iOS 6.0.1 Released

Guacho

Jun 20, 2009
Visit site
Not sure about this but I downloaded 6.0.1 and I did the whole process through itunes, didn't download the ios updater... is this going to be a problem when I try to upgrade to 6.1 OTA later on?? The settings - general - update still shows the " download updater" screen.

v1nn1e

Oct 14, 2010
Visit site
This probably doesn't mean much, but I noticed that the VZW "Carrier" version is now 13.3.

At launch, we were at 13.0. Then they up'd it to 13.1 to fix the not using WiFi for data bug a few weeks ago.

Not sure about this but I downloaded 6.0.1 and I did the whole process through itunes, didn't download the ios updater... is this going to be a problem when I try to upgrade to 6.1 OTA later on?? The settings - general - update still shows the " download updater" screen.

I'm sure it's fine. The updater for iPhone 5 is more of a patch than anything. It'll do it's thing, then close since you already have 6.0.1.

nubgen

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Updated through iTunes successfully. Here are my findings after a couple hours that I noticed off the bat.

Cellular network reception got worse. I use to get 2-3 bars in my basement, now I only get 1-2 bars.

I'm fine with this update even though this makes my battery life worse. But I had an annoying problem prior to the update, where every time I get a message and after checking it, it would lag my whole phone down 3-5 seconds of lag scrolling.

All in all, I can live with this update now that it has fixed my lag problem. Kinda weird how an OS update would make the reception worse.

matty557

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
What does this update do to my ipad 3 I.e the 'new ipad'

- - - Updated - - -

No you should not loose any data including text messages

boldBud

Oct 13, 2012
Visit site
I'm experiencing a weird glitch since updating to 6.0.1. In the album Relapse, my songs doubled. But the double of the songs can't be played, and are in a lighter colour (like they're downloading but they aren't). This issue doesn't appear on iTunes on my PC. It appears as a song on my phone, and I can't delete it. Any ideas? I tried rebooting.

Attachments

• iPhone5glitch1.png
    iPhone5glitch1.png
    200 KB · Views: 96

Luvstoread

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
So far I've found the battery life draining quicker than before the update. :(

- - - Updated - - -

Also, I've found it's taking longer to charge. I'm going to let the battery drain all the way down to no power and then reconnect and charge this weekend. :)

Last edited:

sj-performance

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
So far I've found the batter life draining quicker than before the update. :(

- - - Updated - - -

Also, I've found it's taking longer to charge. I'm going to let the battery drain all the way down to no power and then reconnect and charge this weekend. :)

same issues here...

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
So far I've found the battery life draining quicker than before the update. :(

- - - Updated - - -

Connect your device to your computer, initiate the computer's iTunes app and restore your device as new and see if that correct the problems you are having.

anon(2353369)

Feb 20, 2012
Visit site
JMD, I realize that my available went to 1.1GB Last night and on iOS6 I had 976MB and now I have 1.0GB with iOS 6.0.1 with installed apps I just did

Sent from my iP5 using Tapatalk

Luvstoread

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
I called and spoke to an Apple rep regarding the battery and charging issue. Evidently with the new update it turns bluetooth on now; you need to turn it off. She said that should fix the problem. Quite impressed with their customer service! :)

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
JMD, I realize that my available went to 1.1GB Last night and on iOS6 I had 976MB and now I have 1.0GB with iOS 6.0.1 with installed apps I just did

Sent from my iP5 using Tapatalk

I don't understand what you're asking. Are you referring to iCloud storage space or available storage on your device? Is it a complaint or just an observation?