Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iMore Newbie

Global Posts
    32 Global Posts

Default IPhone Hotspot won't share

I cannot get any device to connect to my iphone 4s ios6 hotspot. That includes Windows 7 computer, Macbook Pro, or my IPad. My IPad and Macbook will connect using bluetooth but not the wifi. I have reset my network settings on my phone, and I have completely wiped my phone and setup as new. I am out of ideas, I was thinking of going to the Genius Bar, but wanted to try here first. Any help would be great.
    Last edited by allensize4; 12-19-2012 at 08:16 PM.
    iPhone Newbie

Global Posts
    237 Global Posts

Default Re: IPhone Hotspot won't share

I have no ideas try the genius bar and bring your macbook as well in case the problem is not with your phone. It could be that your computers security settings are set to only connect to access points and not ad hoc access points.
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    6,884 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS 6

I wonder if it's the same issue I was having. Do you turn on the hotspot and then close out of the settings? If so try this it's the same thing that happens to mine I don't know if it's by design or I should submit it as a bug. Go into settings turn on your hotpot leave the iPhone on that screen and then on your iPad go into the wireless and you should see it pop up after a little while. Once you join on the iPad then you can return to the homescreen on the iPhone. Give it a shot and let me know if it works.
    can't upgrade via iTunes check this thread http://forum.tipb.com/jailbreak-unlo...ml#post1717460
    ~32GB Space Grey iPhone 5s(Audi)~32GB Space Grey rMini ~ 15" i7 SSD 16GB rMBP(Omega) on Mavericks~
    iPheuria aka The Jailbr3ak kid (soon to be retired)
  4. Thread AuthorThread Author   #4  
    iMore Newbie

Global Posts
    32 Global Posts

I will give that a try. I honestly can't say how I have tried it. I never have thought about it.