Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
Like Tree16Likes

Global Posts
    3,095 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Default iOS 6.1 Available - Fixes/Update - Feedback thread

Ok I have a stupid question. My sister has an iPhone from work and it prompted her to update but it said it was beta.

Why beta? She is a nurse. Not a developer or anything.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    460 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Quote Originally Posted by phreddyl View Post
    Ok I have a stupid question. My sister has an iPhone from work and it prompted her to update but it said it was beta.

You could try updating through iTunes, since (correct me if I'm wrong) it's beta 5 not the 4 the same as the final release.

Global Posts
    3,095 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Quote Originally Posted by linsiris View Post
    You could try updating through iTunes, since (correct me if I'm wrong) it's beta 5 not the 4 the same as the final release.
    Honestly don't know. Don't think she can via iTunes. It's a locked down work one. I'm not sure. I told her to contact IT dept.
    iMore Guru

Global Posts
    6,445 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Default Re: iOS 6.1 Available - Fixes/Update - Feedback thread

Quote Originally Posted by Premium1 View Post
    did you turn off vibrate on silent as well?
    P1,
    No I didn't because I need it to vibrate while on silent.
    I just guess I never noticed it vibrated when the alarm triggered.
    Tks again,
    Good Luck

Apple TV
    iPhone 5S
    iPad 2 Wi-Fi
    MacBook Air 13" Mid 2012 Mavericks 10.9.4
    Cigar Lover
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    8,609 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS 182

Quote Originally Posted by Laelipoo View Post
    I'm pretty happy with battery life. Bring on the jailbreak.
    what if the jailbreak comes with a price?

like your battery life taking a hit

Global Posts
    2,472 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Quote Originally Posted by BLiNK View Post
    what if the jailbreak comes with a price?

like your battery life taking a hit
    I already get 36 hours. I can spare a few.
    iMore Forum Moderator
    iPhone 5s ✲ Macbook Pro running Mavericks 10.9 ✲ Apple TV 2nd Gen ✲ Xbox 360 ✲ Nintendo 3DS ✲ PS3

​@laelipoo on Twitter & App.netiMore's 20k Post Challenge
    finn5975 likes this.

Global Posts
    15,632 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    7.x.x

36 hours and what type of usage.....

Mine for a fact does not just sit there through the day,...
    John Yester
    Moderator Team Leader, iMore.com

Premium1 likes this.

Global Posts
    2,472 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Quote Originally Posted by John Yester View Post
    36 hours and what type of usage.....

Mine for a fact does not just sit there through the day,...
    I'll repost it.

iMore Forum Moderator
    iPhone 5s ✲ Macbook Pro running Mavericks 10.9 ✲ Apple TV 2nd Gen ✲ Xbox 360 ✲ Nintendo 3DS ✲ PS3

​@laelipoo on Twitter & App.netiMore's 20k Post Challenge
    iMore Newbie

Global Posts
    33 Global Posts
    iOS Version

I upgraded my wife's iPhone 4s to 6.1. There were many issues but finally was able to upgrade and restored and phone is now running 6.1. I am experiencing an issue with no updates for email, weather, Facebook,etc. The phone is activated, imessage and sms messages work. Email will only work if i manually refresh.

I read that notifications, or push might be off, they all appear to be on? Should i rest phone back to factory and reset everything back up, or should I head to Verizon and tell them something is wrong?

Global Posts
    11,695 Global Posts
    iOS Version

If you have the Popular Science app in your iPad NewsStand - you'll notice that iOS6.1 breaks it... The Feb issue downloads, but hitting "Read" gives the spinning daisy of infinite wait... I can see an app update in the future...

Edit to add: I un-installed and re-installed the app - and it's working now... go figure.
    Last edited by kch50428; 01-31-2013 at 06:51 PM.
    Keith - iMore Moderator - The Mobile Nations/iMore Forum Rules
     iPhone5 on VZW;  iPad(2012) - wifi with BadElf for GPS
    "When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser." -- Socrates
    iMore Newbie

Global Posts
    64 Global Posts

There are other apps that are crashing now on 6.1 yet were stable prior. For me, the main one is OneSafe.
    stack trace in the diagnostic looks like a leak. Who knows, but we will likely see updates when enough users complain.
    iMore Newbie

Global Posts
    410 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Yikes! I accepted the iOS 6.1 OTA update today and before the update was complete, my phone went into recovery mode. I had to restore it via iTunes and it went back to factory default! But then, thankfully, almost everything was restored from an iCloud backup earlier today. That was quite inconvenient and a little scary.
    ame
    iMore Guru

Global Posts
    2,407 Global Posts

My battery life is atrocious. I did the update Thursday night, yesterday from 100% fullcharge at 7am with me barely touching it other than maybe 30 texts and it dinging for email, by 10pm last night I was at 18%. Before this update I would MAYBE have been at 50% with doing all that plus calls and games and photos and more texting. Today I have had my phone from 100% at 11am til now at 3:54pm. I have sent/received 11 texts, taken 4 photos and made a 3 minute call and I am at 68% already.
    "Balls!" said the Queen, "if I had them I'd be King!"
    iPhone Beginner

Global Posts
    829 Global Posts

<~ link to one of the Apple forum threads
    AT&T 16GB iPhone 3GS> 32GB iPhone 4> anxiously waiting for iPhone 5!! *Apple FABfangirl* MacBook Pro... FINALLY got my iPad 2!!! *Follow me on Twitter: @mrsFAB*
    iPhone Beginner

Global Posts
    829 Global Posts

My battery life is horrible. I got a replacement phone Friday. They suggested not doing an OTA update. So I set up phone as new. Once home, I upgrade to 6.1 via iTunes this time. Restore from backside that morning. Now, my cellular connection is the same as when I updated OTA. little or no service. LTE is non existent. And my battery went from 100 % at 5:30-ish CST to 38% at 9-ish. Ridiculous!!! I wil be back at Apple tommorrow. I will NOT put 6.1 o. This replacement. NOT! Apple should be ashamed.
    AT&T 16GB iPhone 3GS> 32GB iPhone 4> anxiously waiting for iPhone 5!! *Apple FABfangirl* MacBook Pro... FINALLY got my iPad 2!!! *Follow me on Twitter: @mrsFAB*
    iPhone Beginner

Global Posts
    829 Global Posts

That battery life went down with very little use since it's useless unless on wifi. I'm sooooo mad right now.
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    6,880 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS 6

Is it her personal iPhone? If she was getting the OTA beta then she was running beta 3 somehow.
    can't upgrade via iTunes check this thread http://forum.tipb.com/jailbreak-unlo...ml#post1717460
    ~32GB Space Grey iPhone 5s(Audi)~32GB Space Grey rMini ~ 15" i7 SSD 16GB rMBP(Omega) on Mavericks~
    iPheuria aka The Jailbr3ak kid (soon to be retired)

Global Posts
    3,095 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Quote Originally Posted by Ipheuria View Post
    Is it her personal iPhone? If she was getting the OTA beta then she was running beta 3 somehow.
    No it was her work phone. I told her to go to IT and tell them. Cause if I am not mistaken when beta expires her phone bricks and becomes a paper weight.
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    6,880 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS 6

Quote Originally Posted by mrsFAB View Post
    My battery life is horrible. I got a replacement phone Friday. They suggested not doing an OTA update. So I set up phone as new. Once home, I upgrade to 6.1 via iTunes this time. Restore from backside that morning. Now, my cellular connection is the same as when I updated OTA. little or no service. LTE is non existent. And my battery went from 100 % at 5:30-ish CST to 38% at 9-ish. Ridiculous!!! I wil be back at Apple tommorrow. I will NOT put 6.1 o. This replacement. NOT! Apple should be ashamed.
    Apple should be ashamed? because your phone is the only one that matters? There are lots of people running 6.1 and loving their battery life myself included. If the issue is caused by third party software Apple should still be ashamed? They swap out hardware without much hassle try and get that with many of the other manufacturers.
    can't upgrade via iTunes check this thread http://forum.tipb.com/jailbreak-unlo...ml#post1717460
    ~32GB Space Grey iPhone 5s(Audi)~32GB Space Grey rMini ~ 15" i7 SSD 16GB rMBP(Omega) on Mavericks~
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    6,880 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS 6

No it was her work phone. I told her to go to IT and tell them. Cause if I am not mistaken when beta expires her phone bricks and becomes a paper weight.
    She should definitely tell them and in the meantime do an iCloud backup and check if there is an OTA beta 5 update. It doesn't have the time bomb because it's the same as the final 6.1. I'm not 100% sure of it but that is my assumption.
    iPhone Beginner

Global Posts
    829 Global Posts

Yes. Apple should be ashamed because I am NOT the only one. Hence the link to one of many threads on their own forum about the 6.1 issues. Really? Umph!
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    6,880 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS 6

The point is instead of asking for advice on things that can be tried to remedy the situation you are complaining about Apple. What I was trying to also highlight is that Apple is not always the cause of the issue since there are many people also on the forums who have great battery life. It can be third party apps, weak signal strength, corrupt data and the list goes on. Anyway I've said my piece on that.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    364 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Quote Originally Posted by mrsFAB View Post
    Yes. Apple should be ashamed because I am NOT the only one. Hence the link to one of many threads on their own forum about the 6.1 issues. Really? Umph!
    Are you serious? They exchanged the phone for you and they will do it again to make you happy. Maybe you should read about how Samsung deals with those who are experiencing SDS on their S3.

Sent from my iPhone 7
    ame
    iMore Guru

Global Posts
    2,407 Global Posts

Ill be doing a restore as new this weekend and starting over, I keep losing service (like...more than usual). Not sure if it's the recurrent issue just really getting worse (Im overdue for replacement...) or if 6.1 is a serious uptick in that. Im going to see how it goes this weekend when I wipe it and start fresh. I haven't had time to do that this week with family issues going on, so hopefully tomorrow night or Saturday.
    "Balls!" said the Queen, "if I had them I'd be King!"
    iPhone Nanite

Default Re: ios 6.1 now avalible

Same thing happened to me. Apple claims, inter alia, " it's a hardware problem." Don't you believe it. Nothing works to bring back ( in my case) 3G. Though it still works fine on 2g.
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast