iOS 6 Calendar Reminder Issues

nat750

Aug 3, 2009
Visit site
Since getting my iPhone 5 & restoring from my last back up my calendar reminders don't alert me anymore. Sometimes they flash up on the screen quick & then disappear, or sometimes no alert at all or sometimes they actually do work. I've tried everything but nothing has worked & after much tweaking options etc & setting reminders on my 4th Gen iPod Touch in iOS 6 & my iPad 4 iOS 6 the only conclusion I can come up with is its an iPhone 5 issue because Calendar reminders work fine on other devices. Just wondered if anyone else has same issues. Been on to Apple & they sent me a Brand new phone but still the same. Was thinking it could be a corrupt back up file also but who knows......

nmeredith13

Jan 2, 2009
Visit site
I use my calendar for everything, and I haven't had any issues with my reminders not working. Did you set default reminders in settings? General>Mail, Contacts, Calendars>Default alert times. That will let you set default times for birthdays, events, and all day events. If you have, maybe set it up as a new iphone instead of restoring from a back up?

I hope this helps... Good luck!

spacebug

Jan 30, 2013
Visit site
I also have the exact problem on my iPhone 5 when using the iCloud calendar.
When using google calendar everything works, all the time. No dissapearing notifications.
This is still there after update to iOS 6.1

spacebug

Jan 30, 2013
Visit site
Update: The problem occurs when I have connected my iCloud acount with calendar enabled on my iMac.

It's like the iPhone 5 thinks I have seen the notice on my iMac and therefore removes it from the phone.

This happens even if my iMac is locked/lockscreen.

Do you other guys who have this problem, use en iMac or could it be the other iOS devices that makes this?

spacebug

Jan 30, 2013
Visit site
Update 2:

I borrowed my fathers ipad3 and updated it to iOS 6.1

Then ran some tests.

Everytime my iMac is involved it does not work. (Notice disappears after a few seconds on iOS devices).
When only using iOS devices everything works.

It does not matter if the screen is locked or not on the iMac.

iMac running OS X 10.8.2