Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree4Likes
    LCW
    iMore Expert

Global Posts
    1,183 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Default iOS6.1 beta 2

Installed on my iPad mini tonight... Haven't played with it too much yet to notice the changes
    iMore Expert

Global Posts
    1,484 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Default iOS6.1 beta 2

So far I haven't noticed any of the issues I had with b1. My connection issues seem to be gone. I haven't had the camera app lock up yet either, but I haven't played with it much yet on b2.
    Mid 2011 27" iMac 3.4GHz i7, 12GB RAM on OSX Mavericks GM
    iPhone 5s 32GB Gold
    iPad 16GB Wifi (3rd gen)
    iPad Mini 16GB Wifi
    ATV3
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    6,878 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS 6

Default Re: iOS6.1 beta 2

battery life on b2 is much worst than b1 on my iPhone 5. The longest I got was 2 days without charge on b1 but consistently I got 1 full day easily ending the first night at around 70ish% now with the same use I'm ending the night at 40ish%
    can't upgrade via iTunes check this thread http://forum.tipb.com/jailbreak-unlo...ml#post1717460
    ~32GB Space Grey iPhone 5s(Audi)~32GB Space Grey rMini ~ 15" i7 SSD 16GB rMBP(Omega) on Mavericks~
    iPheuria aka The Jailbr3ak kid (soon to be retired)
    iMore Newbie

iOS Version

OMG!!!! I cannot wait for that feature to come back. Not sure why they took it away in the first place!
    iMore Elite

Global Posts
    6,980 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    6.1.2 :)

Default iOS6.1 beta 2

Quote Originally Posted by rclark1114 View Post
    Yes, you could in 5.0 but Apple removed it in 6.0.
    I could delete individual songs on 5.1 and still can now for 6.0.1...I don't use iTunes Match.
    "Sometimes its not the song that makes you emotional. It's the people and things that come to your mind when you hear it."
    iPhone Newbie

Default iOS6.1 beta 2

Quote Originally Posted by seashell93 View Post
    I could delete individual songs on 5.1 and still can now for 6.0.1...I don't use iTunes Match.
    It's something Apple changed for ITunes Match users only.
    Banned

Global Posts
    129 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS 6

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    Camera roll or photo stream? Or both?
    This isn't a beta issue. I have this issue with 6.0.1 with camera roll & photo stream.
    iMore Expert

Global Posts
    1,484 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Default iOS6.1 beta 2

Quote Originally Posted by Ipheuria View Post
    battery life on b2 is much worst than b1 on my iPhone 5. The longest I got was 2 days without charge on b1 but consistently I got 1 full day easily ending the first night at around 70ish% now with the same use I'm ending the night at 40ish%
    Battery life is about the same for me (same as 6.01, 6.1b1).
    iPhone 5s 32GB Gold
    iPad 16GB Wifi (3rd gen)
    iPad Mini 16GB Wifi
    ATV3
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    6,878 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS 6

Default iOS6.1 beta 2

I submitted a bug report about the 🔋 life. I've got a 🔋 logger now and I'll submit the info. I charged to full at noon today and now 6 hours later I'm down to 67% so it's definitely draining since on beta 1 I'd get home and around 9PM I'd be in the high 60-70% range and that is leaving the charger at 6AM!

Beta 2 does make the screen even more gorgeous or maybe it's mind over matter? Today is the first time since owning it that I REALLY marveled at the screen. I can't believe I just didn't notice it before. The colors look really rich now very vibrant.
    can't upgrade via iTunes check this thread http://forum.tipb.com/jailbreak-unlo...ml#post1717460
    ~32GB Space Grey iPhone 5s(Audi)~32GB Space Grey rMini ~ 15" i7 SSD 16GB rMBP(Omega) on Mavericks~
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    8,563 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS 182

Quote Originally Posted by rockerchick View Post
    OMG!!!! I cannot wait for that feature to come back. Not sure why they took it away in the first place!
    uhh what are we talking about here..
    iMore Expert

Global Posts
    1,484 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Default iOS6.1 beta 2

Quote Originally Posted by BLiNK View Post
    uhh what are we talking about here..
    The holographic keyboard, obviously.. :P
    iPhone 5s 32GB Gold
    iPad 16GB Wifi (3rd gen)
    iPad Mini 16GB Wifi
    ATV3
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    6,878 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS 6

I knew I wasn't going nuts here are two screenshots, one on beta 1 and the other beta 2. They are both after the same usage as much as anyone can guarantee that

*I don't know what the deal with the image upload is but the thumbnails are below. You can see that on beta 1 after a day it was at 40% while on beta 2 it was at 26% that is almost a 20% difference and believe me it is with the same use maybe even less.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails iOS6.1 beta 2-img_0040_2.jpg   iOS6.1 beta 2-img_0044_2.jpg  
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    4,814 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    6 and 5

Default iOS6.1 beta 2

I knew I wasn't going nuts here are two screenshots, one on beta 1 and the other beta 2. They are both after the same usage as much as anyone can guarantee that

*I don't know what the deal with the image upload is but the thumbnails are below. You can see that on beta 1 after a day it was at 40% while on beta 2 it was at 26% that is almost a 20% difference and believe me it is with the same use maybe even less.
    Don't count phone was plugged in lol jk
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    6,878 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS 6

lol yeah it sucks but at work I can't sync without plugging in but in both cases it was plugged in for the duration of a sync. So roughly under 3 or 4 minutes I just backed up and I'm heading back to beta 1 possibly considering 6.0.1 until beta 3 comes out.
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    4,814 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    6 and 5

Default iOS6.1 beta 2

lol yeah it sucks but at work I can't sync without plugging in but in both cases it was plugged in for the duration of a sync. So roughly under 3 or 4 minutes I just backed up and I'm heading back to beta 1 possibly considering 6.0.1 until beta 3 comes out.
    Its almost getting to the point I never sync with iCloud and match .. I didn't go beta this time around
    I had awesome battery on 6.0 and 6.01 seems ok but maybe a tad worse so I'm staying clear until its 6.1 is public
    BLiNK likes this.
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    8,563 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS 182

hey guys, remember when betas used to be fun?

Ipheuria - you can take your screenshots before you plug in
    Last edited by BLiNK; 11-15-2012 at 03:18 PM.
    iMore Expert

Global Posts
    1,484 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Default iOS6.1 beta 2

Phone was plugged in and there is almost an hour difference in usage, so you can't compare battery based on that.

6.0, 6.01, 6.1b1 and 6.1b2 have all given me roughly the same battery life. Maybe a slight improvement with 6.1, but both b1 and b2 are the same for me.
    iPhone 5s 32GB Gold
    iPad 16GB Wifi (3rd gen)
    iPad Mini 16GB Wifi
    ATV3
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    6,878 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS 6

Did anyone notice that when the device is locked Wifi turns off? On my iPhone I noticed it on beta 2 and even waking up the iPhone doesn't restore Wifi I have to unlock. I've submitted a bug report but I think they are experimenting with battery saving implimentations.

Global Posts
    19,555 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Did anyone notice that when the device is locked Wifi turns off?
    I know this is a beta thread, but isn't this normal? At least it is in my experience and I don't have iOS 6 Beta 2 or any other beta installed.
    On my iPhone I noticed it on beta 2 and even waking up the iPhone doesn't restore Wifi I have to unlock.
    Again, I know this is a beta thread & my response is solely in regard to the Wi-Fi issue mentioned, but with my 4S using iOS 6.0.1, Wi-Fi reconnects after waking. I do not have to unlock it in order for it to do so.
    I've submitted a bug report but I think they are experimenting with battery saving implimentations.
    It probably is a battery-saving feature....
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    6,878 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS 6

Quote Originally Posted by JustMe'D View Post
    I know this is a beta thread, but isn't this normal? At least it is in my experience and I don't have iOS 6 Beta 2 or any other beta installed. Again, I know this is a beta thread & my response is solely in regard to the Wi-Fi issue mentioned, but with my 4S using iOS 6.0.1, Wi-Fi reconnects after waking. I do not have to unlock it in order for it to do so.
    It probably is a battery-saving feature....
    The problem once I start using a beta is I never remember if the stock iOS does the same thing. However I know even if the Wifi wakes up once you wake the device mine doesn't. It wont come back on until I unlock the device. I figure it's a battery saving feature but I'm missing iMessages and emails because my iPhone doesn't have a connection to the internet. Once my Mac got an iMessage and that was when I figured it all out because 15 minutes later my phone still didn't get the message. I unlocked and after a few seconds the Wifi popped up and boom there was my message along with 8 emails.
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    6,878 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS 6

Default iOS6.1 beta 2

is there a time 💣 on beta 2? I just got my iPhone replaced and in order to restore it to how it was I need iOS 6.1. I don't want to use beta 3 if I don't have to beta 2 was so much better on my 🔋.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12