iOS 6.1

Status
Not open for further replies.

richu75

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
Hi JustMe'D
thanks for your reply.
Here in Germany as well as in US it is a big problem. As the circumstances even for professionals are not clear and there is no reproducible workaround so on my point of view it is a big problem for Apple. iOS 6.0.1 didn't solve it what is not Apple like. Look here

IOS 6 Wi-Fi problems keep hanging on | ZDNet

Thanks and have a nice day.

Do you by any chance have BT turned on while connecting with a wifi network?
My personal experience is that BT interferes with a WDS wifi network.

In my office we use HP MSM with multiple access point to cover the whole building. The 4s will not ever connect when BT is on.
At home I have no problem connecting while BT is on, but then again I do not use a WDS wifi network at home.

Laelipoo

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
^ This

This is the only reason I want iOS 6.1 to get released! I miss IntelliScreen, BiteSMS, and Themes!

Pretty much this.

iPhone 5 ✲ iPad 3 WiFi ✲ Macbook Pro running Lion 10.8.2 ✲ Xbox 360 ✲ Nintendo 3DS ✲ PS3

Beamed from a galaxy far, far away using Tapatalk!

iNotes4You

Dec 8, 2012
Visit site
Do you by any chance have BT turned on while connecting with a wifi network?
My personal experience is that BT interferes with a WDS wifi network.

In my office we use HP MSM with multiple access point to cover the whole building. The 4s will not ever connect when BT is on.
At home I have no problem connecting while BT is on, but then again I do not use a WDS wifi network at home.

No, I never use BT.
And additionally Cellular is OFF.
There is just one AirPort Extreme and I am sitting about 1/200 mile away.
What I do not understand is that iPad 3 and an old 3GS has no such problems
Thanks for your reply.
Let's see whether 6.1 can fix this problem.

Lynx

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
not sure i have the patience to wait on jailbreaks like i used too. very frustrating.

My thoughts exactly. I held off on buying the iPhone 4S until it was jailbroken last year. However this year I wanted the LTE on the iPhone 5 too much to wait and pre-ordered it.

WreakingHavoc

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
not sure i have the patience to wait on jailbreaks like i used too. very frustrating.

Unfortunately we have no choice but to wait, the only jailbreak tweak I'm missing is Zephyr, I can do without the rest. Apple could easily add this function as swiping is already available on the iPad. It would be nice to have Quick Reply (Bite) and faster access to toggle settings (SBsettings) but it's the Home button I've grown to hate. I guess we'll just have to be virtuous and be patient :(

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
The Wifi thing to me as all the other gates is just overblown hype because it is on an Apple device. I am in no way underplaying the significance of the problem for the users that experience it but people have started to lack understanding. There are so many ways to setup an iPhone and so many different types of owners with different levels of technical understanding that it is impossible to say how well an iPhone is loaded. Think about Windows it is the same problem and that is why so many people have BSOD, hang ups, freezing while others with the same computers do not. In the old days upgrading to a new OS required a total reload of the OS from scratch but over time and with iCloud now it's just an upgrade or even with reloading the device users restore their SETTINGS and data via iCloud that could have corruption. When they are told to reload the device as new the attitude is the same as the ZDNet article "Oh joy!". Users want the convenience of having all the settings and the joy of everything working flawlessly. Ever heard of having your cake and eating it too? It's simple do a reload of the OS and setup the device as new if you still have issues connecting to Wifi take it in to an Apple store and get it swapped. It's not like I've never had problems on my iDevices I've had battery drain issues, crashing, reception etc. the difference is that I don't wait for Apple to patch the problem I try different approaches to taking my media/data off the device, restarting it, reloading it until it works. I could give a crap less about convenience because it takes me 15-20 minutes to redo all my settings if I restore it as new. If you look at Android there was a bug where a hacker could reset your GS device to factory settings. This means your data, GONE, settings, GONE but it got no special attention certainly not as much as Antennaegate. LOL sorry (end rant)

Jailbreak I'm dying for it to happen but the funny thing is I'm also fine using the stock OEM iOS. I think my iPhone 5 is so fast and so seamless that I enjoy using it even with all the downsides of not having the customizing I'm used to. It doesn't mean the minute the Jailbreak is out I wont do it there are just things that enhance my enjoyment and the usability of the device. Until Apple does those things, I don't think they ever will, I will be a JBer. In 5 years this is the longest I've used a stock iOS and it's not as bad as I thought but when it comes to JB nothing has changed I don't want it any less. Just the ability to answer messages from the lockscreen is one of a ton of features I will never live without if I don't have to.

iNotes4You

Dec 8, 2012
Visit site
The WiFi connection bug seems to be fixed with iOS 6.1.
We had nearly 200.000 views in the Apple Support Community regarding this problem. My iPhone 4S works now without problems but only if the setting PROXY is set to OFF. If you set it to AUTO iPhone again cannot connect to the AirPort Extreme router which is connected to the internet via a Windows network.

Rigs0512

Sep 18, 2012
Visit site
We had nearly 200.000 views in the Apple Support Community regarding this problem. My iPhone 4S works now without problems but only if the setting PROXY is set to OFF. If you set it to AUTO iPhone again cannot connect to the AirPort Extreme router which is connected to the internet via a Windows network.

Oh... That's pretty bad...Thanks for confirming it..

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

After reading your post, I set the proxy to auto and was still able to connect and maintain a connection with my Apple Time Capsule. I have an iPhone 4S running iOS 6.1.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro