Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree15Likes
    iMore Elite

Global Posts
    1,373 Global Posts

Default Re: iOS 6.1

Quote Originally Posted by BLiNK View Post
    not sure i have the patience to wait on jailbreaks like i used too. very frustrating.
    And they only seem to be taking longer and longer as apple tries shutting off all the ways to be ale to jailbreak devices.
    iPhone Beginner

iOS Version

Default iOS 6.1

Quote Originally Posted by richu75 View Post
    Do you by any chance have BT turned on while connecting with a wifi network?
    My personal experience is that BT interferes with a WDS wifi network.

In my office we use HP MSM with multiple access point to cover the whole building. The 4s will not ever connect when BT is on.
    At home I have no problem connecting while BT is on, but then again I do not use a WDS wifi network at home.
    No, I never use BT.
    And additionally Cellular is OFF.
    There is just one AirPort Extreme and I am sitting about 1/200 mile away.
    What I do not understand is that iPad 3 and an old 3GS has no such problems
    Thanks for your reply.
    Let's see whether 6.1 can fix this problem.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    1,214 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS 6

not sure i have the patience to wait on jailbreaks like i used too. very frustrating.
    My thoughts exactly. I held off on buying the iPhone 4S until it was jailbroken last year. However this year I wanted the LTE on the iPhone 5 too much to wait and pre-ordered it.
    iMore Intermediate

iOS Version

Default iOS 6.1

Unfortunately we have no choice but to wait, the only jailbreak tweak I'm missing is Zephyr, I can do without the rest. Apple could easily add this function as swiping is already available on the iPad. It would be nice to have Quick Reply (Bite) and faster access to toggle settings (SBsettings) but it's the Home button I've grown to hate. I guess we'll just have to be virtuous and be patient
    iPhone5 32gb, iPad2 64gb wifi, Apple TV3, MacBook Air
    Team JailBreak
    @LondonComp
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    6,880 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS 6

The Wifi thing to me as all the other gates is just overblown hype because it is on an Apple device. I am in no way underplaying the significance of the problem for the users that experience it but people have started to lack understanding. There are so many ways to setup an iPhone and so many different types of owners with different levels of technical understanding that it is impossible to say how well an iPhone is loaded. Think about Windows it is the same problem and that is why so many people have BSOD, hang ups, freezing while others with the same computers do not. In the old days upgrading to a new OS required a total reload of the OS from scratch but over time and with iCloud now it's just an upgrade or even with reloading the device users restore their SETTINGS and data via iCloud that could have corruption. When they are told to reload the device as new the attitude is the same as the ZDNet article "Oh joy!". Users want the convenience of having all the settings and the joy of everything working flawlessly. Ever heard of having your cake and eating it too? It's simple do a reload of the OS and setup the device as new if you still have issues connecting to Wifi take it in to an Apple store and get it swapped. It's not like I've never had problems on my iDevices I've had battery drain issues, crashing, reception etc. the difference is that I don't wait for Apple to patch the problem I try different approaches to taking my media/data off the device, restarting it, reloading it until it works. I could give a crap less about convenience because it takes me 15-20 minutes to redo all my settings if I restore it as new. If you look at Android there was a bug where a hacker could reset your GS device to factory settings. This means your data, GONE, settings, GONE but it got no special attention certainly not as much as Antennaegate. LOL sorry (end rant)

Jailbreak I'm dying for it to happen but the funny thing is I'm also fine using the stock OEM iOS. I think my iPhone 5 is so fast and so seamless that I enjoy using it even with all the downsides of not having the customizing I'm used to. It doesn't mean the minute the Jailbreak is out I wont do it there are just things that enhance my enjoyment and the usability of the device. Until Apple does those things, I don't think they ever will, I will be a JBer. In 5 years this is the longest I've used a stock iOS and it's not as bad as I thought but when it comes to JB nothing has changed I don't want it any less. Just the ability to answer messages from the lockscreen is one of a ton of features I will never live without if I don't have to.
    can't upgrade via iTunes check this thread http://forum.tipb.com/jailbreak-unlo...ml#post1717460
    ~32GB Space Grey iPhone 5s(Audi)~32GB Space Grey rMini ~ 15" i7 SSD 16GB rMBP(Omega) on Mavericks~
    iPheuria aka The Jailbr3ak kid (soon to be retired)
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    293 Global Posts

Default iOS 6.1

Exactly 4:17 pm PST on Jan. 23.
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    8,629 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS 182

Quote Originally Posted by JobSteves View Post
    Exactly 4:17 pm PST on Jan. 23.
    interesting. it has to be before the 28th since beta 4 expires on that date

btw, i really like the battery life of beta 4 (6.1) hope this carries over with the GM
    iPhone Nanite

hope for jb ipad2 64 3g soon. do u have problem with save photo in this ipad in ios 6?
    iPhone Beginner

iOS Version

Default iOS 6.1

The WiFi connection bug seems to be fixed with iOS 6.1.
    We had nearly 200.000 views in the Apple Support Community regarding this problem. My iPhone 4S works now without problems but only if the setting PROXY is set to OFF. If you set it to AUTO iPhone again cannot connect to the AirPort Extreme router which is connected to the internet via a Windows network.
    Thanked by:
    Angelo_Campher (01-29-2013), Rigs0512 (01-29-2013)
    iMore Newbie

iOS Version

Default iOS 6.1

Quote Originally Posted by iNotes4You View Post
    We had nearly 200.000 views in the Apple Support Community regarding this problem. My iPhone 4S works now without problems but only if the setting PROXY is set to OFF. If you set it to AUTO iPhone again cannot connect to the AirPort Extreme router which is connected to the internet via a Windows network.
    Oh... That's pretty bad...Thanks for confirming it..

Global Posts
    22,258 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Default iOS 6.1

Quote Originally Posted by iNotes4You View Post
    After reading your post, I set the proxy to auto and was still able to connect and maintain a connection with my Apple Time Capsule. I have an iPhone 4S running iOS 6.1.

Global Posts
    15,721 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    7.x.x

John Yester
    Moderator Team Leader, iMore.com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12