Icloud backup and Hotspots
I'm hoping someone can shine some light on this for me. I'm considering canceling my 3G service for my ipad2 and switching over to tethering using my lumia 920. The ipad is set to backup when it's connected to a wifi network and plugged in. What's keeping it from using my lumia's network to backup if I were to charge my ipad away from my home wifi connection? I can just see me blowing through data if this were to happen. I've seen options on other tablets to only backup on certain networks but that doesn't seem to be the case with apple devices. Any help would be appreciated!
- 12-07-2012, 03:48 PM #2
- 12-07-2012, 04:33 PM #3
Re: Icloud backup and Hotspots
Due to the way iCloud backup works I don't think it would be able to differentiate between the connections you're using. However unless you start a manual iCloud backup it only runs when your device is locked. So wouldn't your iPad only be tethered while you're using it? The next thing to do in that case is whenever it's tethered set the automatic lock time to Never and then never lock the iPad.
- By Ringfinger in forum iTunesReplies: 4Last Post: 11-26-2012, 07:46 PM
- By gopowercat#AC in forum iCloudReplies: 6Last Post: 09-18-2012, 09:37 AM
- By hotrod#AC in forum Jailbreaking, Unlocking, Hacks, Themes & ModsReplies: 20Last Post: 09-28-2011, 08:20 AM
- By lineskier22 in forum iPhone 4Replies: 9Last Post: 06-24-2010, 05:58 PM
- By flyingember in forum Jailbreaking, Unlocking, Hacks, Themes & ModsReplies: 0Last Post: 09-05-2009, 10:50 PM