iOS 6 mp3 Volume Issues

dfbjyoo

Oct 27, 2012
Visit site
I know this is pretty late to catch on, but I've noticed for a while that the mp3 volume on my iPhone 5 wasn't as loud as I remember than my iPhone 4. So I my friend and I tested the mp3 volume with both phones. For some strange reason, the volume on both devices was the same, a lot more quieter. Then I realized that both phones had iOS 6, so I then I thought it might be a software issue. So, I took a friend's iPhone 4 with iOS 5 and compared its mp3 volume to my iPhone 5. Once I began listening to the iPhone 4, I was surprised to heear that the volume was much louder. I then knew that the volume is a software issue. To double check to see if I was right, I quickly decided to listen to my friend's iPhone 4S (iOS 5) and some of my old iPod Touches. The volume was much louder on all those devices, compared to my old iPhone 4 with iOS 6 and my iPhone 5 (Obviously with iOS 6). I'm a little dissappointed in this. It did give me a shock at first, because I thought I was losing my hearing or something, but I'm pretty relieved that thats not the issue. Have any of you guys noticed this too, or is it just me? You guys should check it out if you have any older iOS devices that aren't running iOS 6. Tell me what you think.

dfbjyoo

Oct 27, 2012
Visit site
Oh and I forgot to mention, to test the volume, all the phones were on the same volume, just one block (the lowest volume) on the sound icon when you adjust the volume, if that makes sense.

Retconaddict

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
I know this is pretty late to catch on, but I've noticed for a while that the mp3 volume on my iPhone 5 wasn't as loud as I remember than my iPhone 4. So I my friend and I tested the mp3 volume with both phones. For some strange reason, the volume on both devices was the same, a lot more quieter. Then I realized that both phones had iOS 6, so I then I thought it might be a software issue. So, I took a friend's iPhone 4 with iOS 5 and compared its mp3 volume to my iPhone 5. Once I began listening to the iPhone 4, I was surprised to heear that the volume was much louder. I then knew that the volume is a software issue. To double check to see if I was right, I quickly decided to listen to my friend's iPhone 4S (iOS 5) and some of my old iPod Touches. The volume was much louder on all those devices, compared to my old iPhone 4 with iOS 6 and my iPhone 5 (Obviously with iOS 6). I'm a little dissappointed in this. It did give me a shock at first, because I thought I was losing my hearing or something, but I'm pretty relieved that thats not the issue. Have any of you guys noticed this too, or is it just me? You guys should check it out if you have any older iOS devices that aren't running iOS 6. Tell me what you think.

My iphone 5 is quieter, and seems to lack fullness, but when I had the 4S and upgraded it to iOS 6 I noticed no difference in volume. My ipad 2 on iOS 6 is also louder than my iphone 5. I think it's an issue with the 5's hardware.

duncaterro

Dec 13, 2012
Visit site
Oh and I forgot to mention, to test the volume
12a3.jpg

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Modernormal