New to IOS/iPhone 5. Help!

sx4dude2013

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site
So I just got my iPhone 5 and I'm having some issues with basic things...

1) any way or app to use to turn phone to silent without have to flip the side switch?

2) when I send a txt message and don't exit the screen. Just lock it. When the person replies I don't always get a notification? Sometimes it will be a quiet swooping sound? I want a notification all the time?

3) can I remove the stocks info from the notification pull down?

4) can I tag a person with uploading an image to Facebook? I don't know how to do this from the photo section. I can select a photo and type about it but not tag people? Why?

Thanks!!!

swarlos

Trusted Member
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
So I just got my iPhone 5 and I'm having some issues with basic things...

1) any way or app to use to turn phone to silent without have to flip the side switch?

2) when I send a txt message and don't exit the screen. Just lock it. When the person replies I don't always get a notification? Sometimes it will be a quiet swooping sound? I want a notification all the time?

3) can I remove the stocks info from the notification pull down?

4) can I tag a person with uploading an image to Facebook? I don't know how to do this from the photo section. I can select a photo and type about it but not tag people? Why?

Thanks!!!

1) Why is the silent switch broken?

2) I'm assuming you mean not hitting the home button. Hmm not sure about this one as I do receive notifications. What sound do you have set?

3) Yes Settings > Notifications > Stock Widget > Toggle off

4) No I believe you have to tag people from the FB app.

Beamed from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

Rezkeh

Jan 22, 2013
Visit site
Regarding the silent switch: to my knowledge, especially without Jailbreaking - which, for the moment, you can't do on an iPhone 5 - the switch functions as a "ringer on" (default position) and "ringer off" (lower position with orange marker). There is no software available that will allow you to control the function of the switch, or make it silence your entire phone and all of its applications.

What I mean by this is that the switch only controls specific alerts; text message, email, phone call, and miscellaneous application alerts for example can all be muted by moving the switch to the "ringer off" position, and exchanged for a vibration (configuration options are found in Settings).

NB: Alarms set in the Clock application are not affected by the position of the switch, they will always have sound.

Videos (from YouTube for example), games, and other applications - once opened - are not affected by the position of the silent switch. You have to control the volume of the application manually by using either the volume rocker on the side of your phone, or via in-app controls.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janikhan1234