Ipad failed to update to IOS6 - now a brick?
I plugged into Itunes like normal, did my sync. A pop up stating to update the Ipad. I clicked ok. it downloaded and began the install.
On the ipad is the USB connect screen to the Itunes icon.
After a couple of minutes the Ipad shutdown, Itunes popped up with an error stating it couldnot complete the update and closed.
Now the Ipad screen still only has the usb connection on the screen. it will not boot or do anything. I tried holding down the power+home button for 10sec.
The screen went black and then the apple logo come on, then right back to the usb connection icon.
I really hope it did not brick because of apple update. Not like I can afford to go buy a new one
or maybe this is apples way of getting us to buy another one.
- 01-21-2013, 08:44 PM #2
- 01-21-2013, 09:14 PM #4
Re: Ipad failed to update to IOS6 - now a brick?
All is good now. Took awhile. On my Win8 laptop running Itunes 11, would not see the Ipad at all, tried over 20x trying to get it to work. I was about to give up and then decided to try it on my older pc running Itunes 10. 2nd try it recognized it, said it was in recovery mode and I would need to restore. Went through the restore.
Now the odd part. It errored at the end, stating it could not recover. I believe the error was 1304 or something. However, the Ipad was working fine and I did not lose anything.
So I just canceled the error and figure I will never update the OS again.
Thanks for the help.
- 01-24-2013, 09:13 AM #6
- By aero11616 in forum iOS 6Replies: 18Last Post: 01-23-2014, 03:21 AM
- By drarif in forum iOS 5Replies: 4Last Post: 11-17-2011, 09:24 AM
- By roughneckboren in forum iPhone 4Replies: 6Last Post: 07-08-2009, 10:02 PM
- By Tramain in forum iPhone 4Replies: 22Last Post: 05-29-2009, 02:19 PM
- By Jeremy in forum Jailbreaking, Unlocking, Hacks, Themes & ModsReplies: 4Last Post: 09-17-2008, 02:59 PM