Did You Know...? (iOS Tips & Tricks)

linsiris

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
You can erase one number at a time in the calculator app when needed, instead of hitting the clear (c) button. All you have to do is swipe to the right on the numbers area.

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
When you receive an incoming call and do not wish to take it...Hitting the power button will send the call directly to voicemail. You can do the same with hitting the volume button too.

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
When you receive an incoming call and do not wish to take it...Hitting the power button will send the call directly to voicemail. You can do the same with hitting the volume button too.

Technically, hitting it once just silences the ring, I believe. Hitting it twice sends it to voicemail.

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Technically, hitting it once just silences the ring, I believe. Hitting it twice sends it to voicemail.
Actually Massie Ty for clarifying my post. I thought about it after but had to gout out to the store and forgot about it. You are indeed correct. Ty my friend. :)

linsiris

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
Another one not mentioned here and that many (but not) everybody knows, is that we can use the volume buttons to take pictures with any camera app (the stock included) instead of hitting the screen, IMO this gives a more camera-like experience.

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
Another one not mentioned here and that many (but not) everybody knows, is that we can use the volume buttons to take pictures with any camera app (the stock included) instead of hitting the screen, IMO this gives a more camera-like experience.

AND it also works with the volume up button on the headphone cord.

Donkichot

Oct 19, 2012
Visit site
Print screen anywhere on the iPad (or any iOS device):

I'm always surprise how many people's don't know that one !

To print screen hold the Home and Close bouton at the same time.
The picture is now in the Camera-Roll of the iPad !

Janey_G

Sep 21, 2012
Visit site
I might be the only one who didn't know this but if you are composing an email and want to attach a picture or video, press on the screen and where it says select, cut, etc there is an arrow that expands it to let you attach things.

I just found this out by accident and I thought it was the coolest thing. I was always starting emails from the picture I wanted to send. 😊

linsiris

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
I might be the only one who didn't know this but if you are composing an email and want to attach a picture or video, press on the screen and where it says select, cut, etc there is an arrow that expands it to let you attach things.

I just found this out by accident and I thought it was the coolest thing. I was always starting emails from the picture I wanted to send. 😊

You can also select multiple pics in photo app, copy and paste them on an email.

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site

I just found this out by accident and I thought it was the coolest thing. I was always starting emails from the picture I wanted to send. ��

To be fair, until iOS 6 came out you did have to start in the Photos app! The ability to add an attachment from within the email app is a pretty recent feature, and one that many people still don't know about.

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
...that tapping on the onscreen arrow in Panorama Mode will reverse the direction of your photo capture from left>right to right>left?

END

Sep 22, 2011
Visit site
To call someone who has an extension-
Go to their contact page and hit edit on the number you wish to add the extension to.
Then hold the bottom left key (+*#) and the number 4 will turn into a pause button.
Each pause is 2 seconds. Once you know how many seconds you need to pause before entering the extension just plop in as many pauses (commas) as you need followed by the extension , and then iOS will dial the number and extension for you.

:)

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
Use your Search box in Safari to search for a certain word within any web page: enter the word in the Search box at top right, then scroll past the web results is a section that says On This Page (x Matches). Tap that to highlight results.

image.jpg

taz323

Mar 10, 2013
Visit site
...that you can specify what Spotlight does and doesn't include in its search results by going to Settings>General>Spotlight Search?
View attachment 25817

That you can set your Home Button triple-click to a few different things, including Invert Colors (handy for night reading)? See Settings>General>Accessibility.
View attachment 25818

(Interesting: a screenshot taken with colors inverted still uploads as regular looking. Here's an example.)
View attachment 25819

That inverting colors is pretty cool, and looks great on the iPad - thanks

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711