Alert sounds controlled by music volume?

UKFan643

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
So I'm not sure if this is an iOS6 or an iPhone 5 problem, but I've noticed that my alert sounds are controlled by my music volume. I've noticed at times that my alarm wouldn't sound as loud every morning, even though at night I make sure to maximize the volume using the buttons on the side. So the screen shows that the volume is maxed out. I'm not plugged into a docking station or anything, it's just the phone. The other morning, my alarm didn't go off at all and I couldn't figure out why. I started looking at my phone and noticed that the music volume was all the way down. So I thought maybe that would only affect my alarm that uses music, but that's not true. I have a standard alarm as well and it also didn't sound. I also noticed that no matter what the main system volume says (checked by pressing the side volume control buttons) my lock sound and unlock sound are only as loud as my music volume slide is set. Does that all make sense? Is this by design or is it a flaw? It wasn't this way with my iPhone 4 using iOS 5. Any suggestions?

gc916

Aug 20, 2011
Visit site
I'm not sure this will help, but it might be worth a try: Settings>Sounds>Ringers and Alerts>Change with Buttons>Off

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2