Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Global Posts
    22,165 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Default iOS 6.0.1 Released

Quote Originally Posted by Luvstoread View Post
    So far I've found the battery life draining quicker than before the update.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, I've found it's taking longer to charge. I'm going to let the battery drain all the way down to no power and then reconnect and charge this weekend. :-)
    Connect your device to your computer, initiate the computer's iTunes app and restore your device as new and see if that correct the problems you are having.

Global Posts
    22,165 Global Posts
    iOS Version

So who do we tell gosh darn it! Before this snafu of an update, I thought the 5 was a great phone a definite step up from my old 4. :-(
    CEO Email Addresses. Just type in Apple.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    169 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS 7

JMD, I realize that my available went to 1.1GB Last night and on iOS6 I had 976MB and now I have 1.0GB with iOS 6.0.1 with installed apps I just did

Sent from my iP5 using Tapatalk
    If I helped you - Please hit that little +REP button
    It looks like an old-school scale next to the report button

>iPhone 6 - Space Grey - 128GB - Verizon Wireless - Current<

iPhone Nanite

Default Re: iOS 6.0.1 Released

I called and spoke to an Apple rep regarding the battery and charging issue. Evidently with the new update it turns bluetooth on now; you need to turn it off. She said that should fix the problem. Quite impressed with their customer service! :-)

Global Posts
    22,165 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Quote Originally Posted by Pink iPhone4S View Post
    JMD, I realize that my available went to 1.1GB Last night and on iOS6 I had 976MB and now I have 1.0GB with iOS 6.0.1 with installed apps I just did

I don't understand what you're asking. Are you referring to iCloud storage space or available storage on your device? Is it a complaint or just an observation?
    iMore Beginner

Does anyone know if the shortcuts issue was addressed with this update?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    169 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS 7

Quote Originally Posted by JustMe'D View Post
    I don't understand what you're asking. Are you referring to iCloud storage space or available storage on your device? Is it a complaint or just an observation?
    The available storage on my device it just Increase the Gigabytes

If I helped you - Please hit that little +REP button
    It looks like an old-school scale next to the report button

>iPhone 6 - Space Grey - 128GB - Verizon Wireless - Current<

iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    805 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Pink iPhone4S View Post
    Thank you EvoRC, will I lose anything like text messages etc?

Everything will stay put, just go ahead and update you will be fine.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    805 Global Posts

I called and spoke to an Apple rep regarding the battery and charging issue. Evidently with the new update it turns bluetooth on now; you need to turn it off. She said that should fix the problem. Quite impressed with their customer service! :-)
    Glad you mentioned this! My battery is already fine after update but this will be even improve it!
    iMore Expert

Global Posts
    942 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Quote Originally Posted by lytefall View Post

Seems to be working so far for me. Haven't had to restart my phone in order to get the shortcuts working again.

via Tapatalk
    Twitter: @vietalogy
  11. Thread AuthorThread Author   #86  

Global Posts
    11,881 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Revised to note: Linked Article no longer exists at source....

If anyone is wondering if this update is worthwhile for anyone with something other than an iPhone5... look here:

iOS 6.0.1 brings iPad mini’s intelligent accidental touch detection to full sized iPads | 9to5Mac

So...even though the hype around an iOS update may not specify anything for your specific device... there may be something in it for you - so just update.
    Last edited by kch50428; 11-02-2012 at 02:14 PM. Reason: revised
    Keith - iMore Moderator - The Mobile Nations/iMore Forum Rules
     iPhone5 on VZW;  iPad(2012) - wifi with BadElf for GPS
    "When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser." -- Socrates
    iPhone Newbie

Global Posts
    53 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Quote Originally Posted by EvoRC View Post
    Glad you mentioned this! My battery is already fine after update but this will be even improve it!
    This has been an issue with mine since Os5 came out. Fresh from setting up as new or restoring my phone bluetooth will be on but without the indicator on. I thought I was the only one it had been happening to but when I asked a few friends to check their phones they saw it had been on as well.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    754 Global Posts

Installed this on both my iPhone 4 and iPad 2.

For what its worth, no issue with Facebook as noted earlier, Bluetooth remained turned off and - and this may is probably accidental - my battery use seems to have improved on my iPhone. While not an issue on the iPad, iOS 6 on my iPhone proved to be a disaster for the battery. I could quite literally watch the charge plummet as I viewed anything. This seems to not be the case - right now. Might simply be a case that this install got some ducks in a row on this particular device.

Still not great success with wi-fi sites that require a sign-in page (like Starbucks or some corporate networks) as the page still may not appear as it used to do with iOS 5 (either as a stand-alone page or in Safari) as a matter of course. Still needing to do hard reboots more often than not to get it to work - and that's after trying a great many of the other 'tries' on various discussion pages.
    iPhone Nanite

Has anyone figured out what the issue is with iOS 6.01 in regards to certain facebook users? I updated my iPad and iPhone last night before bed. Got on facebook on the desktop this morning and was chatting and commenting away just fine no issues. I go to try to update from my phone and it won't, I try to comment, nothing. Same on the iPad. Then I go to my desktop and I'm unable to comment or update status from the desktop either.

Needless to say there has been many deletions and re installations of the FB app from the app store as well as resetting the devices, neither of which works. Is there an easy way to go back to 6.0 or am I just banned from interacting with FB until FB figures out what is going on on their end?

Quote Originally Posted by Bazza1 View Post
    Installed this on both my iPhone 4 and iPad 2.

For what its worth, no issue with Facebook as noted earlier, Bluetooth remained turned off and - and this may is probably accidental - my battery use seems to have improved on my iPhone. While not an issue on the iPad, iOS 6 on my iPhone proved to be a disaster for the battery. I could quite literally watch the charge plummet as I viewed anything. This seems to not be the case - right now. Might simply be a case that this install got some ducks in a row on this particular device.

Still not great success with wi-fi sites that require a sign-in page (like Starbucks or some corporate networks) as the page still may not appear as it used to do with iOS 5 (either as a stand-alone page or in Safari) as a matter of course. Still needing to do hard reboots more often than not to get it to work - and that's after trying a great many of the other 'tries' on various discussion pages.
    Have you reset your network settings. That seemed tondo the trick for me.
    iPhone 6 Plus 64 GB - 2014 Mac Book Air

Got a question:
    New to the Forums:
    How we work around here:
    iMore Newbie

Global Posts
    101 Global Posts

I just did the update on my 4s OTA and after the restart it shows me to connect it to iTunes. So when I do iTunes tells me "iTunes has detected an iPhone in recovery mode. You must restore this iPhone before it can be used with iTunes" Why did this happen? Will I loss everything since I haven't done a back up since I got it a month ago. PLEASE HELP!!!!!

Global Posts
    22,165 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Quote Originally Posted by evolution75 View Post
    I just did the update on my 4s OTA and after the restart it shows me to connect it to iTunes. So when I do iTunes tells me "iTunes has detected an iPhone in recovery mode. You must restore this iPhone before it can be used with iTunes" Why did this happen? Will I loss everything since I haven't done a back up since I got it a month ago. PLEASE HELP!!!!!
    Your guess is as good as mine as to why it happened and yes, it is a "possibility" that you could lose your text messages, photos, settings , etcetera. However, your purchased music, apps, videos, email, contacts, calendars, reminders, notes (if you have them via gmail, yahoo, windows love, iCloud, etc) will be readily available to you once you reconfigure your device. Having said that, are you able to use your device or is it stuck at the connect to iTunes screen? If you have to connect it to iTunes, let iTunes detect your device and when it does, check to see if your apps and stuff appears in the appropriate section. If they do, then I would attempt to backup the device via iTunes. Afterwards, go ahead and let it restore your device for you. Note: I am not there to see what is happening with your device so my advice is at your own risk.
    Thanked by:
    evolution75 (11-03-2012)
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    754 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by zerog46 View Post
    Have you reset your network settings. That seemed tondo the trick for me.
    Yeah zerog46, that was one the 'tries' - again this morning after the upgrade. Same results. Darn.
    iMore Elite

Global Posts
    6,494 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Quote Originally Posted by WreakingHavoc View Post
    Are the dup emails from your Gmail acct.? Are you using a alternate email client other than the Apple mail.app?
    This has been a known issues for some before iOS6.
    I have always received dupe email notifications on my iPad2 .
    Recently I restored as new my iPhone 4S and I starting getting the dupe email notifications there as well.
    Some get dupe txt notifications.

Anyway, I am using the native email with Gmail through Exchange.
    I also have a Pop Cox email account through the native email.
    Both produce the dupes notifications,
    I've also deleted my both email accounts and re up and still get the dupes.
    Very annoying.

Good Luck

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by kch50428 View Post
    Revised to note: Linked Article no longer exists at source....

If anyone is wondering if this update is worthwhile for anyone with something other than an iPhone5... look here:

iOS 6.0.1 brings iPad mini’s intelligent accidental touch detection to full sized iPads | 9to5Mac

So...even though the hype around an iOS update may not specify anything for your specific device... there may be something in it for you - so just update.
    Nice find Keith
    Tks

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by lytefall View Post

Mine are squirrely.

Apple TV
    iPhone 5S
    iPad Air Wi-Fi
    MacBook Air 13" Mid 2012 Yosemite 10.10
    Cigar Lover
    iMore Pro

iOS Version

No issues here so far. Downloaded via iTunes this time.

Did iOS 6.0 OTA and had a corruption issue with one or more of the apps so I had to restore as new. Big pain.
    Formerly PCgirl on CB.com and BBForums
    Star-Tac --> Nextel --> BB 8100 --> 8300 --> 8900 --> 9700 -->  iPhone 4S -->  5 -->  6+
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    8,629 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS 182

Quote Originally Posted by evolution75 View Post
    did you happen to have iCloud backup turned ON? if so, you can restore and then use your latest iCloud backup

personally, i would just restore as new just to eliminate any issues. peace of mind alone can go a long way
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    367 Global Posts
    iOS Version

I updated to 6.0.1 last night via iTunes. So far so good. No wifi glitches which happened twice on 6.0. No crashing of Facebook as a result of the update.
    iMore Elite

Global Posts
    6,494 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Well contrary to what I reported earlier in this thread, the update did not resolve my Auto-Lock not auto-locking on both my iPad 2 & my iPhone 4S.
    Good Luck

Apple TV
    iPhone 5S
    iPad Air Wi-Fi
    MacBook Air 13" Mid 2012 Yosemite 10.10
    Cigar Lover
    LCW
    iMore Expert

Global Posts
    1,329 Global Posts
    iOS Version

6.0.1 still doesn't seem to have fully resolved the port wifi connectivity to wpa2 wifi networks... Have 6.0.1 on my mini as well... But 6.1 beta on my iPhone 5 seems to have a much more stable wifi connection (on same wpa2 wifi network)
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    4,922 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    6 and 5

Seem to still drop the 5 ghz connection every now and then and connect to the 2.4
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast