Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree7Likes
    iPhone Nanite

Default AT&T allows FaceTime over cellular for all tiered data plans

I actually use it quite often. I think FaceTime is designed for people that travel or that live long distance from relatives, maybe a military family etc... I use FaceTime with my iPhone on a windshield mount and a Bluetooth headset or when I'm traveling on business. My wife uses it to talk to her sisters kids. Like Skype video, it's not for everyone but there is a market for video calls.

That being said, data is data and AT&T shouldn't artificially limit how it's used.
    iPhone Newbie

Global Posts
    112 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Default Re: AT&T allows FaceTime over cellular for all tiered data plans

You might be in the minority, at least as far as FaceTime is concerned. But I do agree with you about video calls having a market, and data being data. I'd imagine though that most are used to Skype and would probably use that over FT simply b/c they have been for so long.

I'd love for FT to really take off, but I just don't see it happening. I'm a lover of all things geektastic, and yet I've maybe FaceTimed a total of 6 times since it was made available. I know I'm not *everyone* but seems like I'd hear and see more of it around me than I do - even here in the South, where everything revolves around eating and college football. Just my thoughts...
    Last edited by Daspoo; 01-31-2013 at 11:41 PM. Reason: grammar correction :)
    Spoooooooon!!
    iPhone Nanite

Default AT&T allows FaceTime over cellular for all tiered data plans

Quote Originally Posted by Daspoo View Post
    You might be in the minority, at least as far as FaceTime is concerned. But I do agree with you about video calls having a market, and data being data. I'd imagine though that most are used to Skype and would probably use that over FT simply b/c they have been for so long.

I'd love for FT to really take off, but I just don't see it happening. I'm a lover of all things geektastic, and yet I've maybe FaceTimed a total of 6 times since it was made available. I know I'm not *everyone* but seems like I'd hear and see more of it around me than I do - even here in the South, where everything revolves around eating and college football. Just my thoughts...
    Oh I'm in the minority for sure. Not too many people make video calls. In my experience, especially girls. Lol. When I try a FT cal a female friend, I get a text back saying they aren't ready for a video call (makeup, etc). I think guys could care less what they look like. Haha. Video calls are limited to a small group? Business conference calls, geeks and long distance situations, etc.
    Daspoo likes this.
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    13,726 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    6.x

Default Re: AT&T allows FaceTime over cellular for all tiered data plans

I use FT daily. I didn't for the first year or more that it was available. But when I got sick it became a huge help. My family could see how I was doing. Just because they lived a thousand miles away, they still got to watch my hair fall out, and now they're getting to watch it come back.

My mother only uses an iPad these days (no computer), so she FT's me 1-2 a day. And I've been able to use it to watch tv with my daughter. Of course, I'm using it on my Mac. I'd like to be able to use it on my iPhone when I'm not home.
    Daspoo likes this.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12