Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 26 to 36 of 36
Like Tree10Likes
  1. #26  
    cckgz4's Avatar
    iMore Beginner

    Posts
    84 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,799 Global Posts

    Default Re: Did you guys hear Kevin of Crackberry say that nobody at Apple uses 2 hands to type?

    I don't think I could ever sit through a podcast
  2. #27  
    dcjose48's Avatar
    iPhone Nanite

    Posts
    5 Posts
    Global Posts
    26 Global Posts

    Default Did you guys hear Kevin of Crackberry say that nobody at Apple uses 2 hands to type?

    This is my first post here and I am still getting to know the people on the websites, but I have to disagree with one of the criticism Kevin made. He talked about how he messed up setting an alarm on the iPhone and how it could have been avoided if it had a countdown display like android does. Yes I've had android before and did like that feature, but ultimately why not just check after setting the alarm after its set. This just seemed like knit picking to me. Just my 2 cents.
    Heisenberg likes this.
  3. #28  
    rayz336's Avatar

    Posts
    2,593 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,803 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    7.0.3

    Default Did you guys hear Kevin of Crackberry say that nobody at Apple uses 2 hands to type?

    Quote Originally Posted by dcjose48 View Post
    This is my first post here and I am still getting to know the people on the websites, but I have to disagree with one of the criticism Kevin made. He talked about how he messed up setting an alarm on the iPhone and how it could have been avoided if it had a countdown display like android does. Yes I've had android before and did like that feature, but ultimately why not just check after setting the alarm after its set. This just seemed like knit picking to me. Just my 2 cents.
    I think it was more of that he was asked about his thoughts on how to change the platform for the better and since he missed something because of an alarm that was set wrong he saw a way to fix that. I think it's a small thing that could go a long way in helping user experience with the device and is something I miss from Android as well.
  4. #29  
    Ipheuria's Avatar
    iMore Genius

    Posts
    6,848 Posts
    Global Posts
    6,884 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS 6

    Default Re: Did you guys hear Kevin of Crackberry say that nobody at Apple uses 2 hands to type?

    Quote Originally Posted by rayz336 View Post
    When you switch a SIM card in a Blackberry it does stop receiving BBMs, so it sounded like bias but it was true. ...
    I wasn't saying that was a biased opinion for that one I said he was blaming the iPhone for user error or knowledge. The iPhone uses iMessage and there is an option to enable it in the Settings. So a user can't say they didn't know about the option because they had to enable it. If you enabled it then it goes to reason that when you switch the SIM out you also have to disable it because it not only uses your number(text) it also uses your email. The iPhone continued to get the iMessags because it was on Wifi and he didn't disable the feature. I'm not making a big deal out of it I'm just saying there were a few instances where his points weren't 100% valid. I've given my iPhone 4 to my cousin and he doesn't get any of my iMessages because before I handed it over I went through all the settings I know that were enabled or setup and turned them off or removed them.
    can't upgrade via iTunes check this thread http://forum.tipb.com/jailbreak-unlo...ml#post1717460
    ~32GB Space Grey iPhone 5s(Audi)~32GB Space Grey rMini ~ 15" i7 SSD 16GB rMBP(Omega) on Mavericks~
    iPheuria aka The Jailbr3ak kid (soon to be retired)
  5. #30  
    Ipheuria's Avatar
    iMore Genius

    Posts
    6,848 Posts
    Global Posts
    6,884 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS 6

    Default Re: Did you guys hear Kevin of Crackberry say that nobody at Apple uses 2 hands to type?

    Quote Originally Posted by cckgz4 View Post
    I don't think I could ever sit through a podcast
    you're missing out I've been listening for almost 5 years now and I have never missed one.
    can't upgrade via iTunes check this thread http://forum.tipb.com/jailbreak-unlo...ml#post1717460
    ~32GB Space Grey iPhone 5s(Audi)~32GB Space Grey rMini ~ 15" i7 SSD 16GB rMBP(Omega) on Mavericks~
    iPheuria aka The Jailbr3ak kid (soon to be retired)
  6. #31  
    rayz336's Avatar

    Posts
    2,593 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,803 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    7.0.3

    Default Did you guys hear Kevin of Crackberry say that nobody at Apple uses 2 hands to type?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ipheuria View Post
    I wasn't saying that was a biased opinion for that one I said he was blaming the iPhone for user error or knowledge. The iPhone uses iMessage and there is an option to enable it in the Settings. So a user can't say they didn't know about the option because they had to enable it. If you enabled it then it goes to reason that when you switch the SIM out you also have to disable it because it not only uses your number(text) it also uses your email. The iPhone continued to get the iMessags because it was on Wifi and he didn't disable the feature. I'm not making a big deal out of it I'm just saying there were a few instances where his points weren't 100% valid. I've given my iPhone 4 to my cousin and he doesn't get any of my iMessages because before I handed it over I went through all the settings I know that were enabled or setup and turned them off or removed them.
    I understand your point but I was just saying that's what he expected to happen and when it didn't he saw it as something that could be made to work more easily. However, I do understand that there are settings will fix this.
  7. #32  
    Ipheuria's Avatar
    iMore Genius

    Posts
    6,848 Posts
    Global Posts
    6,884 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS 6

    Default Re: Did you guys hear Kevin of Crackberry say that nobody at Apple uses 2 hands to type?

    Quote Originally Posted by JustMe'D View Post
    No problem Me, too. That is true, but a majority of complaints about any platform is often in response to what a user haven't figured out how to do or found it inconvenient to do in the current manner. He didn't have to, in my opinion. René asked him for his take on the iPhone and not the other way around. Still, I see what you're saying. No doubt about it. Understood I agree that every platform has their inconsistencies & way of doing things, but I disagree in regard to them not being intuitive. You stated above that using a platform long enough will feel intuitive and that is true. okay It is a personal bias, but that doesn't mean it isn't true. (laughing)...I hear ya.
    I agree and I appreciate your point of view. I really do. Keep speaking your mind, my friend...
    This is definitely a great convo and ultimately I think that is the thing podcasts are made to do is create conversations. What I meant by the platforms having their ways of doing things and it isn't intuitive. Is that as a user becomes familiar with the platform things seem like second nature. I should have used second nature instead of intuitive. So even though the way the platform does things is not intuitive the user has done it so often that they become acustomed to doing it and it feels natural. The way of doing it is still not intuitive for the platform. An example is the way Apple does attachments of pictures in the mail app which I think Kevin mentioned. I've been using iOS for 5 years now and the new method to do it was intro'd in iOS 6 but the other day although I knew there was an easier way for the life of me I could remember it. So I resorted to openning the photos app and copy and past into the email. It's the way I've become accustomed to do it so it's second nature until I re-learn the new easier method. Once I sent the email I suddenly remembered that you tap and hold to choose the input method but if I have to think and try to remember that isn't intuitive. Intuitive is you're in the email you want to attach a photo you tap an icon with a paper clip and then choose your photo done. It's something that you do instinctively because a paper clip is used to attach things to paper documents and using all sorts of other clients that is the attachment method.
    can't upgrade via iTunes check this thread http://forum.tipb.com/jailbreak-unlo...ml#post1717460
    ~32GB Space Grey iPhone 5s(Audi)~32GB Space Grey rMini ~ 15" i7 SSD 16GB rMBP(Omega) on Mavericks~
    iPheuria aka The Jailbr3ak kid (soon to be retired)
    JustMe'D likes this.
  8. #33  
    Ipheuria's Avatar
    iMore Genius

    Posts
    6,848 Posts
    Global Posts
    6,884 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS 6

    Default Re: Did you guys hear Kevin of Crackberry say that nobody at Apple uses 2 hands to type?

    got ya :-)
    can't upgrade via iTunes check this thread http://forum.tipb.com/jailbreak-unlo...ml#post1717460
    ~32GB Space Grey iPhone 5s(Audi)~32GB Space Grey rMini ~ 15" i7 SSD 16GB rMBP(Omega) on Mavericks~
    iPheuria aka The Jailbr3ak kid (soon to be retired)
  9. #34  
    Ipheuria's Avatar
    iMore Genius

    Posts
    6,848 Posts
    Global Posts
    6,884 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS 6

    Default Re: Did you guys hear Kevin of Crackberry say that nobody at Apple uses 2 hands to type?

    Quote Originally Posted by rayz336 View Post
    I understand your point but I was just saying that's what he expected to happen and when it didn't he saw it as something that could be made to work more easily. However, I do understand that there are settings will fix this.
    got ya
    can't upgrade via iTunes check this thread http://forum.tipb.com/jailbreak-unlo...ml#post1717460
    ~32GB Space Grey iPhone 5s(Audi)~32GB Space Grey rMini ~ 15" i7 SSD 16GB rMBP(Omega) on Mavericks~
    iPheuria aka The Jailbr3ak kid (soon to be retired)
  10. #35  
    JustMe'D's Avatar

    Posts
    22,679 Posts
    Global Posts
    22,914 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    7.0.4

    Default Did you guys hear Kevin of Crackberry say that nobody at Apple uses 2 hands to type?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ipheuria View Post
    This is definitely a great convo and ultimately I think that is the thing podcasts are made to do is create conversations. What I meant by the platforms having their ways of doing things and it isn't intuitive. Is that as a user becomes familiar with the platform things seem like second nature. I should have used second nature instead of intuitive. So even though the way the platform does things is not intuitive the user has done it so often that they become acustomed to doing it and it feels natural. The way of doing it is still not intuitive for the platform. An example is the way Apple does attachments of pictures in the mail app which I think Kevin mentioned. I've been using iOS for 5 years now and the new method to do it was intro'd in iOS 6 but the other day although I knew there was an easier way for the life of me I could remember it. So I resorted to openning the photos app and copy and past into the email. It's the way I've become accustomed to do it so it's second nature until I re-learn the new easier method. Once I sent the email I suddenly remembered that you tap and hold to choose the input method but if I have to think and try to remember that isn't intuitive. Intuitive is you're in the email you want to attach a photo you tap an icon with a paper clip and then choose your photo done. It's something that you do instinctively because a paper clip is used to attach things to paper documents and using all sorts of other clients that is the attachment method.
    Understood. Great example, by the way....
  11. #36  
    Ipheuria's Avatar
    iMore Genius

    Posts
    6,848 Posts
    Global Posts
    6,884 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS 6

    Default Re: Did you guys hear Kevin of Crackberry say that nobody at Apple uses 2 hands to type?

    Thanks I was going to bring up Twitter too talk about un-intuitive fitting a sentence into 140 characters makes for the worst lingo ever lol.
    can't upgrade via iTunes check this thread http://forum.tipb.com/jailbreak-unlo...ml#post1717460
    ~32GB Space Grey iPhone 5s(Audi)~32GB Space Grey rMini ~ 15" i7 SSD 16GB rMBP(Omega) on Mavericks~
    iPheuria aka The Jailbr3ak kid (soon to be retired)
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Similar Threads

  1. How did you hear about tipb?
    By ghostface147 in forum iPhone 4
    Replies: 40
    Last Post: 01-29-2011, 08:23 PM
  2. Did you guys see
    By ssflo in forum Accessories
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-02-2010, 09:02 AM
  3. What do you guys think of a charging case?
    By aprasad in forum Accessories
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 07-28-2009, 07:47 PM
  4. Any of you guys 49er fans??? (i9erNews)
    By dmackdaddy in forum iPhone Apps & Games
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 01-07-2009, 08:31 PM
  5. Replies: 18
    Last Post: 12-18-2008, 10:18 AM

Posting Permissions