iOS6 high data usage

Dunpizzle

Jan 11, 2012
Visit site
I'm having the same issue on AT&T. I'm on the 2GB plan. I always use between 500-700MB. Only time I went over a Gig was using 1.1GB in May when I was traveling a lot. I went into my usage stats on the AT&T website and noticed there was absurd amounts (300MB+) of data being received. The strangest thing about it is that the really huge chunks were during times I'd be on my 90min drive to work and back, so it's not like I'm using my phone then. I don't stream anything, and have used 1 podcast. Last month I streamed about 7 podcasts on my commute and in the end I used 690MB.

There has to be something wrong here. I'll be calling AT&T in a few days because this is a very common issue from what I've seen from a quick google search.

Exxod

May 15, 2012
Visit site
I'm having the same issue on AT&T. I'm on the 2GB plan. I always use between 500-700MB. Only time I went over a Gig was using 1.1GB in May when I was traveling a lot. I went into my usage stats on the AT&T website and noticed there was absurd amounts (300MB+) of data being received. The strangest thing about it is that the really huge chunks were during times I'd be on my 90min drive to work and back, so it's not like I'm using my phone then. I don't stream anything, and have used 1 podcast. Last month I streamed about 7 podcasts on my commute and in the end I used 690MB.

There has to be something wrong here. I'll be calling AT&T in a few days because this is a very common issue from what I've seen from a quick google search.

Same here. I'm on the 2GB plan as well. According to AT&T, I went through that in 9 days.

LCW

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
There is an issue and AT&T knows about it. The rep told me when I called about it last month. They ended up crediting my account for the data overages after my billing cycle ended.

toohotinaz

Oct 21, 2012
Visit site
I've had the same problem. I typically run close to my data usage limit by the end of the month, but almost never go over. This month (with my new 5) I was at my limit 10 days before the end of the month ...

Bob94

Oct 21, 2012
Visit site
Same issue. Dutch carrier, iPhone 4.

My normal usage is around 300mb. Now I can turn off my data after 2 weeks because I'm on the limit (1GB)

GlennRuss

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
On AT&T, Not the shared plan, and data usage up a little. I still think it is an iOS 6 issue. There were cloud problems, podcast data issues, and dropped WiFi issues. I stream Pandora at night, and look over and see 4g, If I do not turn off cellular, it drops WiFi, and I have a very strong signal.

EdwinG

Ambassador
Mar 10, 2012
Visit site
Save thing on my end, with a Canadian carrier. Usage on my iPhone 5 is way up from my iPhone 4, I am at 239MB in the current month, and I'm only at day 4. Usually, I got to 200MB at about day 6-7, on my iPhone 4 using iOS5.

zee921

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
I'm on AT&T unlimited data and I received a text message saying I was close to 3GB and they will reduce my speed. I have never been close to 3GB b/c I am on WIFI 95% of the day/night.

socalmo

Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
I'm having the same problem also. I have the iphone 5 and the other two lines are androids. I look up our share data usage (6 GB) and it said i have used 47% and the rest were 8% and 5% usage. So I called AT&T and the Customer Rep told me that I have a virus on the phone and they will the notate the account. I hardly use the data due to I am at work or home with WiFi connected.

asuperstarr

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
I'm having the same problem and when I call AT&T I was talked to so bad by an agent by the name of Angel. He made me feel as if I didn't know what I was talking about. When I spoke with another agent she told me that I need to make sure to close my apps. She mention my music app was eating up a lot of data.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73