1. Strange App Store issue
    By reidme in forum Original iPad
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-22-2010, 12:16 PM
  2. App store issue? Apps not updating....
    By jazzandmetal? in forum iPhone 4
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11-26-2009, 06:20 AM
  3. iPranks - 3 unique pranks, out on App Store now!!
    By astroapestudios in forum iPhone Apps & Games
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-18-2009, 08:57 AM
  4. App Store Issue
    By tysyd2010@me.com in forum iPhone 4
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-20-2009, 10:41 AM
  5. issue with 2.2.1 update and app store
    By ryanlberg in forum iPhone 4
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 02-04-2009, 09:09 AM

Posting Permissions