iOS 6 Syncing Issue (and related (?) Ringtone

Epitome

Feb 1, 2013
Visit site
iPhone 4, 11.0.1.12, iOS 6.0.1, Win XP 2

itunes.jpg

Have let this go for as long as 72 hours (am a bit stubborn) waiting for it to Copy :mad: and it does not change. Not sure where it is hanging, but it is.

settings.jpg

Best I can tell everything is Syncing, Except for Purchased Ringtone from the iStore.

purchased.jpg

Show in iTunes list from phone, but not on the actual list when I select tone in Settings, Sounds OR Contacts, Edit Ringtone on phone.

tones.jpg

Quite a few 'irritable' little things since the 'upgrades' last week, but I really did not Need all the contents of my Inbox, Drafts, Sent or Trash that suddenly disappeared; and the Icons that go on vacation until I Reset, and my Contacts only being available from within Phone - but hey, every time I write Apple or the Store I get a friendly response that tells me that they want to help, but
I'm sorry but I was unable to determine the nature of your inquiry based on the information you have provided.
no matter how Verbose I might get!

Think I should not have told them I sold all my Apple stock about 3 weeks ago :cool:

Anyone else experiencing these issues?

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
I take it you have set to sync your tones in the appropriate tab?

Maybe you need to restore as new and start installing things over. Could be a data/app corruption somewhere from an old restore?

Epitome

Feb 1, 2013
Visit site
You may be correct, but I am starting to think it is an identity crisis thing!

At this point I have two Major (to me) questions.

1) Where is the "main" Apple ID on this loop - iTunes or the iPhone?

and

2) Where do you change it?

Without asking the same redundant question that I have not yet understood the answer to (I need to get an iPhone for Dummies book), can I not change my ID in ONE central location and it will be updated everywhere?

My ISP has changed - therefore my email address - and Apple and iTunes and Store and the Dept. of Defense and everything else seem to not want me to be able to make a simple change as to the email address and be done with it. If I delete (assuming I can) an identity, do I have to start over with everything? The same question for a Reset - does Reset mean Start Over?

Thanks!

Epitome

Feb 1, 2013
Visit site
Ah ha - herein lies my main cause of confusion and frustration!

This is what I get EVERY time I go into My Apple ID.

If you notice, I am logged in, so I must have done something right to do so - and I did not actually change the password this time, but this is still the response I get when I try to go to any other section to edit the information. Maybe it is not actually an issue and it just looks like it? I dunno. Just Frustrated at this point.

problem.jpg

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711