Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 36
Like Tree10Likes
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    Byzantium's Avatar
    iPhone Newbie

    Posts
    17 Posts
    Global Posts
    191 Global Posts

    Question Did you guys hear Kevin of Crackberry say that nobody at Apple uses 2 hands to type?

    46:15 in the podcast today.

    http://traffic.libsyn.com/phonediffe...oreshow326.mp3

    I had no idea that Apple took one-handed use that seriously...
  2. #2  
    ridiculocity's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    279 Posts
    iOS Version
    5.1.1 / 6

    Default Did you guys hear Kevin of Crackberry say that nobody at Apple uses 2 hands to type?

    Honestly that podcast was hard to listen to today and participate in chat room. Seemed like a constant bashing of apple and the people who joined the chat room were very bitter and nasty. Hope they don't become regulars.
    Check out my band DreadCircus - http://www.jadestarr.com.au
    iPhone 5 64GB / iPad mini 16GB / iPad 2 64GB / Apple TV / MacBook Pro
    Team Jailbreak!!!
  3. #3  
    JustMe'D's Avatar

    Posts
    22,979 Posts
    Global Posts
    23,215 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    7.0.4

    Default Did you guys hear Kevin of Crackberry say that nobody at Apple uses 2 hands to type?

    Quote Originally Posted by ridiculocity View Post
    Honestly that podcast was hard to listen to today and participate in chat room. Seemed like a constant bashing of apple and the people who joined the chat room were very bitter and nasty. Hope they don't become regulars.
    I forgot all about it last night because I was watching football. I'll listen to it later today and post feedback on it.
  4. Thread AuthorThread Author   #4  
    Byzantium's Avatar
    iPhone Newbie

    Posts
    17 Posts
    Global Posts
    191 Global Posts

    Default Re: Did you guys hear Kevin of Crackberry say that nobody at Apple uses 2 hands to type?

    I wish Rene had put in his 2 cents about the whole thing. I think a lot of people would be surprised by this piece of info.
  5. #5  
    JustMe'D's Avatar

    Posts
    22,979 Posts
    Global Posts
    23,215 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    7.0.4

    Default Did you guys hear Kevin of Crackberry say that nobody at Apple uses 2 hands to type?

    I'm listening to the podcast at this very minute and I don't think it's a bash Apple conversation per se. Kevin is being Kevin. He is *being truthful based on his experience* and even Renè is being objective in the conversation. Could he use better descriptions instead of calling the iPhone "boring", for example? Sure, but if that is how he feels about it, so be it. Many current iPhone users have migrated from other platforms, including myself and when I initially left Blackberry and bought an iPhone 3G, I was frustrated at times because I was so used to maneuvering around in Blackberry. Still, I liked the device, but I liked the Blackberry more. Now, however, I use the iOS platform effectively and I'm accustomed to it UI. Anyway, back to the podcast, I'm okay with what's being discussed as well as Kevin's take on iOS and the iPhone, but that's Just Me, D...
    Last edited by JustMe'D; 11-19-2012 at 12:31 PM.
    zeteo likes this.
  6. #6  
    kch50428's Avatar

    Posts
    11,222 Posts
    Global Posts
    12,103 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    7.0

    Default Re: Did you guys hear Kevin of Crackberry say that nobody at Apple uses 2 hands to type?

    Kevin is being Kevin.
    Yup. Pretentious & condescending towards anything that's not RIM....

    Asking Kevin to objectively evaluate any tech that's not RIM is kind of like asking a BurgerKing franchisee to talk about the virtues of McDonalds because both are fast food burger places... an utter waste of time.
    Keith - iMore Moderator - The Mobile Nations/iMore Forum Rules
     iPhone5 on VZW;  iPad(2012) - wifi with BadElf for GPS
    "When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser." -- Socrates
    JustMe'D likes this.
  7. #7  
    Sharma15's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    433 Posts
    Global Posts
    823 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    6.0.1

    Default Did you guys hear Kevin of Crackberry say that nobody at Apple uses 2 hands to type?

    Quote Originally Posted by kch50428 View Post
    Yup. Pretentious & condescending towards anything that's not RIM....

    Asking Kevin to objectively evaluate any tech that's not RIM is kind of like asking a BurgerKing franchisee to talk about the virtues of McDonalds because both are fast food burger places... an utter waste of time.
    How is pointing out flaws in the iPhone being pretentious? He probably has more apple products than some writers of iMore so his views are directly based on his usage. Not like he's just hating on the products blindly he actually pointed out problems with the iPhone and iOS.
    zeteo likes this.
  8. #8  
    Retconaddict's Avatar
    iPhone Intermediate

    Posts
    100 Posts

    Default Did you guys hear Kevin of Crackberry say that nobody at Apple uses 2 hands to type?

    Quote Originally Posted by kch50428 View Post
    Yup. Pretentious & condescending towards anything that's not RIM....

    Asking Kevin to objectively evaluate any tech that's not RIM is kind of like asking a BurgerKing franchisee to talk about the virtues of McDonalds because both are fast food burger places... an utter waste of time.
    Random, but I remember when I was at school the manager of the local McDonald's came in to talk in our business studies class and told us he honestly preferred Burger King.
  9. #9  
    ridiculocity's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    279 Posts
    iOS Version
    5.1.1 / 6

    Default Did you guys hear Kevin of Crackberry say that nobody at Apple uses 2 hands to type?

    Kevin wasn't so bad. I guess the nastiness in the chat room made it seem worse.
    Check out my band DreadCircus - http://www.jadestarr.com.au
    iPhone 5 64GB / iPad mini 16GB / iPad 2 64GB / Apple TV / MacBook Pro
    Team Jailbreak!!!
  10. #10  
    rayz336's Avatar

    Posts
    2,630 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,840 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    7.0.3

    Default Did you guys hear Kevin of Crackberry say that nobody at Apple uses 2 hands to type?

    I definitely enjoyed Kevin's take on the iPhone, he's one of my favorite tech writers and owns pretty much every device so I can respect his opinion.

    I didn't think Apple took one-handed use that seriously either but I wish the screen was a bit wider because it would make things more comfortable.
  11. #11  
    Ipheuria's Avatar
    iMore Genius

    Posts
    6,867 Posts
    Global Posts
    6,903 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS 6

    Default Re: Did you guys hear Kevin of Crackberry say that nobody at Apple uses 2 hands to type?

    I haven't listened to the podcast yet but as Apple lovers the hazing will seem worste to you, us. It might only be a product but as humans we really become attached to things and for anyone saying negative things whether truthful or not it makes us defensive. In the end people are people and choice will always exist. I'm sure on a Blackberry podcast there are Apple people bashing all the backwards things of Blackberrys and on Crackberry forums they are probably having a conversation like the one we're having right now. It's the circle of devices everyone has to be willing to admit there is no perfect platform they all have problems and things that could be better that is why new features and updates exist. Does it bother me that someone with a Blackberry thinks my iPhone is boring, locked down, no secure? Not really it does what I want it to do and when they are willing to buy me a Blackberry device then we'll talk.
    As for guests on the show it is what it is I mean when Dalrymple is on it turns into a why Apple is better than Windows episode. I use both and it kinda makes me a little peeved for a second then I realize the audience that they are talking to are all people who probably feel the same and had the same experiences. Then I just enjoy the podcast.

    - - - Updated - - -

    I haven't listened to the podcast yet but as Apple lovers the hazing will seem worste to you, us. It might only be a product but as humans we really become attached to things and for anyone saying negative things whether truthful or not it makes us defensive. In the end people are people and choice will always exist. I'm sure on a Blackberry podcast there are Apple people bashing all the backwards things of Blackberrys and on Crackberry forums they are probably having a conversation like the one we're having right now. It's the circle of devices everyone has to be willing to admit there is no perfect platform they all have problems and things that could be better that is why new features and updates exist. Does it bother me that someone with a Blackberry thinks my iPhone is boring, locked down, no secure? Not really it does what I want it to do and when they are willing to buy me a Blackberry device then we'll talk.
    As for guests on the show it is what it is I mean when Dalrymple is on it turns into a why Apple is better than Windows episode. I use both and it kinda makes me a little peeved for a second then I realize the audience that they are talking to are all people who probably feel the same and had the same experiences. Then I just enjoy the podcast.
    can't upgrade via iTunes check this thread http://forum.tipb.com/jailbreak-unlo...ml#post1717460
    ~32GB Space Grey iPhone 5s(Audi)~32GB Space Grey rMini ~ 15" i7 SSD 16GB rMBP(Omega) on Mavericks~
    iPheuria aka The Jailbr3ak kid (soon to be retired)
  12. #12  
    JustMe'D's Avatar

    Posts
    22,979 Posts
    Global Posts
    23,215 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    7.0.4

    Default Did you guys hear Kevin of Crackberry say that nobody at Apple uses 2 hands to type?

    Quote Originally Posted by rayz336 View Post
    I definitely enjoyed Kevin's take on the iPhone, he's one of my favorite tech writers and owns pretty much every device so I can respect his opinion.

    I didn't think Apple took one-handed use that seriously either but I wish the screen was a bit wider because it would make things more comfortable.
    The things he complained about, in my opinion, were legitimate and some of those complaints have been expressed here in this forum. Being that iMore is primarily a place for iPhone enthusiasts, I can see how his comments might be construed as bashing. Still, he was asked to share his thoughts and he did so without a great deal of restraint. Period. I didn't think he was trying to be disrespectful or anything like that.
    Last edited by JustMe'D; 11-19-2012 at 04:37 PM.
    rayz336 likes this.
  13. #13  
    rdrum's Avatar
    iMore Beginner

    Posts
    64 Posts
    Global Posts
    97 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    6.0.1

    Default Re: Did you guys hear Kevin of Crackberry say that nobody at Apple uses 2 hands to type?

    I haven't listed to the podcast and, based on the comments in this thread so far, will probably just avoid it. I think a lot of people become attached to their device and become accustomed to a way to use it. People generally take it poorly when someone challenges them with "your device is terrible, here's a list why, and so on". I've used Windows phones, Blackberry and iPhone. I like them all for what they do and how they do it. Each has strengths and weaknesses. People bashing other people for the phone they choose to carry is like bashing people for liking a particular type of food. It all comes down to taste and the device that gives the user the best experience based upon what they need, want and expect from it.

    - - - Updated - - -

    I haven't listed to the podcast and, based on the comments in this thread so far, will probably just avoid it. I think a lot of people become attached to their device and become accustomed to a way to use it. People generally take it poorly when someone challenges them with "your device is terrible, here's a list why, and so on". I've used Windows phones, Blackberry and iPhone. I like them all for what they do and how they do it. Each has strengths and weaknesses. People bashing other people for the phone they choose to carry is like bashing people for liking a particular type of food. It all comes down to taste and the device that gives the user the best experience based upon what they need, want and expect from it.
  14. #14  
    JustMe'D's Avatar

    Posts
    22,979 Posts
    Global Posts
    23,215 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    7.0.4

    Default Did you guys hear Kevin of Crackberry say that nobody at Apple uses 2 hands to type?

    Quote Originally Posted by rdrum View Post
    I haven't listed to the podcast and, based on the comments in this thread so far, will probably just avoid it. I think a lot of people become attached to their device and become accustomed to a way to use it. People generally take it poorly when someone challenges them with "your device is terrible, here's a list why, and so on". I've used Windows phones, Blackberry and iPhone. I like them all for what they do and how they do it. Each has strengths and weaknesses. People bashing other people for the phone they choose to carry is like bashing people for liking a particular type of food. It all comes down to taste and the device that gives the user the best experience based upon what they need, want and expect from it.

    - - - Updated - - -

    I haven't listed to the podcast and, based on the comments in this thread so far, will probably just avoid it. I think a lot of people become attached to their device and become accustomed to a way to use it. People generally take it poorly when someone challenges them with "your device is terrible, here's a list why, and so on". I've used Windows phones, Blackberry and iPhone. I like them all for what they do and how they do it. Each has strengths and weaknesses. People bashing other people for the phone they choose to carry is like bashing people for liking a particular type of food. It all comes down to taste and the device that gives the user the best experience based upon what they need, want and expect from it.
    Don't avoid listening to it. It's not as bad it may sound. I found the conversation quite interesting and informative and as for Kevin, he was just blunt. That's all.
    Last edited by JustMe'D; 11-19-2012 at 10:13 PM.
  15. #15  
    Kevin Michaluk's Avatar
    Administrator

    Posts
    45 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,706 Global Posts

    Default Re: Did you guys hear Kevin of Crackberry say that nobody at Apple uses 2 hands to type?

    Good conversation here folks! Definitely a podcast worth listening to if I do say so myself.

    @kch50428 How'd you know I love Burger King? Lol. I disagree with the comment about about objectiveness/etc. In reality, what I've discovered is that us Mobile Nations guys are the least biased out there, because we state our obvious bias up front. I'm very much a "platform champion" for BlackBerry, as Rene is for Apple and Phil for Android and Dan for Windows Phone. We definitely want to see our platforms succeed, and we know their strengths/weaknesses inside and out. So yes, when talking about our "home" platforms, we can justify anything and everything when we want to and if we need to. But our position on that is clear. However, when it comes to discussing other platforms, we're the best out there as we don't hold back once we're talking. Most tech sites out there who are covering all platforms tend to be a little reserved, as they don't want to tick anybody off. But I am definitely very "blunt" when it comes to what I think is good and bad about other platforms, manufacturers, etc.. It's very easy to call it as I see it. And as pointed out, I own a ridiculous amount of Apple gear. I own enough, use it enough that I definitely feel like I can get away my rants there. But really, I wasn't ranting... think everything I pointed out was fair, also as noted above.

    @Gaius Yeah, I was shocked when I learned that too, but it makes sense. A company like BlackBerry is a two thumb typing culture. Apple, one thumb. Kinda crazy, but it makes sense and explains a lot. There's a reason they didn't want to make that iPhone 5 any wider... and that was a large part of it. As soon as you go wider, it makes it hard to type with one thumb.

    Big thanks to Rene for having me on the show. Rene is a great debater, and on this show he let me vent a lot. We'll get into some great mobile debates in future cross platform discussions and podcasts.
  16. #16  
    Karenkcoulter's Avatar

    Posts
    7,850 Posts
    Global Posts
    7,855 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS 6.1.3

    Default Did you guys hear Kevin of Crackberry say that nobody at Apple uses 2 hands to type?

    I'm definitely a one-handed typist on the iPhone. Unless it is more than a few sentences, and them ill switch to two hands.
  17. #17  
    Waiting for BlackBerry 10's Avatar
    iPhone Nanite

    Posts
    2 Posts
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts

    Default Re: Did you guys hear Kevin of Crackberry say that nobody at Apple uses 2 hands to type?

    I really enjoyed that podcast. I'm waiting to give BlackBerry 10 a try when it comes out. I love my iPhone, but like the communication experience BB10 is offering. Worth a try anyways. I know I can always come back to iPhone.

    - - - Updated - - -

    I really enjoyed that podcast. I'm waiting to give BlackBerry 10 a try when it comes out. I love my iPhone, but like the communication experience BB10 is offering. Worth a try anyways. I know I can always come back to iPhone.
  18. #18  
    BlackBerry Guy's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    495 Posts
    Global Posts
    4,067 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    7.1

    Default Re: Did you guys hear Kevin of Crackberry say that nobody at Apple uses 2 hands to type?

    It's very easy to get your back up against the wall when someone is being critical (big difference from trolling or insulting) of something you own and use (BlackBerry users know this feeling all too well). But if you take a step back and listen to what they have to say, you may gain perspective. All platforms have their weaknesses...it's better to know what they are than bury your head in the sand and be ignorant.
    Last edited by BlackBerry Guy; 11-19-2012 at 11:39 PM.
  19. #19  
    Waiting for BlackBerry 10's Avatar
    iPhone Nanite

    Posts
    2 Posts
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts

    Default Re: Did you guys hear Kevin of Crackberry say that nobody at Apple uses 2 hands to type?

    One thing I took out of that podcast that I agree with too is what Kevin said about all smartphone platforms being pretty good these days. It's true. They all will get you from A to B. After that, it's on the user to pick their flavor.

    - - - Updated - - -

    One thing I took out of that podcast that I agree with too is what Kevin said about all smartphone platforms being pretty good these days. It's true. They all will get you from A to B. After that, it's on the user to pick their flavor.
  20. Thread AuthorThread Author   #20  
    Byzantium's Avatar
    iPhone Newbie

    Posts
    17 Posts
    Global Posts
    191 Global Posts

    Default Re: Did you guys hear Kevin of Crackberry say that nobody at Apple uses 2 hands to type?

    Anybody who can't listen to somebody badmouth their phone without getting upset and angry needs to get a life, if the comments about the chat room that night are true.
  21. #21  
    piranhadonna's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    347 Posts
    Global Posts
    426 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    8.0

    Default Did you guys hear Kevin of Crackberry say that nobody at Apple uses 2 hands to type?

    I really enjoyed the podcast. I like that you pointed out what Apple can do to make the iPhone better. I also completely agree with you. I have owned both Blackberry and Android. I like things about each, but prefer my iPhone. Even though I prefer my iPhone I would really like to try out the Blackberry 10 and if I had the money to do so I would.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Michaluk View Post
    Good conversation here folks! Definitely a podcast worth listening to if I do say so myself.

    @kch50428 How'd you know I love Burger King? Lol. I disagree with the comment about about objectiveness/etc. In reality, what I've discovered is that us Mobile Nations guys are the least biased out there, because we state our obvious bias up front. I'm very much a "platform champion" for BlackBerry, as Rene is for Apple and Phil for Android and Dan for Windows Phone. We definitely want to see our platforms succeed, and we know their strengths/weaknesses inside and out. So yes, when talking about our "home" platforms, we can justify anything and everything when we want to and if we need to. But our position on that is clear. However, when it comes to discussing other platforms, we're the best out there as we don't hold back once we're talking. Most tech sites out there who are covering all platforms tend to be a little reserved, as they don't want to tick anybody off. But I am definitely very "blunt" when it comes to what I think is good and bad about other platforms, manufacturers, etc.. It's very easy to call it as I see it. And as pointed out, I own a ridiculous amount of Apple gear. I own enough, use it enough that I definitely feel like I can get away my rants there. But really, I wasn't ranting... think everything I pointed out was fair, also as noted above.

    @Gaius Yeah, I was shocked when I learned that too, but it makes sense. A company like BlackBerry is a two thumb typing culture. Apple, one thumb. Kinda crazy, but it makes sense and explains a lot. There's a reason they didn't want to make that iPhone 5 any wider... and that was a large part of it. As soon as you go wider, it makes it hard to type with one thumb.

    Big thanks to Rene for having me on the show. Rene is a great debater, and on this show he let me vent a lot. We'll get into some great mobile debates in future cross platform discussions and podcasts.
  22. #22  
    cardfan's Avatar
    iMore Elite

    Posts
    2,157 Posts
    Global Posts
    5,781 Global Posts

    Default Re: Did you guys hear Kevin of Crackberry say that nobody at Apple uses 2 hands to type?

    I thought it was a great podcast. Being objective is always good.

    One point you lost me on is this idea of "platform champion." That RIM needed this base of enthusiasts. I agree. Same thing with Palm. My only regret is that many long timers over at Treocentral (now webOS nation) got banned for being passionate. If it's a good thing to call them out when they're going the wrong way, well, it's obvious Palm (and then HP) were going many wrong ways. As a result, they were often called on it. That stuff didn't fly in the forums. Instead we saw the ultimate fanboys getting promoted to mods and suspending, or banning others left and right. You even made a club or brigade of such users with cute little badges. Cliques developed within that forum. Debates were discouraged. Being negative about Palm in any way was frowned upon.

    It didn't matter how much you contributed over the years or what relationships you had with other users. Mod banned you and that's it. There was no rational discussion to be had. Their way or the highway. Yet on the frontpage or in podcasts, it was anything goes. Two different worlds. I'm sure there's not much left over there now. The only time I really notice is seeing I have hardly any global posts when it should be around 2 or 3k.

    I encourage people to champion their platforms but don't be afraid to be objective. Having nothing negative to say is just as nauseating as having nothing positive to say.
  23. #23  
    Ipheuria's Avatar
    iMore Genius

    Posts
    6,867 Posts
    Global Posts
    6,903 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS 6

    Default Re: Did you guys hear Kevin of Crackberry say that nobody at Apple uses 2 hands to type?

    Quote Originally Posted by JustMe'D View Post
    The things he complained about, in my opinion, were legitimate and some of those complaints have been expressed here in this forum. Being that iMore is primarily a place for iPhone enthusiasts, I can see how his comments might be construed as bashing. Still, he was asked to share his thoughts and he did so without a great deal of restraint. Period. I didn't think he was trying to be disrespectful or anything like that.
    I don't fully agree with this. Yes for the most part I found his comments and criticisms to be good and helpful. But on a few ocassions his bias was obvious and he was also blaming the device for user error or knowledge. He complained aobut features being buried and not intuitive which I agree with but don't say Blackberry is any better. This is a personal bias because after using the platform for so long it feels intuitive. I have used a Storm before for a week and to me requiring users to hit the "Blackberry" key for additional options when doing something as simple as adding a contact is not intuitive. Every platform has their inconsistencies, their way of doing things and they aren't intuitive. When he complained about his iPhone still getting iMessages even though the SIM was out and in another device. There is an iMessage setting that you had to enable so it's user error or knowledge that when you're switching to another device you turn off the iMessage feature in settings. In a few instances when he would say Blackberry would be smart enough to do this I felt like it sounded like a personal bias. I think if I was to use a Blackberry I would very well say "Oh the iPhone would definitely have been smart enough to know I wanted to...". It was still a great podcast he had tons of good points and criticisms and interesting things to say.
    can't upgrade via iTunes check this thread http://forum.tipb.com/jailbreak-unlo...ml#post1717460
    ~32GB Space Grey iPhone 5s(Audi)~32GB Space Grey rMini ~ 15" i7 SSD 16GB rMBP(Omega) on Mavericks~
    iPheuria aka The Jailbr3ak kid (soon to be retired)
    kch50428 likes this.
  24. #24  
    rayz336's Avatar

    Posts
    2,630 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,840 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    7.0.3

    Default Did you guys hear Kevin of Crackberry say that nobody at Apple uses 2 hands to type?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ipheuria View Post
    I don't fully agree with this. Yes for the most part I found his comments and criticisms to be good and helpful. But on a few ocassions his bias was obvious and he was also blaming the device for user error or knowledge. He complained aobut features being buried and not intuitive which I agree with but don't say Blackberry is any better. This is a personal bias because after using the platform for so long it feels intuitive. I have used a Storm before for a week and to me requiring users to hit the "Blackberry" key for additional options when doing something as simple as adding a contact is not intuitive. Every platform has their inconsistencies, their way of doing things and they aren't intuitive. When he complained about his iPhone still getting iMessages even though the SIM was out and in another device. There is an iMessage setting that you had to enable so it's user error or knowledge that when you're switching to another device you turn off the iMessage feature in settings. In a few instances when he would say Blackberry would be smart enough to do this I felt like it sounded like a personal bias. I think if I was to use a Blackberry I would very well say "Oh the iPhone would definitely have been smart enough to know I wanted to...". It was still a great podcast he had tons of good points and criticisms and interesting things to say.
    When you switch a SIM card in a Blackberry it does stop receiving BBMs, so it sounded like bias but it was true. The BB key use is pretty much consistent. When I use my Curve, I know that every option I have is under the BB key. It's little things like consistency that make devices that much better. These are things that will make every platform that much better as they are addressed.
  25. #25  
    JustMe'D's Avatar

    Posts
    22,979 Posts
    Global Posts
    23,215 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    7.0.4

    Default Did you guys hear Kevin of Crackberry say that nobody at Apple uses 2 hands to type?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ipheuria View Post
    I don't fully agree with this.
    No problem
    Yes for the most part I found his comments and criticisms to be good and helpful.
    Me, too.
    But on a few ocassions his bias was obvious and he was also blaming the device for user error or knowledge.
    That is true, but a majority of complaints about any platform is often in response to what a user haven't figured out how to do or found it inconvenient to do in the current manner.
    He complained aobut features being buried and not intuitive which I agree with but don't say Blackberry is any better.
    He didn't have to, in my opinion. René asked him for his take on the iPhone and not the other way around. Still, I see what you're saying.
    This is a personal bias because after using the platform for so long it feels intuitive.
    No doubt about it.
    I have used a Storm before for a week and to me requiring users to hit the "Blackberry" key for additional options when doing something as simple as adding a contact is not intuitive.
    Understood
    Every platform has their inconsistencies, their way of doing things and they aren't intuitive.
    I agree that every platform has their inconsistencies & way of doing things, but I disagree in regard to them not being intuitive. You stated above that using a platform long enough will feel intuitive and that is true.
    When he complained about his iPhone still getting iMessages even though the SIM was out and in another device. There is an iMessage setting that you had to enable so it's user error or knowledge that when you're switching to another device you turn off the iMessage feature in settings.
    okay
    In a few instances when he would say Blackberry would be smart enough to do this I felt like it sounded like a personal bias.
    It is a personal bias, but that doesn't mean it isn't true.
    I think if I was to use a Blackberry I would very well say "Oh the iPhone would definitely have been smart enough to know I wanted to...".
    (laughing)...I hear ya.
    It was still a great podcast he had tons of good points and criticisms and interesting things to say.
    I agree and I appreciate your point of view. I really do. Keep speaking your mind, my friend...
    Thanked by:
    Sharma15 (11-20-2012)
    Ipheuria and Sharma15 like this.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. How did you hear about tipb?
    By ghostface147 in forum iPhone 4
    Replies: 40
    Last Post: 01-29-2011, 08:23 PM
  2. Did you guys see
    By ssflo in forum Accessories
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-02-2010, 09:02 AM
  3. What do you guys think of a charging case?
    By aprasad in forum Accessories
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 07-28-2009, 07:47 PM
  4. Any of you guys 49er fans??? (i9erNews)
    By dmackdaddy in forum iPhone Apps & Games
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 01-07-2009, 08:31 PM
  5. Replies: 18
    Last Post: 12-18-2008, 10:18 AM

Posting Permissions