'Slide to unlock' launches apps when there's an alert

One Violet

Feb 2, 2013
Visit site
When I get an alert(s) in lock screen then slide to unlock, the app automatically launches.

How do I stop the app from automatically launching? This used to happen in IOS 5 but I disabled it (without a jailbreak), but I don't remember how.

This can be troublesome when you get a Whatsapp message alert and it launches the app when you don't want to be seen as online.

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
I think that time is limited as to when the app launches

you can either wait for the device to go to sleep or manually put it to sleep. then carry on

WreakingHavoc

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
When the phone wakes up from an alert just hit the sleep button to shut off the screen the next time you turn it on it will not automatically launch the app you'll have a choice to launch it or not.

One Violet

Feb 2, 2013
Visit site
I think that time is limited as to when the app launches

you can either wait for the device to go to sleep or manually put it to sleep. then carry on

When the phone wakes up from an alert just hit the sleep button to shut off the screen the next time you turn it on it will not automatically launch the app you'll have a choice to launch it or not.

You were right. Turning off the screen or waiting for it to turn off then turning it on worked. Thanks. :D

TurboTiger

Nov 27, 2003
Visit site
Since you can swipe the alert to the right to launch it, I find it annoying to have to wait or put my iPhone to sleep before I can carry on with other things.
But I really like the swip the alert to the right feature
Just my 2 cents.

Good Luck