Do Not Disturb is good, but...........
Today's glitch not withstanding, of which I was not effected, I like DND and use it nightly.
i cant though figure out why Apple decided it should only work when the phone is locked. I wake up sometimes and cant immediately go back to sleep. Naturally I pick up my Iphone and start reading something on the web to tire myself out. When an email comes in, I get the notification sound to which I invariably get kicked by my wife. I suppose I could silence my phone at night, but that defeats the purpose of DND, no?
Anybody annoyed by this? Anybody care to take a stab at the rationale?
- 01-01-2013, 05:17 PM #2
Re: Do Not Disturb is good, but...........
Yeah, but if you are actively using the phone you are seeing the notifications come in. I can use the mute switch, of course, but then why do I need DND?
- By Jerry5k in forum iPhone 5Replies: 28Last Post: 12-23-2013, 07:26 PM
- By jkeitz in forum iOS 6Replies: 71Last Post: 08-18-2013, 12:44 PM
- By kch50428 in forum iOS 6Replies: 21Last Post: 01-18-2013, 08:25 AM
- By talkin73 in forum Jailbreaking, Unlocking, Hacks, Themes & ModsReplies: 0Last Post: 09-08-2012, 11:34 PM
- By mstiffany7#IM in forum iOS 6Replies: 13Last Post: 08-31-2012, 11:21 PM