Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345
Results 101 to 122 of 122
Like Tree9Likes
  1. #101  
    jrdfox's Avatar
    iMore Newbie

    Posts
    18 Posts
    Global Posts
    29 Global Posts

    Default iOS 6.0.1 Released

    I had the same problem with Facebook once I updated, would open then crash. However I was able to fix it, close the app on your phone, uninstall it, reinstall and sign in as a new user using your current info, has worked great after this!

    Hope this works,

    Dave
  2. #102  
    evolution75's Avatar
    iMore Newbie

    Posts
    11 Posts
    Global Posts
    101 Global Posts

    Default Re: iOS 6.0.1 Released

    Thanks. iTunes wouldn't let me do anything untill i restored it. I let iTunes do the update and restore then I remembered about iCloud it had done a backup at 5am the previous day. So all is good
  3. #103  
    Karenkcoulter's Avatar

    Posts
    5,901 Posts
    Global Posts
    5,906 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS 6.1.3

    Default iOS 6.0.1 Released

    Quote Originally Posted by Peligro911 View Post
    Seem to still drop the 5 ghz connection every now and then and connect to the 2.4
    Not that you should have to do this, but have you tried removing the wifi definition for the 2.4 connection from your network setup on the iPhone?
  4. #104  
    Peligro911's Avatar
    iMore Genius

    Posts
    4,792 Posts
    Global Posts
    4,841 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    6 and 5

    Default iOS 6.0.1 Released

    Quote Originally Posted by Karenkcoulter View Post
    Not that you should have to do this, but have you tried removing the wifi definition for the 2.4 connection from your network setup on the iPhone?
    Yes I already tried that it still connected to it thou I think because both connections use same password it still remembers
  5. #105  
    Karenkcoulter's Avatar

    Posts
    5,901 Posts
    Global Posts
    5,906 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS 6.1.3

    Default iOS 6.0.1 Released

    Quote Originally Posted by Peligro911 View Post
    Yes I already tried that it still connected to it thou I think because both connections use same password it still remembers
    Do your 2.4 and 5 networks have the same name? Mine share the same password but have different names.
  6. #106  
    Peligro911's Avatar
    iMore Genius

    Posts
    4,792 Posts
    Global Posts
    4,841 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    6 and 5

    Default iOS 6.0.1 Released

    Quote Originally Posted by Karenkcoulter View Post
    Do your 2.4 and 5 networks have the same name? Mine share the same password but have different names.
    No diff names I wanted to tell them apart ..
  7. #107  
    Karenkcoulter's Avatar

    Posts
    5,901 Posts
    Global Posts
    5,906 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS 6.1.3

    Default iOS 6.0.1 Released

    Them can you just remove the 2.4 wifi connection from your phone? If you've
    already done that, then how do you know it is actually connecting to the 2.4 network vs the 5 one?
  8. #108  
    Peligro911's Avatar
    iMore Genius

    Posts
    4,792 Posts
    Global Posts
    4,841 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    6 and 5

    Default iOS 6.0.1 Released

    Quote Originally Posted by Karenkcoulter View Post
    Them can you just remove the 2.4 wifi connection from your phone? If you've
    already done that, then how do you know it is actually connecting to the 2.4 network vs the 5 one?
    My connections are named airport express and airport express 5 ...

    Ill go to setting on my phone and ill be connected to airport express and not the other even after I select airport express and tell it to forget the network
  9. #109  
    Karenkcoulter's Avatar

    Posts
    5,901 Posts
    Global Posts
    5,906 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS 6.1.3

    Default iOS 6.0.1 Released

    Then changing passwords for one of the networks can't hurt…

    I have both my 2.4 and 5 networks set up in my wifi settings on the iPhone and I seem to stay connected to the 5 ok. They have different names but the same password. I'm using an AirPort Extreme but not sure if that's relevant or not. I also have both networks SSID hidden.

    The only other thing I can think of is that lower frequencies pass thru walls and such better so is it possible that you switch to the 2.4 network when the 5 may be out of range or weaker?
  10. #110  
    xMatter's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    348 Posts
    Global Posts
    766 Global Posts

    Default iOS 6.0.1 Released

    Does anyone know if this update fixed the showing of Email in the Notification Center after the email has already been read/deleted?
  11. #111  
    JustMe'D's Avatar

    Posts
    20,095 Posts
    Global Posts
    20,325 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    7.0.4

    Default iOS 6.0.1 Released

    Quote Originally Posted by evolution75 View Post
    Thanks. iTunes wouldn't let me do anything untill i restored it. I let iTunes do the update and restore then I remembered about iCloud it had done a backup at 5am the previous day. So all is good
    Excellent! I'm glad you got it working properly. Take care and enjoy the rest of your day...
  12. #112  
    Relletti's Avatar
    iMore Genius

    Posts
    3,853 Posts
    Global Posts
    13,746 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    6.0.1

    Default iOS 6.0.1 Released

    Quote Originally Posted by xMatter View Post
    Does anyone know if this update fixed the showing of Email in the Notification Center after the email has already been read/deleted?
    I just tried it on my 4s and it works.


    Tapatalking
    "My personal hobbies are reading, listening to music, and silence." Edith Sitwell
  13. #113  
    BLiNK's Avatar
    iMore Genius

    Posts
    8,244 Posts
    Global Posts
    8,591 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS 182

    Default Re: iOS 6.0.1 Released

    wow, i did a Restore as New with 6.0.1 Friday night and i can definitely tell an improvement in battery performance

    i did not see any mention of this in the update notes. odd
    JustMe'D likes this.
  14. #114  
    asuperstarr's Avatar
    iPhone Beginner

    Posts
    72 Posts

    Default iOS 6.0.1 Released

    I'm enjoying the update just trying to determine if it helps with data usage and battery life.
  15. #115  
    PhillD88's Avatar
    iPhone Nanite

    Posts
    1 Posts

    Default Re: iOS 6.0.1 Released

    Downloaded and installed. Still have issues with wifi connectivity and now get many ads. Definitely not an
    improvement
  16. #116  
    Karenkcoulter's Avatar

    Posts
    5,901 Posts
    Global Posts
    5,906 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS 6.1.3

    Default iOS 6.0.1 Released

    Quote Originally Posted by PhillD88 View Post
    Downloaded and installed. Still have issues with wifi connectivity and now get many ads. Definitely not an
    improvement
    What do you mean by getting many ads? That would have nothing to do with iOS. It's up to the app developer if they use the various ad networks.
    JustMe'D likes this.
  17. #117  
    sj-performance's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    454 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,352 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS 7 GM

    Default iOS 6.0.1 Released

    Battery performance is much better on this new update.


    ...on iPhone5/iOS6 via Tapatalk...
    My history: 8330*8330m*9650*9670*9330*iPhone4white*iPhone4Swhi te*iPhone5white*iPhone5S silver
  18. #118  
    John Yester's Avatar

    Posts
    4,034 Posts
    Global Posts
    15,552 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    7.x.x

    Default Re: iOS 6.0.1 Released

    Seems okay to me. Nothing really different. As long as it works I am happy.
    John Yester
    Moderator Team Leader, iMore.com


  19. #119  
    quarters's Avatar
    iMore Newbie

    Posts
    11 Posts
    Global Posts
    12 Global Posts

    Default Re: iOS 6.0.1 Released

    Ugh...I have had no problems with my 4 and wifi, but after the update it wont connect to my home wifi. It keeps trying but nothing. Very frustrating. there are other devices connected so I know my wifi is fine. Any one have any pointers or ideas. I reset the network settings but no luck.

    Thanks
  20. #120  
    Peligro911's Avatar
    iMore Genius

    Posts
    4,792 Posts
    Global Posts
    4,841 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    6 and 5

    Default iOS 6.0.1 Released

    Quote Originally Posted by quarters View Post
    Ugh...I have had no problems with my 4 and wifi, but after the update it wont connect to my home wifi. It keeps trying but nothing. Very frustrating. there are other devices connected so I know my wifi is fine. Any one have any pointers or ideas. I reset the network settings but no luck.

    Thanks
    Power cycle your router .. Even thou other devices are connected your dhcp server could have froze up
  21. #121  
    quarters's Avatar
    iMore Newbie

    Posts
    11 Posts
    Global Posts
    12 Global Posts

    Default Re: iOS 6.0.1 Released

    Thank you Peligro911! Something so simple and it worked!
  22. #122  
    Peligro911's Avatar
    iMore Genius

    Posts
    4,792 Posts
    Global Posts
    4,841 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    6 and 5

    Default iOS 6.0.1 Released

    Quote Originally Posted by quarters View Post
    Thank you Peligro911! Something so simple and it worked!
    No problem att uverse gateways are known for this lol
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-26-2011, 01:30 AM
  2. iOS 4.3.1 Released - Direct Download Links
    By David R in forum iPad 2
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-25-2011, 02:12 PM
  3. iOS 4.3 is Released
    By 33mike in forum iPhone 4
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-09-2011, 12:11 PM
  4. GreenPois0n Untethered Jailbreak for iOS 4.2.1 Released for Windows
    By iphoneunlocker in forum Jailbreaking, Unlocking, Hacks, Themes & Mods
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-10-2011, 12:14 PM
  5. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-07-2011, 04:02 AM

Posting Permissions