App sync completely BLOCKED

Sarah_I

Oct 26, 2012
Visit site
I am having the issue of not being able to sync my apps at all. I have an iPhone 4s and the latest version iOS 6.0, yet it does not work. I can not un-tick Sync Apps (the whole page is in a light shade of gray and doesn't react to anything at all). I have no issues at all with music, vids etc. - only apps. Plus, I even have 50GB free capacity. I have no idea what I could try anymore.
I'd appreciate any help greatly!

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
I am having the issue of not being able to sync my apps at all. I have an iPhone 4s and the latest version iOS 6.0, yet it does not work. I can not un-tick Sync Apps (the whole page is in a light shade of gray and doesn't react to anything at all). I have no issues at all with music, vids etc. - only apps. Plus, I even have 50GB free capacity. I have no idea what I could try anymore.
I'd appreciate any help greatly!

The very first thing you should check is to make sure you have the latest version of iTunes 10.7. Now if you do go to edit at the top of iTunes and go to Preferences and check your sync settings. If these are ok because I have not heard of this before many people forget this although I think it is great that everyone trusts iMore registered users to cure all, Sometimes we can and sometimes we can't. Where I was going with this is to call Apple support. You may need to delete iTunes and reload it and NO you will not lose anything in iTUnes at all. There are about 5-6 entries in add-remove programs that have to be removed in a certain order and once done, Then reinstall iTunes and they can work you through this procedure. I have had to do it for another problem long ago. This might just resolve your issue. I hope I was able to help and let us know what happens.

We are hear to help you. Welcome to iMore and best of luck.

Sarah_I

Oct 26, 2012
Visit site
Thank you very much for your help!
I did check and have the latest iTunes version 10.7. I have also checked my sync settings - they were all fine. I already have deleted iTunes and there was no change to it at all. Today, I also went ahead and installed iTunes at my dads - I found myself with the same problem of only the app sync page not reacting. Since this really seems to be unheard of, I think the problem lies with my iPhone..
I will call Apple support as you suggested and will let you know if a cure was found!

Thank you very much! :)

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
I did check and have the latest iTunes version 10.7. I have also checked my sync settings - they were all fine. I already have deleted iTunes and there was no change to it at all. Today, I also went ahead and installed iTunes at my dads - I found myself with the same problem of only the app sync page not reacting. Since this really seems to be unheard of, I think the problem lies with my iPhone..
I will call Apple support as you suggested and will let you know if a cure was found!

Well I think at this point it would be wise to contact Apple Support for iTunes as that is what they are there for. I sounds like you have checked everything I had suggested and even going as far as trying another computer. It is either something with your Apple ID although I don't think so or you would not have been able to log into iTunes. It might be your phone if you are sure ALL of your settings match your iTunes settings. I would suggest you reset your phone to new but I would like to see you use Apple Support first before getting so drastic on the phone. Let us know what happens as I myself would like to know. Best of luck to you Sarah.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site

Is there a chance someone might have messed with your phone, and gone into Settings>> General>> Restrictions>> and turned something on? There is a spot in there to restrict AppStore, and installing apps... or deleting them.

Sarah_I

Oct 26, 2012
Visit site
It took me forever to find the right password, but now that I've made sure of this possibility - Thank you so much kch50428! It really was the cause! Thank you also very much Jaguarr40 for helping me out! Really happy it works again :D Thank you!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh