iOS 6.1 Available - Fixes/Update - Feedback thread

Bazza1

Mar 13, 2011
Visit site
Re: ios 6.1 now avalible

Underwhelming list in the release notes results in underwhelming 'improvements' for most users, one thinks. Most of the list seems geared towards 3rd Party suppliers accessing you better (or, I suppose as Apple would have it, you accessing them), so really, this is worth a full point upgrade? An upgrade to 6.0.2 perhaps. Dearth of any apparent real work done on improving the iOS suggests that either the team is devoting all of it's energies to iOS 7 (which now really needs to be a big 'insanely great' leap to keep up with the other OSs that are out there), or that Apple has simply lost direction and drive to strive - and each patch causes more issues than it solves.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site

There are tiny little changes in 6.1 that are probably not going to be noticed by many. On the iPad when you change a calendar event instead of the "Change all events or This one only" prompt smack dag in the middle of the screen it is now off to the side and below the editing box of the event. In the notifications you can now edit and move the notifications that show in the Notification Center to organize which show at the top I guess in terms of importance. Those were the only minor changes I noticed so far apart from the really great battery life and maybe it's mind over matter but the screen also looks brighter and the colors deeper.

If you're suffering from battery drain or any other really frustrating issues do a good reload. I mean download the OS and then do a Option+Restore in iTunes, Shift+Restore for the Windows users. This will do a fresh install and then choose setup as new. I know it's a pain to redo all your settings but isn't it also a pain to have crappy battery life, Wifi, etc. I'm not saying it's going to fix all the issues but at least you know you're loading from a strong base instead of one that already has corrupted data etc. I bit the bullet and did it for my iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch and I like the way everything is working now.

anon(2254645)

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site

To me, the ability to download individual songs from iTunes Match again is worth this upgrade by itself! I think Apple saw the error of their ways in the last update.

John Yester

Moderator Team Leader
Ambassador
May 23, 2012
Visit site

Not really looking into it that much... It boots up and I use it... Other then that... Seems the same to me

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site

Underwhelming list in the release notes results in underwhelming 'improvements' for most users, one thinks. Most of the list seems geared towards 3rd Party suppliers accessing you better (or, I suppose as Apple would have it, you accessing them), so really, this is worth a full point upgrade? An upgrade to 6.0.2 perhaps. Dearth of any apparent real work done on improving the iOS suggests that either the team is devoting all of it's energies to iOS 7 (which now really needs to be a big 'insanely great' leap to keep up with the other OSs that are out there), or that Apple has simply lost direction and drive to strive - and each patch causes more issues than it solves.

You won't be happy until the iPhone flies and farts rainbows...

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
ios 6.1 now avalible

Not really looking into it that much... It boots up and I use it... Other then that... Seems the same to me

Exactly!....I really wasn't looking for or expecting anything special from this update, to be honest. It works, I'm having zero issues and it still satisfies my smartphone needs and therefore, it's all good, in my opinion....:D

MikeC1408

Jan 9, 2013
Visit site
ios 6.1 now avalible

Data connection is running so slowly after upgrading.

Must remember give it a week before updating next time till there is some feedback.

mrsFAB

Mar 6, 2010
Visit site

My data connection... Or lack there of... Ugh!!! In my office I longer have LTE. I have 1 bar on "4G" and that connection keeps dropping. This is awfull!!!

Relletti

Trusted Member
Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
This update has definitely fixed my battery issues. Around this time I would have had to put my phone in the charger.

Tapatalking

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site

Guys any word on wifi issues on ip5? I mean have you noticed any improvement in the matter? I've been hoping 6.1 would help with that, since 6.0.2 did nothing.

Kinna disappointed here :(

I'll see tomorrow after updating I guess.
I never had any issues before and it stayed the same, not having any issues after the update either.

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
To me, the ability to download individual songs from iTunes Match again is worth this upgrade by itself! I think Apple saw the error of their ways in the last update.

Agreed not sure about battery life thou
I had a flawless iphone 5 then I updated and two hours later my phone went to no sim went to apple sim slot and card both were fried so I got a new phone and sim Did the update again have had no issues since but I'm just hoping my new phone has no issues

Sent from my iPhone 5 from a galaxy far far away (in the USA ) using Tapatalk !

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
Agreed not sure about battery life thou
I had a flawless iphone 5 then I updated and two hours later my phone went to no sim went to apple sim slot and card both were fried so I got a new phone and sim Did the update again have had no issues since but I'm just hoping my new phone has no issues

It almost sounds as if your update somehow got corrupted causing the issues. I have had no issues since the update on my iphone 5 and same goes for 2 others who updated their iphone 4's.

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
It almost sounds as if your update somehow got corrupted causing the issues. I have had no issues since the update on my iphone 5 and same goes for 2 others who updated their iphone 4's.

Ya I thought same thing but a dfu restore wouldn't even fix it phone restored but would not activate because of saying no sim it was very strange but i knew I just had to go get a new one I did the update on another 5 my iPad 4 a iphone 4 with no issue as well

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox