Photostream Question

h_A_Z

Jan 29, 2012
Visit site
Guys just wondering. Lets say I make a PhotoStream album to share with a family member (private). The picture was initially in my iphone. After I have shared it, of course it will appear in my other devices (right?) and the people I shared it with. Now what if I DELETE the original photo(s) from my iphone which i posted from initially. Will it delete it everywhere else? Thanks guys

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
Guys just wondering. Lets say I make a PhotoStream album to share with a family member (private). The picture was initially in my iphone. After I have shared it, of course it will appear in my other devices (right?) and the people I shared it with. Now what if I DELETE the original photo(s) from my iphone which i posted from initially. Will it delete it everywhere else? Thanks guys

Yes it will delete it everywhere but they do have the opportunity to save any photos first to their camera roll while it exists in your photostream.

h_A_Z

Jan 29, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the reply. Crap I was hoping that it would stay in the cloud eventhough I have deleted them. I was thinking of clearing some of the photos from my iPhone but would still like it to be in the Shared albums

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
Thanks for the reply. Crap I was hoping that it would stay in the cloud eventhough I have deleted them. I was thinking of clearing some of the photos from my iPhone but would still like it to be in the Shared albums

I think I misunderstood you. If you upload them in to a shared photostream but then delete them in regular photostream, they will remain in the shared folder.

h_A_Z

Jan 29, 2012
Visit site
If you delete it from your camera roll it will still be in all photo streams including shared ones. If you delete it from the shared photo stream, it will be removed obviously but they may have already saved it from the shared photo stream to their camera roll.

Thanks!

TurboTiger

Nov 27, 2003
Visit site
The tip here is to always save photos on photo stream to your camera roll if you want to keep them.
Regardless of whether you receive them on photo stream from your other device or through photo stream sharing.

I take most photos with my iPhone 4S.
Once they appear on my iPad2 Photo Stream, I save them to my camera roll on my iPad2.

Good Luck

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner