A feature that really seems missing in iOS 6

tyler_zyco

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site
"Tap to Tweet", "Tap to Post", but no "Tap to Text" in the notification center?

Doesn't anyone else think it's odd that Apple has support to quickly make a post in Facebook and Twitter, but still no ability to compose texts from anywhere? Something that every user arguably does more often than the first two?

Rant over, discussion?

tyler_zyco

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site
I was afraid this may come off as a rant. It's more of sheer confusion. Guess they need something special for iOS 7 eh? :p

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
From Notification center, yes, but not the lockscreen. After all, mine is locked for a reason - I don't want anyone who picks up my phone to be able to send texts or tweets without unlocking it.

Guacho

Jun 20, 2009
Visit site
From Notification center, yes, but not the lockscreen. After all, mine is locked for a reason - I don't want anyone who picks up my phone to be able to send texts or tweets without unlocking it.

Agree, I'm convienced ios7 will bring more actions to the notification center, as well as getting " bite sms" style notifications, i cant wait..

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site

I can understand that?I just think it should be an option, much like how we can choose what notifications can be seen from the lockscreen. Let us choose, Apple!

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
alright.....maybe i'm missing something here with this whole "tap to text" thing that you guys say is missing :confused: So if i get an imsg/tx msg and pull down my Noti center, it shows who the text is from, if i tap on that it'll bring me right into the text msg and i could type with a response.

Now, i dont use Twitter or Fb, so the whole tap to tweet-tap to post thing i dont comprehend. So, no flaming me here for not knowing whats going on here:p

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
I'm guessing that people want to be able to originate texts from notification center rather than just reply.

ahhhhhhh. OK. Thanks Karen. I understand now:) So not necessarily replying to something directly from the Noti center, but actually start it off. gotcha!

that would be a nice feature to have indeed:)

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
Agree, I'm convienced ios7 will bring more actions to the notification center, as well as getting " bite sms" style notifications, i cant wait..

lol people have been expecting this since the 4.x.x days - don't see it happening

y'all need to learn to start lowering your expectations with Apple and even more so now

hell, look at iOS 6.1 (beta) so far. nothing new at all, hopefully that changes but i'm not holding my breath

jclisenby

Feb 2, 2012
Visit site
I think it's just as easy to tap on messages and start a new text from there. If you want quick message access, drop it in the dock.

Tappin and Talkin from my iPhone 5

redbeard

Mar 21, 2009
Visit site
Apple's quest for minimalism has made things more complicated and time consuming, this has been available for awhile with Bite SMS. I still won't expect it for iOS 7, iOS 7 will probably see Passbook get NFC if you believe the latest rumors and that's it, and they'll call it "amazing"..

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Modernormal