I want to go back to iOS 6

pug29

Oct 4, 2011
Visit site
Not sure if its coincidence or what, but ever since updating to 6.0.1, it doesn't seem like my battery life has been near as good. I don't think there has been any change in usage. Is it possible to go back?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Not sure if its coincidence or what, but ever since updating to 6.0.1, it doesn't seem like my battery life has been near as good. I don't think there has been any change in usage. Is it possible to go back?

Did you upgrade OTA? If so, reset via iTunes while connected to your computer. Afterwards, gauge your battery life and see if it improves.

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site

Apple is no longer signing 6.0. in fact that stopped within a day, or less, after the release of 6.0.1? which is the fastest i have ever seen

anyways, there are things you can do to get it back to where you were. just let us know what you have done to this point and we can give suggestions

personally, i thought 6.0.1 was a little better than 6.0 regarding battery performance.. or at least the same?

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
6.0.1 has been great for me, but I have heard reports of people not realizing that their Bluetooth had been turned on by some weird update glitch. Maybe check that?

pug29

Oct 4, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for all of the responses and sorry I haven't been able to get back before now...

I did upgrade to 6.0.1 OTA, so how exactly would i reset using iTunes to go back?

Also, I use BT in the car everyday, so I always keep that on. And I don't have developer access or I would definitely try out 6.1. It looks like the battery performance is incredible for most using it.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for all of the responses and sorry I haven't been able to get back before now...
No problem and we understand.

I did upgrade to 6.0.1 OTA, so how exactly would i reset using iTunes to go back?
There is no "going back" if you mean going back to iOS 6.0. However, connecting your iPhone to your computer via USB and then initiating your computer's iTunes app and selecting "restore" will prompt a fresh full copy of iOS 6.0.1 to be downloaded and installed on your device unlike updating OTA. I also recommend you restore as new being that you're troubleshooting a problem, but that is entirely up to you.

Also, I use BT in the car everyday, so I always keep that on. And I don't have developer access or I would definitely try out 6.1. It looks like the battery performance is incredible for most using it.
understood.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2