This past week, I've set up a daily reminder to go off at the end of my work day. Not once have I been reminded of the task that I put on there.
Am I missing something or is the Reminders App not meant to actually notify you of the tasks I put in?
I was thinking of using my calendar as a reminder of sorts, but I don't like cluttering it up. Any insight on how to fix my reminders app so that it actually reminds me of something, rather than me going into the app, mad that it didn't remind me?
- 01-17-2013, 05:40 PM #2
If you specified a time for the notification AND set the type of notification in the settings menu then the app should work in the manner you mentioned. It has always worked for me.
- 01-17-2013, 05:40 PM #3
I wish I had suggestions but I stopped using the native Reminders app, which had been terrible in my experience; never going off, not reliable, etc. I recommend going to the App Store and getting ALARMED - which has been (IMO) the very best reminders/to-do app for iOS for the past couple of years. I can't survive without it. Part of the reason I could never completely leave iOS is because of this app.
- 01-17-2013, 05:54 PM #4
- 01-17-2013, 08:25 PM #5
Re: Reminders App
As much as I think Reminders needs a lot of work, the one thing I can say in its defense is that the alerts /notifications work well.
iPad 2 Wi-Fi
MacBook Air 13" Mid 2012 Mountain Lion 10.8.3
Former Storm2 & Palm Owner
- 01-19-2013, 08:49 PM #7
- By nadavhart in forum Apps & GamesReplies: 0Last Post: 04-26-2011, 09:54 AM
- By mishie in forum Facebook, Twitter, Google+ and SocialReplies: 3Last Post: 03-14-2011, 10:30 AM
- By Widgetstein in forum Apps & GamesReplies: 0Last Post: 01-12-2011, 06:08 AM
- By vietalogy in forum Apps & GamesReplies: 3Last Post: 10-20-2010, 09:34 PM
- By ripeapps in forum Apps & GamesReplies: 0Last Post: 09-14-2010, 06:15 PM