GPS stuck on?

Reparkable

Sep 24, 2010
Visit site
My location services icon (little arrow) seems to be stuck on. I know how to reset it in the settings, but I'm more concerned why its happening. Anyone else have this problem?

I've removed all apps 'running in the background' too.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
go to settings>> Privacy>> Location Services>> and look at the list of apps... and also scroll down to system services and check what has been active by the purple arrows... and use the toggle switch by one(s) that might be purple, and see which one makes the GPS icon go away... toggle it back on - and see if the GPS icon comes back or not.

Reparkable

Sep 24, 2010
Visit site
Damn. That worked. Thank you.

I found the one app that had a purple arrow beside it and turned it off. And the stuck icon went away.

I found it odd however that I had closed that app from the list of apps in the recent used app list yet it was still using the service.

lmpotthoff

Mar 22, 2013
Visit site
go to settings>> Privacy>> Location Services>> and look at the list of apps... and also scroll down to system services and check what has been active by the purple arrows... and use the toggle switch by one(s) that might be purple, and see which one makes the GPS icon go away... toggle it back on - and see if the GPS icon comes back or not.

Thanks for your advice! I've been wondering how to get this to go away.

John Yester

Moderator Team Leader
Ambassador
May 23, 2012
Visit site
If you exited to home most apps stop "location services" upon completion of task or close right away. Some maintain ls for up to 10-30 minutes before closing. There are five issues you may try:
* force close all apps tracking related. Double tap home, hold an app to show the end task button and end all apps related to showing location.
* apps you want to avoid tracking can be prevented in settings/general/ls
* delete a problem app then reinstall later. May be malfunctioning.
* shut the iPhone off then reboot
* restore as backup or as new

pr1nce

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site

Great information! Thank you.