iOS 6.1b5 now available

Status
Not open for further replies.

Droidrage729

May 31, 2012
Visit site
FYI for what it's worth I was running ios 6.0.2 on my vzw ip5 and I just updated with the 6.1.0 beta 5 without a restore and everything went perfect took about 5-10 minutes to update printed a few set up options and all my stuff was still there. I do not have a developer account so yea I just jumped off the plank and it happened to work out well.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
FYI for what it's worth I was running ios 6.0.2 on my vzw ip5 and I just updated with the 6.1.0 beta 5 without a restore and everything went perfect took about 5-10 minutes to update printed a few set up options and all my stuff was still there. I do not have a developer account so yea I just jumped off the plank and it happened to work out well.

I have a dev account and my mini is registered. I also attempted to do a "update" instead of a "restore" from 6.0.2 and it worked. Normally you would need to restore to go from official to beta. Another reason why I'm thinking this is more than just a beta.

Droidrage729

May 31, 2012
Visit site
I have a dev account and my mini is registered. I also attempted to do a "update" instead of a "restore" from 6.0.2 and it worked. Normally you would need to restore to go from official to beta. Another reason why I'm thinking this is more than just a beta.

Never been happier to have my device boot up

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site

If you were able to install it with not being registered .. Then sounds like a Gm

Sent from my iPhone 5 from a galaxy far far away (in the USA ) using Tapatalk !

getdamned

Jan 20, 2013
Visit site
GM status is usually an anterograde label applied to a previous release that was originally dubbed a beta or RC. So it would likely be more appropriate to state that "beta 5 was certified GM".

Reason being, any time they change the code, they will need to at least do a brief wide-scope beta test to ensure no new bugs were introduced in the previous code revision. Inherently, if the working code is modified, another beta will follow. It's only after that public test trial that they can say the release that is already running and working on many devices is acceptable and stable; fit for general public distribution and then freeze the code and declare it GM.

So in simpler terms, it would probably be safe to say that the final beta release of any firmware version will invariably become the GM and the two will be identical, save insignificant changes such as a change of internal labeling or a very tiny increment in the build number.

But I wouldn't put "stalling" past Apple by any means. Those who have suggested that notion aren't merely paranoid conspiracy freaks!

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
ATFDL now has the 4S version. downloading now

also, if we can agree that this is indeed the "GM" then it should be fine to post links and help others with it?

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
Installing ATFDL download now...

might wanna wait...
ATFDL Beta Downloads ‏@ATFDL
We have discovered a problem in the iPhone 4S download. Please wait to download the iPhone 4S until we give it the OK. Thanks!
Expand Reply Retweet Favorite More

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
might wanna wait...
ATFDL Beta Downloads ‏@ATFDL
We have discovered a problem in the iPhone 4S download. Please wait to download the iPhone 4S until we give it the OK. Thanks!
Expand Reply Retweet Favorite More

Too late. Already installed, now synching... will see if I have issues and have to do something about...

Edit to add... so far,so good - no issues noted...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.