Badge icons displayed for Twitter but should be banner notifications

marky66

Sep 14, 2012
Visit site
I just received the following from Twitter customer service. It's rather generic, so we'll see if anything happens. Will keep you all posted......

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thank you for writing to us. Our engineers are aware of this issue and are investigating what may have caused it. I’ve added your account details as an example for them to reference.

Once we’ve identified and fixed the problem, your account will be affected automatically, so there's no need for you to check back.

While we are closing this ticket, we haven’t forgotten about your issue and hope to have a fix out as soon as possible.

We apologize for the inconvenience and thank you for your patience.

-m_k
--
Twitter Support
support.twitter.com
@support

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
Badge notification works great on mail, phone, Facebook, etc.

You know it's bad when the Facebook badges work better than something else! Wish I could be more help to you all but it sounds like it's on Twitter's end. Good luck!

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
If that's the setup, you should be getting badges--but they only last until you open the app. So if you're already in the Twitter app when you get a banner notification (or if you are tap a Twitter banner notification from somewhere else to open Twitter) you won't get a badge for that notification, because you're dealing with it right then: the badge is only for notifications that have come in while the app is closed.

In fact, that's exactly my setup, and my Twitter icon does stay badged until I open the app.

Same exact way here too.

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks?and you don't have any trouble with badges on other app icons using similar settings?

Massie by the way out of curiosity if I have my Twitter App closed and shut down but signed in though what are the badges for? I got one today and when I opend it I could not tell what it was for and I have my app setup exactly like yours.

TurboTiger

Nov 27, 2003
Visit site
I just received the following from Twitter customer service. It's rather generic, so we'll see if anything happens. Will keep you all posted......

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thank you for writing to us. Our engineers are aware of this issue and are investigating what may have caused it. I’ve added your account details as an example for them to reference.

Once we’ve identified and fixed the problem, your account will be affected automatically, so there's no need for you to check back.

While we are closing this ticket, we haven’t forgotten about your issue and hope to have a fix out as soon as possible.

We apologize for the inconvenience and thank you for your patience.

-m_k
--
Twitter Support
support.twitter.com
@support

This is the exact message that I received several months ago. Nothing ever happened.

Good Luck

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
This is the exact message that I received several months ago. Nothing ever happened.

Good Luck

I hate to rain on your parade and nothing ever will happen either. Twitter 5.1 was just released yesterday and when I went into iTunes to the app (Not the update) to see what was new you will not believe how many complaints there are and not to mention the article Rene Richie has on his own experience on the front page of iMore.

I believe I will keep what I have now which works perfect until I hear better results from the new 5.1 app.

TurboTiger

Nov 27, 2003
Visit site
I hate to rain on your parade and nothing ever will happen either. Twitter 5.1 was just released yesterday and when I went into iTunes to the app (Not the update) to see what was new you will not believe how many complaints there are and not to mention the article Rene Richie has on his own experience on the front page of iMore.

I believe I will keep what I have now which works perfect until I hear better results from the new 5.1 app.

Jag,
Tks for the info.
I have no issues other than the lack of Badges, with the curent version or the previous version.
Good Luck

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
Same exact way here too.

- - - Updated - - -

Massie by the way out of curiosity if I have my Twitter App closed and shut down but signed in though what are the badges for? I got one today and when I opend it I could not tell what it was for and I have my app setup exactly like yours.

When you open the app, there is a small light under the relevant icon at the bottom (Connect, Me, etc). And if you have View in Lockscreen on, you can see previews there.

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
When you open the app, there is a small light under the relevant icon at the bottom (Connect, Me, etc). And if you have View in Lockscreen on, you can see previews there.

Thank you for the explanation as always and BTW did you get my PM here? Check it out ok?

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
One more idea for you guys: has anyone checked their settings within the Twitter app itself:

4iAME.jpg

TurboTiger

Nov 27, 2003
Visit site
Below is the reply I received from Twitter Tech Support. It the same canned reply they sent me before:

"Thank you for writing to us. Our engineers are aware of this issue and are investigating what may have caused it. I?ve added your account details as an example for them to reference.

Once we?ve identified and fixed the problem, your account will be affected automatically, so there's no need for you to check back.

While we are closing this ticket, we haven?t forgotten about your issue and hope to have a fix out as soon as possible.

We apologize for the inconvenience and thank you for your patience."

Maybe someday they'll get it fix for those of us that have this issue.

Good Luck

TurboTiger

Nov 27, 2003
Visit site
If that's the setup, you should be getting badges--but they only last until you open the app. So if you're already in the Twitter app when you get a banner notification (or if you are tap a Twitter banner notification from somewhere else to open Twitter) you won't get a badge for that notification, because you're dealing with it right then: the badge is only for notifications that have come in while the app is closed.

In fact, that's exactly my setup, and my Twitter icon does stay badged until I open the app.

Well I think I figured this out Massie,
I thought I should have a badge displayed each time someone I followed posted a Tweet.
But now I know that the badge only displays if someone is replying to my Tweet or initiated a Tweet directed to me.
Tks for your time and willingness to help.

Good Luck

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
forwardsmychoice