Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    972 Global Posts

Default how to move saved games from 1 itunes to another?

my situation is the following

I have some saved games on the 4S on PC #1 using iTunes email #2 that I want to move to a 5 on PC #3 using email #4, so basically moving saved games from one PC to another PC with a different email address account on the iTunes.

Is it possible. If so, how do I do that?

Thanks.
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    6,890 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS 6

Default Re: how to move saved games from 1 itunes to another?

You can move them from PC to PC that is not an issue. You will not be able to activate it on a different account as far as I know. How to move it to the other computer copy the iTunes folder that is usually in the My Music folder to the same folder on the second computer. Then when you start up iTunes it will read the folder in the location and will pick up the contents. However if you try to use it then it will tell you that this account is not authroized for the content and it can't be synced to the device.
    can't upgrade via iTunes check this thread http://forum.tipb.com/jailbreak-unlo...ml#post1717460
    ~32GB Space Grey iPhone 5s(Audi)~32GB Space Grey rMini ~ 15" i7 SSD 16GB rMBP(Omega) on Mavericks~
    iPheuria aka The Jailbr3ak kid (soon to be retired)
  3. Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    972 Global Posts

I see. Thanks. I just want to continue playing my saved game. The game itself is free to download, so there is no purchase, I can just re download the game, but I want to play it where I leave it.

how about saving the saved game file and dumped it to the other iTunes with different email address? Once I download the game, I just replace the saved file... would it work?
    iPhone Newbie

Global Posts
    446 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by gameson View Post
    I see. Thanks. I just want to continue playing my saved game. The game itself is free to download, so there is no purchase, I can just re download the game, but I want to play it where I leave it.

how about saving the saved game file and dumped it to the other iTunes with different email address? Once I download the game, I just replace the saved file... would it work?
    You can't transfer game saves, or any apps/data, to a different iTunes account/Apple ID. Your only hope is to call Apple.
  5. Thread AuthorThread Author   #5  
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    972 Global Posts

I see, well, I guess I have to let go my angry birds season saved data and start over...