Google Calendar Bug in iOS 6.0.1

medicchop28

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
There is a substantial problem with anyone who uses Google calendar and syncs that calendar with iOS devices via an Exchange account. I noticed it when the people that sync with my google calendar reported something was weird when they opened the events on their iPhone, iPad and iPod. It appears when you open the events that were created on the google calendar that they are now showing up as invites as opposed to events. The even bigger problem is that anyone who has permission in that calendar to make changes can no longer change the events since because they are invites they can not be edited. This has never been a problem when syncing google calendar with an iOS device. But since 6.0.1 rolled out it has become a huge problem. The events at least show up and until you tap to open them look like a normal event. But once you open it then you notice it is an invite and gives you the options to reply "accept" "maybe" "decline".

I hope someone can put some pressure on Apple to fix this quickly when 6.1 releases becasue it is causing huge problems for a whole lot of people. There are a number of threads in Apple's community forum's started about it allready and all appear to be the same problem. Here is the link:

https://discussions.apple.com/message/20193809#20193809

I am sure this all has to do with people who are actually using MS Exchange server and were having issues with their invites. But when fixing that it appears they caused an issue with the way everyone else uses exchange which is to sync calendars from other accounts.

Thanks

nmeredith13

Jan 2, 2009
Visit site
I realized I had this issue the other day, I thought I messed something up when I updated my iPhone 5! My google calendar is not for work or anything, just personal stuff, so it is not too vital but it is annoying. I hope they get this fixed really soon, otherwise I might have to switch to using iCloud.

Amy wineBerry

Oct 15, 2011
Visit site
I was wondering what was going on for awhile now. I just figured I had set things up incorrectly in Google. Really sucks when I want to try and edit an event. Thanks for starting this thread.

totti_07

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
I want to kill someone. I heavily depend on my calendar and now some items aren't even showing up.

Please someone help fix this!

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I want to kill someone. I heavily depend on my calendar and now some items aren't even showing up.

Please someone help fix this!

Have you followed the instructions HERE? Also, go to Settings-Mail, Contact, Calendars and then scroll down to the Calendar menu and make sure the "sync" is set for you to view your events. Mine is set to sync "All Events".

John Yester

Moderator Team Leader
Ambassador
May 23, 2012
Visit site
I am not seeing this issue. Maybe a setting like JustMe'D suggested. Though I have mine set up the same way as his.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Which issue are the last two replies addressing? Just viewing events? Or an overall fix?

Possibly, both. If the viewer has it set to only sync the last 3 months, he or she will be unable to view any events beyond that period of time.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Mine is set to sync all events. I have never had a problem until I updated to 6.01

Try deleting that particular email account from your device, reboot your device, and then re-configure that account on your device. Your information should still be available because it is stored on Google's server.

Amy wineBerry

Oct 15, 2011
Visit site
So it seems the problem does not occur when I'm using the main gmail calendar. However, all additional calendars show as calendar invites.

Resetting or deleting does not work. I've reset my device a number of times for other reasons and the same thing is still going on with my google calendars.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Last edited:

totti_07

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
At least others are experiencing it too, and hopefully Apple starts to realize this is a major issue that needs to be resolved fast.

wrxnfx

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
I, too, am having the problem of events disappearing, reappearing in duplicate, and then disappearing. This is so frustrating when trying to make appointments and also trying to figure out if you have one coming up or not. BTW...I'm on 6.0.2, now.

Amy wineBerry

Oct 15, 2011
Visit site
To "solve" my problem, I ended up setting up my gmail mail function as exchange and then set up the gmail calendar portion as the non-exchange option. Hooray for workarounds I guess. 😒

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2