Exchange Meeting Bug on iOS 6

markm

Nov 27, 2011
Visit site
Our corporate IT department just sent out an email asking users NOT to upgrade to iOS 6 due to an apparent problem between iOS 6 and our Exchange 2010. If a user chooses to reject a meeting request on an iOS 6 device, instead of just sending the cancellation back to the meeting organizer, it seems to set the person rejecting the meeting invite as the organizer and sends out a meeting cancellation to all users.

I haven't been able to find anything here on the site or in the forums, but here's what I could find via Google. Anyone here running into this besides us?:
Fortune 500 Company Urging Employees Not to Upgrade to iOS 6 Over Exchange Bug - Mac Rumors
Issue Accepting and Rejecting Meetings from Your iOS Device ? MSExchangeGuru.com
https://discussions.apple.com/thread/4368289?start=0&tstart=0

v1nn1e

Oct 14, 2010
Visit site
How funny, my company's IT department sent an email too.. basically saying the same thing. Don't upgrade to iOS 6 .. a month after it came out.

markm

Nov 27, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, ours wasn't any more timely, but we just hit this exact issue internally last week. (Or, at least, noticed we were hitting it.)

Nobody else?

anon(4706943)

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
Same issue with our company. They sent us the email four days after approving iOS 6 for our iPhones but not our iPads. Making a mess of everything

JonB74

Oct 17, 2011
Visit site
Got it here too.

I have had nothing but problems with exchange email since IOS6. Push doesn't work, my phone sits and sits trying to connect. I finally disabled all push mail and now use a fetch schedule. It helped, but is still a crap shoot whether it will connect right away or take 5 minutes. Worked perfect under iOS 5.1 with the same mail server, same phone, etc, so definitely something wonky in 6.0.

ght

May 29, 2012
Visit site
Apparently accepting the meeting from an iOS6 device can send the cancellation tot he entire distribution list, as well. (Not just declining.)

markm

Nov 27, 2011
Visit site
One of the bug fixes listed in 6.0.1 is the exchange meeting bug, so hopefully that will do the trick.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Modernormal