Old computer 10.5.8, careless iOS 6 update
I have one of those old black intel Macs from way back. Since June, it's been playing nice with my new ipad (3rd generation). Unfortunately, earlier this week, I did a wifi update on the iPad. When I got home, I found out that my computer could no longer interact with the ipad because 10.5.8 is too old for the necessary iteration of itunes. What to do? I reset/erased the ipad, but the update stuck (I know now that it would not have worked). I have access to other macs but can't keep mooching off others.
In sum, what can I do now? While I do have some budget, a new computer would be a very last resort. Is there some work around that would allow me into iPad filesharing on my beloved dinosaur?
Last edited by missruthie; 11-22-2012 at 06:02 PM. Reason: Typo
- 10-28-2012, 02:50 PM #2
- 11-22-2012, 11:22 AM #4
Re: Old computer 10.5.8, careless iOS 6 update
Hiya. I ordered it through apple. Was like 1 800 apple. Also, if you're not sure whether the upgrade is compatible with your machine, the representative can check using your serial. Shipping took well over a week, though. Oh 20 USD for single user and 30 for family. Shipping included. Good luck
Last edited by missruthie; 11-22-2012 at 06:04 PM. Reason: Typo
- 11-22-2012, 07:20 PM #6
- By HPepper in forum Jailbreaking, Unlocking, Hacks, Themes & ModsReplies: 3Last Post: 10-11-2011, 07:37 PM
- By Johnny-5 in forum Jailbreaking, Unlocking, Hacks, Themes & ModsReplies: 28Last Post: 10-07-2011, 01:42 PM
- By wiggy1 in forum iTunesReplies: 5Last Post: 04-28-2011, 05:13 AM
- By lineskier22 in forum Jailbreaking, Unlocking, Hacks, Themes & ModsReplies: 3Last Post: 11-23-2010, 07:33 PM
- By scottdoc718 in forum iPhone 4Replies: 3Last Post: 09-06-2010, 09:03 PM